The Diesel Stop banner

'08 f350 6.4 obd code P00B7

14K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  achips 
#1 ·
hello, i'm new to the diesel world and to TDS. i picked up a used '08 f350 lariet w/70k miles about 7 months ago. very nice ride, wife loves it, about a month ago it tripped a "wrench" and "reduced power". my part time job has a obd 2 scaner so we ran it and the code is P00B7, if i reset it the code will return. the scaner or shop computer however, states this is not a valid code. the fault happens about 30 min of driving and i lose cruise control function. everything works fine if the truck is turned off and sits for a few minutes, but it starts all over after 30 min. before 2008 the code was for low coolant flow so i topped off the antifreez with no luck. has anybody seen this or am i the lucky one.

#3 ·
i went to google and found a post from 07-23-2011, H2Oman. he had to replace both thermostats to fix the problem. he also noted some helpful info about the water temp and trans temp gauges, mine are the same way. i will be looking into the t-stats next week. thanks for the help zedd. will up date when the thermonstats are replaced. also, how do i find out if the computer has been updated?

#4 ·
Yup..for did a software update 11B23. That enabled it to read the code. It is a warranty item so let it throw the code and take it in to have the thermostats replaced.

Verify warranty beforehand though as some of the 08's are coming out of warranty now.

#5 ·
it took some time but we took our truck in last week. told them that "after about 20-30 min of driving we get the reduced power and the P00B7 code for low/poor coolant flow, and we have a small coolant leak". i also told them about the TSB's that cover this. two days later we get a call telling us that a heater hose is leaking and that the system needs flush and fill??? so a week later we pick it up and on the 30 min drive home, you guessed it, it fails. stop in to my 2nd job run a scan while the truck is running and P00B7 shows up in memory. my wife takes it back the same day, talks to the servmgr recaps everything, asks why they did not test drive the truck, only 1 mile put on after the first drop off, no one can tell her why. so they have it again, waiting to see what the fix is and how long it will take then to read the TSB for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.