The Diesel Stop banner

Smell in cabin

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  scootdog 
#1 ·
I have an 06 F250 6.0. started getting a smell like dog crap and dead animal.
anybody got any ideas? I looked in the air intake, found nothing.....:ford:

#2 ·
Did you ever see the movie, "Grumpy Old Men"? Look under your seat...

Which air intake did you check? Is the smell worse from the vents?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#4 · (Edited)
seen the movie HAHA. , doors locked. noticed smell coming home from work that nite. in front of the windshield. Is there another intake? and am nailing a hot older woman....

#5 ·
RT. yes, worse frome vents...

#6 ·
must have been the smell from my EX....

#7 ·
Sorry - I lost this thread. Is the smell still there? Most common cause is "composting" in the evaporator core box. Leaves, detritus, dirt, and water are the perfect breeding ground for all sorts of great smells. I've even retrieved little skeletons so there is some way critters can get in. You need to crack the evaporator core box open and clean it out. You access this from under the hood. The debris forms in the bottom of the box, but while you are in there, you'll want to thoroughly clean both sides of the evaporator core itself. The fins can get so plugged air won't pass through.

This shows some of the details. DO NOT discharge your a/c system for the cleaning - that means, ignore the parts where it tells you to pull the dryer, etc. View attachment evapcore.pdf

#8 ·
Thanks RT:lookaround:. gonna give that a shot...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.