The Diesel Stop banner

Code P1670

16K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Clackmaster99 
#1 ·
Had technican perform a complete scan on 1999 f-250 Thursday following, a glow plug and injector test @ the harness which I performed for what appeared to be be a hard start condition. Technican performed a KOEO and KOER test with the SNAP-ON MIDUS including a buzz test. Everything appeared within range except a code P1670 EF Curcuit Short. Techician suggested replacing the EBP sensor and tube. Could someone provide additional insight on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Had technican perform a complete scan on 1999 f-250 Thursday following, a glow plug and injector test @ the harness which I performed for what appeared to be be a hard start condition. Technican performed a KOEO and KOER test with the SNAP-ON MIDUS including a buzz test. Everything appeared within range except a code P1670 EF Curcuit Short. Techician suggested replacing the EBP sensor and tube. Could someone provide additional insight on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read here...

DTC P1668 and P1670 indicates that a communication error has occurred between the PCM and the IDM.
Possible causes:
Open fuse
IDM relay
Open or shorted IDM enable circuit
Open/short in EF circuit
Open/short in FDCS circuit
IDM powering circuits
PCM
Check for other codes.
Key on, engine off.
Perform KOEO On-Demand Self Test and retrieve Continuous DTCs.

Hope it helps...

#4 ·
Dieseltech50's....

Thanks for the input. Actually, I got two codes, P1316 and 1670.I cleared these codes and they have yet to return. Do you have any idea of what steps I shpuld take next.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.