The Diesel Stop banner

Weird electrical issue.

946 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  zeroo 
#1 ·
Sometimes when I go to start my 97 it acts like the battery is dead. The battery's are charged but the thing will barely let the warning lights come on and the door buzzer is dead sounding. Then after jiggling stuff it will come back to life, full battery and starts right up. Last night this was happening I pulled the light knob and that seemed to kick the power on. Exorcism or start pulling relays?

#2 ·
What are you wiggling to make it better? I would guess a bad battery cable or connection.

#4 ·
What are you wiggling to make it better? I would guess a bad battery cable or connection.
100% bad battery connection. All the weird stuff was the low voltage getting through and relays sticking on. It was actually arcing between the post and cable. The battery light has also always stayed on, faintly, and cleaning the altenators 2 plug connections fixed that.

#3 ·
Nothing with any luck. I've wiggled harnesses, fuse box... It just happens to return. But the lights being switched on seemed to clear it up instantly. I may need to look at relays. Leave it to me to have a very unique issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.