The Diesel Stop banner

ULTIMATE gear/tire/final drive ratio comparison chart

9K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  usmcmike 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok so i decided to make a chart to compare the different standard tire and gear packages. This chart also includes a comparison if you went from standard factory tires sizes up to 34"&35". There are also comparisons with the 2010 super duty and the two other major brands with standard options.

I am basing this on what i feel is the most common trucks. F250/350 SRW Diesel 4X4 Lariat/King Ranch.

Let me know if i messed anything up.

Attachments

#3 ·
I have a spread sheet with formulas that I use to figure gear ratios, speed & RPM in each gear along with different tire sizes. Just put in a couple of numbers and it will automatically calculate everything. If anyone's interested?

#6 ·
With all the questions about 3.31's, tire sizes, and me having the same questions i decided to do this. That being said i find that comparing the 3.31's w/ 35's vs. the 2010 6.4 and the other two major brands interesting. There has been debate about having 3.31's and going to a larger tire. Looking at the final drive ratio the shorter gear does not look so bad on paper.

#7 ·
thanks for the info..it helps.. I have the 325 60 R20's on stock rims w/3.55's. Top left of your page reads 62 vs 65 .. but I knew what you were getting at. Thanks Jeff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.