The Diesel Stop banner

Auto ingenuity or Edge insight ?

5K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  cmirabile 
#1 ·
100 grand on my baby and want to work on it myself, think i have an injector going and would like to monitor better , no gauges yet , no mods except for air intake Which one ? Larry

#3 ·
Sorry, the question is regarding the scan/monitor tool

#4 ·
If you're looking for diagnostics, AutoEnginuity is the way to go IMO. The Edge Insight will monitor some parameters, but with AE, you can record up to the capacity of the hard drive on your laptop. I've recorded runs of 5 miles to get a handle on issues. AE will do nearly everything that Ford's scan tools will do, except the contribution test on the 6.0L that Ford won't let out.

If you're looking mainly for a gauge package, with some diagnostics ability, then maybe the Insight would be a better value.

#5 ·
I agree with Kevin.

#6 ·
I ordered the AE from Clay @ Riffraff. Hooked it up for the first time the other day. There is so much information you can obtain. I was extremely amazed at all the sensors available. Shoot, you can even monitor when your brake pedal is pushed.
If you are going to use it to troubleshoot problems then get the AE. If you just want an all in one gauge to constantly monitor egt, oil temp, etc... then get the edge. The downside to the AE is that you have to have your laptop hooked up to it and you don't want to power it from your truck (something about a ground loop). So, you better have a good battery in your laptop if you plan on driving with it.

#7 ·
might also look into the dash daq. the ae is hands down the best scan tool but the dashdaq can read alot more stuff than the edge and read more trouble codes as well. and still be a good set of gauges

#9 ·
ITP Diesel is a site vendor that sells them. I don't know if they offer free shipping though. Same price as Riffraff diesel (but they have free shipping). You need the Ford Enhanced bundle. Just shy of $360..

#11 ·
Thank you sir. Can you still do the free updates for the first year from AE if purchasing from say ITP or RiffRaff?
Yes, the updates are downloaded directly from AE. When you first get it, you need to get an activation code from them to get the Ford Enhanced part to work. They'll then have you on their database. I think the seller may also report user info to AE as well.

#14 ·
Can you manually turn on the cooling fan with AE? Or see if it works correctly?

What can't you do with it? Fuel pressure?
I was interested in this one as well... Can you activate certian control systems manually like Ford can with their IDS System?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.