The TheDieselStop.com 1999-up FAQ
Compiled by Shawn Pryde
|Welcome to the new FAQ. It is
more than a FAQ, it is pretty much an owner's guide that goes above and beyond what Ford
Motor Company provides.
This FAQ is designed to be viewed at a resolution of 800x600 or higher.
To the left, you wil see all the sections available to you. Below, is the revision history of this guide.
10/02/2002 18:16:00pm CST
- Automatic Transmission Article Revised thanks to Smokey and Mark K.
- Oh my, the FAQ was updated! A sign of the apocolypse? Who knows...
04/16/2000 10:00:00pm CST
- Lake Texoma Rally Pictures up here...
04/12/2000 07:30:00pm CST
- xpracr sent in a few diagrams showing where to connect a manual override to the Torque Converter.
- Updated various links (Housekeeping...)
- Updated the navigation bar
- Coolant System Maintenance added courtesy of Steve Pepin and Stephen.
- If anyone wants to write up how to change the rear differential fluid, let me know. The maintenance section will be complete.
- Still working on various projects to help the site out. Everytime I think I can get free, something comes up.
03/20/2000 08:30:00pm CST
- jetfxr68 sent me in a couple of diagrams and instructions on how to permanently fix your turbo bolts...I share them with you.
- Due to a massive amount of work lately, I have been ignoring the FAQ. This will change soon.
- Ultra-Ultra-Ultra preliminary plans for version 2.0 is being floated around (Make it similar to the rest of the site). The whole FAQ system will be converted over to a database system that allows more people to have a hand in this. That and it will allow the 94-97 section and the 6.9/7.3 crowd to enjoy in all the fun I currently have with this sonofa-wonderful thing.
- Next version should have an updated sidebar with cupholders and the wiring diagram.
02/27/2000 11:30:00am CST
- Something must be really wrong with me. I updated the FAQ twice in one week. Here are pics of the new cupholders
02/24/2000 08:50:00pm CST
- More TSBs added. I am about 1/2 way through the archives of all the old ones. I have two new ones I need to post. But, they are lost somewhere on my system. Don't laugh. I have 4 hard drives with 4 partitions each, totalling ~50gb of storage. You try to find a TSB that is labeled "B1" and "B2" (I think that is their names...) on 16 different drives!
01/31/2000 09:21:00pm CST
- Removed VOPC order section due to FoMoCo's suggestion. Hey, I still want my warranty coverage, ok? :)
01/01/2000 07:30:00pm CST
- Minor errors fixed
01/01/2000 00:00:01am CST
- FAQ seems to be Y2K compliant...
- Turbo bolt problem added to Unsolved Mysteries
- I am adding more part #s to the FAQ. If you have any, let me know. Anything from aftermarket parts to turbo bolts (*grin*) to the entire engine block, I want them in the FAQ.
- Some Text of known TSBs added to the TSB section (I think 4 total...).
- Happy New Year. Can't wait till next year when the Millenium comes :)
12/30/1999 07:45:00pm CST
- Minor issues fixed.
- Thanks for the emails. I hope I got back to everyone who mailed me.
- Anything else you want to see?
12/29/1999 07:45:00pm CST
- All sections should be online except for Maintenance areas that I have not done nor received information how to do.
- Pictures added
- Tweaking still in progress
- Exactly, why should I buy a diesel?
- Stephen ambushed me with a mailbox full of TSBs, apparently, all of them. I will add them as I have time.
- Version 1.0! That means it is complete as far as this version goes. I plan to add more when I get time but I plan to move on to another project that needs my attention. You probably will like the results of that one even more :)
- Thanks to all that submitted info when I asked for it and especially to SmokeyWren. He is responisble for a lot of the information included in here.
11/24/1999 12:45:00am CST
- TSB Section Now online with EVERYTHING I know about the 99-X-X series. I still have to move the 98-X-X series in.
- Recall Section also transferred.
- I now have a Digital Camera. Expect pictures to be included when I figure out how to work the dang thing :)
- As always... Click here to add something to the list (Or Email me)
11/10/1999 10:12:00pm CST
- Created basic template for the new version of the FAQ.
- Preparing transfer of old information into the new format
- Seperated 'Trouble Spots' out from 'Maintenance'
- Begin Transfer of Information to 'Trouble Spots' since people want that the most
- Still requests on what needs to be added Click here to add something to the list
(Or Email me)