The Diesel Stop banner

TYMAR

4K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  ltfox 
#1 ·
How much for the TYMAR setup?

#2 ·
$42.99 at NAPA, part #6637, that's for the HUGE conical filter. I cut the tube out of the stock air box lid for an adapter. I could tell right away my engine was breathing better.

#3 ·
Call Dale @ Tymarperformance dot com and ask.......It was aroundd 120 bucks a couple years ago.

#4 ·
I paid $126.10 with shipping in September 2005. Sounds like a lot of guys build their own but it was worth the money for me.

Brandon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

#5 ·
Get the TYMAR setup. Just give Dale a call....He'll fix you up in a heart beat.

#6 ·
To get the real TYMAR, you need to contact Dale Isley. NAPA sells air filters and you can fabricate something yourself that works better than the stock airbox, but it ain't a TYMAR. To get the real TYMAR, you need to contact Dale Isley.

#7 ·
Dales filter is much cheaper than the auto parts stores filter. Even though its the same filter.

#8 ·
I just ordered mine this week and it came to $127 and some change. It is a little cheaper than that if you don't get the powder coated tube. I can't wait to get it and install. I have heard nothing but rave reviews about the TYMAR since I have been reading and posting here.

#9 ·
[ QUOTE ]
I have heard nothing but rave reviews about the TYMAR since I have been reading and posting here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You won't be sorry....all quality parts! I've had mine on since their inception, and it works as good today as it did the first day I installed it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Be ready to hear your turbo!

Dale

#10 ·
I gotta fever, and the only prescription is more turbo!!!

I love my Tymar, got mine Black powder coated... worth the extra few dollars.

#11 ·
send a pm to brad52 he's got one of those tractor cleaners /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/warmsmile.gif in his garage /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif

#12 ·
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have heard nothing but rave reviews about the TYMAR since I have been reading and posting here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You won't be sorry....all quality parts! I've had mine on since their inception, and it works as good today as it did the first day I installed it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Be ready to hear your turbo!

Dale

[/ QUOTE ]
How much louder is it then the K/N filter? I got a nice high pitch just putting the K/N and down pipe on.

#13 ·
I have always been told that using hot air under the hood was bad for an engine. However I have also been told good things about a tymar intake. Could someone tell me why the tymar is good if it is using hot air as the intake source?

#14 ·
This info is directly from Tymar:

"Ingesting warm “under hood” air: Concerns with ingesting warm "under hood" air are unfounded. Intake air temp rise over outside ambient temperature is only 10°F to 20°F higher when moving faster than 25 mph. The largest temperature difference occurred while pulling the gross vehicle weight rate up a steep incline and was only 45°F over outside ambient.

Air density: Although it is true that warm air is less dense, thermodynamic calculations show that the drop in restriction that leads to a gain in overall boost more than makes up for any loss in air density. In fact, you would need to ingest air heated well above 100°F over the ambient temperature to lose power due to the loss of air density."

Hope this helps.

Later,
Darrell

#16 ·
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
How much louder is it then the K/N filter? I got a nice high pitch just putting the K/N and down pipe on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyboby?

[/ QUOTE ]
It should'nt be much different. Bothare a open element intake. Unless your talking about a drop in K&N..... then it would be a bit louder because you don't have the stock box muffling the sound.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.