The Diesel Stop banner

Attention All Admins

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Administrator 
#1 ·
Given that the 2017 models are of a new body style and material, and the current forums encompass 2011's and up, does it make any sense to start a new set of forums for the 2017 and up models?

#2 · (Edited)
With the exception of the '99-'07 forums which mashed the 7.3L and 6.0L into the same group, the forums have been split based on engine model. '08-'10 for the 6.4L, '11 and up for the 6.7L.

Unless the engine changes, I'd say keep it the way it is. JMO.

#3 · (Edited)
After a little thought I kinda have to agree with Homegrown. The 2017 Super Duty is an ALL NEW vehicle with many significant differences from it's predecessors from the chassis, frame, body and yes, some updates to the engine and the technologies within the vehicle from the new aluminum body to the electronics. All of these points are important, not only because they are new but for the parts, arrangements, electronics, potential problems and all new aftermarket options. I think not adding a new forum group for the 2017+ models would be a huge mistake. JMHO

#4 ·
I'm sitting in my 2017 typing this...

and I have to agree-all of my other Superduty's could be in one category for this discussion-even my E550 powerstroke is closer to my excursion which is closer to my 2012 than any of them are to this new truck!

#5 ·
I vote for a 2017+ forum group to start. Those forum titles are the primary way i choose which threads im reading. It also allows users at least the basic knowledge of which series truck they will re reading/commenting on. Thus avoiding some of the what year/model is your truck questions.

#6 · (Edited)
JMO homegrown opinion, or based opinion... Either way, Look I'm with the guy from Jersey on this one. It needs or as the Britts say,," for justfcation purpouses, "it deserves, it's own lot".
Ohh, It's own unique isssues such as the steel to allloy issues ( uninsulated aluminum to steel contact, will make this machine, worthy of it's own literary category).
Many an engineer's eyebrow raiser there boy.
Shaaaweeeeee!

#7 ·
Surely Ford engineers somewhere through the chain of development understood and addressed the adverse conditions of alloy cross contamination. Now whether there solution is a lasting one is the question. Probably some molecular coating of some sort with a couple isolater/poison pads tossed in in some places. But that is just a SWAG.

#8 ·
Hey guys,

So for the 2011 and Up Ford Super Duties section we would then rename it to something like 2011-2016 Ford Super Duties and then add a 2017 section? If this is the general consensus we can take it to the mod team to see if they a pro the idea and then move forward from there.

~Sheena

#9 ·
That' what I'm thinking..........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.