The Diesel Stop banner

Edge Tuner

12K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  RIStroker2000 
#1 ·
Is it a good one? I sort of like the way the gauges are built right into the tuner itself vs. having a tuner, and seperate gauges. I know alot of guys like the DP tuner and still may consider that. But was wondering how people like the Edge tuner

#2 ·
from what I've read and heard its the best off the shelf tuner... my buddy is pleased with his...

I am also not sure if i should go with edge( i like the built in gauges also) or dp...

d

#3 ·
straightline + bubba... i agree its the best off the shelf tuner, but now that i have DP i wouldnt bother with it.. My buddy has it, and the same mods.. and with my Dp on 80 eco and his edge on 5 (or race/aggresive whatever it is) My truck pulls oh his like is a stock 7.3 ... and he blows soooooooooooooo much smoke (unburnt fuel).. with my DP i dont blow to much smoke at all (matched fuel/air=good).. I mean ther good, and will make your truck a little more 'awake'.. but woth a custom tuned chip your truck will be "ALIVE" haha

#4 ·
straightline,
is your truck Auto or manual?

#6 ·
I have a edge evolution and really like it. My main reason was like you the gauges are included in the pod and looks good on the dash. Also it was easy to get and install (I was in a hurry and didn't have a week to wait). I have to say it does make smoke, and you do have to watch egt,(I need to get 4" exhaust that would help). I would love to try a DP tuner but then I'd have to add gauges so the edge "box" tuner works for me.

#7 ·
#9 ·
Is it a good one? I sort of like the way the gauges are built right into the tuner itself vs. having a tuner, and seperate gauges. I know alot of guys like the DP tuner and still may consider that. But was wondering how people like the Edge tuner
I have the edge juice with attitude, and ever since i;ve had it, my check engine light comes on. any suggestions?

#10 ·
I have the Edge Evolution CTS and absolutely love it!! I like the touch screen and back up camera option. It droped my 1/4 mile time by 3.2 sec. It has very little black smoke with the race program. Man did that thing add some power!! It will spin all 4 tires when I hammer on it now...

#11 ·
Nolimit92; Man did that thing add some power!! It will spin all 4 tires when I hammer on it now...[/quote said:
:icon_rolleyes:.. ummm what.. snow and mud? :lol:

#12 ·
Why both of course...LOL

#13 ·
I've got a juice with attitude moniter, it adds some decent power, and the guages built in are nice. I don't think its as aggressive as the Tony Wildman chip I had on my '99, but it does pretty well. I cant get it to smoke unless its on level 5 and at low rpms... The chip I had on the 99 would pour the smoke out.

Jason

#15 ·
I have the Edge Evo II. I really liked it except the egt's would get up there when I was towing heavy. Made good power and I really like the guages. You can set an alert tone for all of the parameters. It makes an aweful racket when you reach whatever value you have preset. Keeps you from having to look at the guages quite as much. That said, I sent it off to Power Hungry and had them convert it to a Gryphon (basically changed the case so it does not say that it is CARB approved) and write some custom tunes for it. All I can say is wow!!!! It made a huge difference, especially when towing. EGT's are much lower and the power feels so much more linear. That is the best way I can describe it. The power is just always there when you hit the go pedal. I have 20hp tow, 40hp tow and 80hp daily driver. Picked up about 1-2 mpg also. PHP is a great group of guys and gals to deal with. Great customer service. Just my 2 cents.

#16 ·
old thread but 6.4jr get tunes from innovative diesel, youll poopy your pants when you drive it.. trust me.. my buddy has one on his 6.4 and it makes me really sad that i cant drive it everyday lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.