The Diesel Stop banner

Custom center console...show 'em off

17K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  heineken design 
#1 ·
I am in the planning stages of making a custom center console for my 04 excursion. I plan on mounting a bigger subwoofer than I have now in the JL Stealthbox (10w3). Would love to see any pics or hear any ideas that are out there on the web.

#6 ·
Click my pictures below. I believe I have a picture of mine in there. I rounded mine so it looks like the center seat that was there, and wrapped it in leather. Then attached the factory piece to it. Looks pretty good in my opinion, but I am a little biased...

#7 ·
Well... I get a fatal error when clicking my link now. Let me know if it doesn't work and I will try to find the picture.

#8 ·
It's obviously a problem with the site. You cannot access any pictures right now.

Barrett

#9 ·
#10 ·
I like it.

I need to build something for my Excursion that I can install all of my guages into so the "co-driver" can see them. I'm 6'3" and can't see any of my gauges in the factory cluster because of the steering wheel. I have 3 A-pillar gauges, but they block so much of the front quarter view that I've always worried that I was going to run over some kid. Ideally, I'd like to mount all of them out on the rear edge of the hood because my close up vision is shot and I can't read them without glasses on.

I also want to mount CB and Scanner in the console, and I want to put the trailer brake controller right where my hand would be when not holding the steering wheel. Not being able to reach it almost got me killed once already.

But the most important thing for me is to have a center console with snapping alligator teeth built into the top and goes clear to the dash that prevents Mrs clamgulch from dumping her purse and other cr@p where it ends up sliding under my feet. I suppose I could just throw her stuff out the window, but women have ways of getting way ahead.

#11 ·
Capntroy

Thats looks real good...anythign you would have done differently? Is there a subwoofer in that beast? How is the height compared to where your right arm rest on it? Did you build it yourself or have it built? Any more pics?

#12 ·
#13 ·
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BBones</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Capntroy

Thats looks real good...anythign you would have done differently? Is there a subwoofer in that beast? How is the height compared to where your right arm rest on it? Did you build it yourself or have it built? Any more pics? </div></div>

BBones - There's no subwoofer in there, just the brains for my audio system. If I didn't live in the "Peoples Republik of Kalifornia," I would have probably had a pistol hideaway installed in the console, other than that, the design is great. I'm 6' tall and the height is exactly where my arm wants to rest (also works great as a laptop desk and lunch table). I had it built by these guys; http://www.stitchcraftinteriors.com but I watched the construction and it was easy as pie, basic construction out of particle board, then cover it with half a cow hide. I'll try to get some more pics and post them.

#14 ·
I built a center console with a cuff style electric gun lock in it that I carry my 10" CQB AR15 in. I also have an amp, Sirius brain etc in it. I would be weary of the JL stealth sub. My buddy put one in his 07 Sivlerado and he already hates it. It cost a fortune and all the stuff in the console including the lid/arm rest rattles with the bass now. It isn't that loud either.

#15 ·
I am designing new interior for my 350

I was wondering if anyone had a good source for good wuality seat covers? I plan to keep the stock 350 frames (recover) and use a pair of jeap buckets for the rear seats (four door). I have tried catskins, but they say they do not make leather seat covers for trucks that have already had leather? So I am still looking. I am going to trim most of the interior in custom aluminum parts (console, door trim etc.) I need to find someone that can make both the seats look to match, but not wanting to go to a trim shop if possible.

What have you found?

Thanks,

Bill

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.