Archives >> Upgrades and Aftermarket (3/01-11/01)

Pages: 1
MARK PETERS
Member # 12278
Reged: 03/23/01
Loc: WICHITA FALLS,TEXAS
PAC CHIPS
#427469 - 04/28/01 11:01 AM

DOES ANYONE USE THIS CHIP.IF SO,WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT IT?

SuperDuty Steve
Member # 10688
Reged: 01/17/01
Loc: Lewisville TX
Re: PAC CHIPS new
#427470 - 04/28/01 11:40 AM

PAC Chips primarily sells SuperChips. Beware! If the dealer reprograms your computer or you want a different program on your chip, PAC will charge you $100 to reprogram it. Several companies who advertize here, like Bob Riley, will reprogram your chip for free.
'Nuff said.

Steve

qadsan
Member # 8320
Reged: 09/08/00
#427471 - 04/28/01 09:32 PM

If you get a chip from TTS, you won't have to worry about your chip not working if a dealer later updates your PCM with a new calibration.

The PCM in your vehicle has four pages of memory. Most chips on the market today (excluding TTS) replace one page of this memory, but depend on the other three pages of memory in your PCM staying the same. When the dealer updates your PCM with a new calibration, which often makes changes to the other pages your chip depends on, then your chip will no longer work and will need to be sent back to be updated to work with the new calibration.

The TTS chips replaces all four pages of the PCM's memory which is why don't have to worry about your chip not working after the dealer reflashes your PCM with a new calibration. The web site for TTS is www.ttspowersystems.com

I don't own a TTS chip, but I like the concept behind it very much and many here are very happy with the performance from their TTS chip. In my opinion, the guys at TTS have really done their homework and currently have the best chip solution on the market.

On the flip side of the coin is your vehicles warranty. Ford dealers have been known to void powertrain warranties if they suspect that a chip has been used which is something else to consider if you're at all worried about warranty issues. Good luck with whatever your decision is.

Dave Santos
Member # 11605
Reged: 02/26/01
Loc: Sylmar ,Ca
#427472 - 04/29/01 09:45 PM

Hey Super Duty Steve,
You might want to call and talk to the boys, because it sound like it been awhile. They are a dealer for Diablo Chips now and they have been real good about handling problems with there products.( that if you have any!)
I haven't been charged a fee for a reprogram, and I been dealing with them for a couple of years now.

Talk to Jason, he's pretty good about everything and his prices are pretty good.

Grip80

c_monster70
Member # 11033
Reged: 02/01/01
Loc: Arkansas
#427473 - 04/29/01 10:12 PM

www.tsperformanceproducts.com and www.diablosport.com also have four page chips out, or soon will be.

SuperDuty Steve
Member # 10688
Reged: 01/17/01
Loc: Lewisville TX
#427474 - 04/30/01 09:22 PM

Grip 80,

My experience was quite recent, about 2 months ago with Jason. I know they sell Diablo as well, but they were pushing the Superchips. I have a Diablo chip and my personal experience with them then was that they wanted $100 to reflash my Diablo. Jason himself told me it would be $100 to reflash my chip. When I went to talk to Jason's boss about it, he was not receptive to working with me. (That's an understatement and a whole different matter.)

And if you want a hot chip, now they won't sell it to you unless you buy their complete stainless steel exhaust at $1000!

How's that for customer service?

Grip, I'm glad you got good customer service, but beware if you ever need that free reflash!

I live near Fort Worth and have visited their store many times and sent them LOTS of business and this is how they treated me.

Steve

Pages: 1

Contact Us TheDieselStop.Com

UBB.threads™ 6.3

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective companies.
All else is Copyright 1997-2003 TheDieselStop.Com.
All Rights Reserved

TheDieselStop.Com Privacy Statement
Advertising on TheDieselStop.Com

This site is in no way affiliated with Ford Motor Company or International Truck and Engine Corporation.