I like the new look! - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > General Discussion > News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions

News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions Discussion of TheDieselStop.Com itself. What do you like or don't like, kudos and complaints, comments and suggestions.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2008, 08:14 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I like the new look!

I like the new look
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2008, 10:38 AM   #2 (permalink)

Unhappy I don't!!!!

Used to be one of the easiest, best laid-out and most readable formats on the web. The "upgrade" has resulted in a busy, confusing hodge-podge.
Stidham 24' enclosed car hauler
Bunch of big old cars

In theory, practice and theory are the same.
In practice, they are not.
Packard8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2008, 10:44 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard8 View Post
Used to be one of the easiest, best laid-out and most readable formats on the web. The "upgrade" has resulted in a busy, confusing hodge-podge.

vBulletin is by far the best forum software. I hated the old site. You just to need to download firefox with adblock to get rid of all the spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92lebaronGTC View Post
Yeah I have a nice big sticker on the back of my car, it covers my 3rd brake light. It says "Chrysler" and let's thieves know my car isn't worth stealing.
DodgeZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2008, 12:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (31)
Send a message via AIM to jdc753
I was "used" to the old forum style and it "worked" but it had many limitations. My main gripe was not being able to just post pics in a reply but with this new software that will be possible, and it is indeed the best forum software, or at least FAR more common than the old. Just wish there was a bit of warning before the change over. Hopefully after this bump things will look up. With this new style it should open up many more possibilities and make the forum more useful, again just gotta get over this little hump.

05 F350
jdc753 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2008, 12:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

My Photos: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc753 View Post
I was "used" to the old forum style and it "worked" but it had many limitations. My main gripe was not being able to just post pics in a reply but with this new software that will be possible, and it is indeed the best forum software, or at least FAR more common than the old. Just wish there was a bit of warning before the change over. Hopefully after this bump things will look up. With this new style it should open up many more possibilities and make the forum more useful, again just gotta get over this little hump.
Since the software was so archaic there were issues that we didn't even see coming. We will continue to work on the issues at hand and hopefully resolve them sooner than later

A nice new feature to checkout is the Active Topics link that is found in the gray nav bar just below the header. It really makes browsing the forum easy and keeps you update on everything that is going on quickly
El Calor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2008, 12:17 PM   #6 (permalink)

My Photos: (8)
Question Sigs

How do we get our sigs to show on our messages ?
Tow Vehicle: 2008 F250 4x4 Crew Cab Manual 4x4 (No Auto 4x4 Here) Lariat Loaded, Leather, DVD player, Audiophile sound system, Memory seats, power extend mirrors, tow command system, tailgate step, bed extender, Rancho 4" lift with BFG 37/12.50 Rancho XL 9000 Shocks.

Towed Vehicle: 2005 28' Sprinter Copper Canyon 5th wheel with slideout

66' CJ5 Rock Ready..
Pics Coming soon!
jays2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2008, 12:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

My Photos: (6)
It's ok but it wouldn't let me log in this morning. I had to go the help desk to get in...
June 1996 F250HD XLT/SC, LWB, 4x4, 4:10LS, E4OD, White outside, Gray inside, Camper/Tow pack, Factory Aluminum wheels, Factory rear slider, decal free.
Factory AIC, Aux dash switches, Full add-a-leaf, Mile Marker SS Hubs, Upgraded E4OD Tranny, Tymar intake and HPX crossover line, BD downpipe, Exhaust brake, 203* stat, BriteBox, California Regulator mod, Truck Interiors Winterfront, Ported bug guard, Energy Suspension bushings rolling on 265x75 Bridgestone Revo's.

KD7UBW - PHAR (Public Health Amateur Radio)

2008.5 Mazda 3s Touring 5 door in Copper Red Mica w/indash 6 disk Cd changer/MP3 and moonroof: The Wifes
Rookie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2008, 12:20 PM   #8 (permalink)

My Photos: (6)
Question

All of my subscribed threads and private messages are gone! Any clue as to how I can find them? Or are they lost for eternity?
Mods- DP Tuner, Edge Insight CTS gauge, 4" MBRP, 6637 Filter, AIH Delete, CCV, Donahoe Leveling Kit, X-Code Springs, 2" Blocks rear and 315/75 R16 BFG A/Ts, OBA with viar and 5 gal tank with Grover horns, Meyer plow and short v-box spreader, Atomic LED clearance lights and Whelen Vertex LEDs.
Pending Mods- Warn hubs, Hutch/Harpoon and Pre-Pump Filter, Coolant Bypass Filter
Red 02 F250 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2008, 12:21 PM   #9 (permalink)

i like it alot better than the old format. I am used to the vbulletin style, and the other one was just not doing it./
Tyrant Diesel Tunes
TYMAR Intake
Casserly 250cc Hybrid Injectors
BTS
496 hp 985 tq!! 16 Apr 11
13.74 sec in 1/4 mile @ 98.5mph
PNWFDE#2
Diezel Dawg is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2008, 01:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

It's driving me crazy at the moment. It's the only "Forum" I use so I have no
idea what people are talking about when they say this new look is more common.
All I know is I haven't been able to get it to work for me. How can I get the forums
to come up showing what I haven't already read first like I used to? Now I have
to click around and try to find dates. It's a royal pain so far. Thank you.
1997 F250 HD PSD 4x4 OR Auto 3.55LS CC SRW SWB 265x75x16 Michelin LTX DP 211K mi.; Ford AIC; Fuel milege; 20.3 mpg @ 70 mph. 12.5 mpg pulling my boat,12.5K, along two lane rural roads. A number of mods ordered from DaleI. Nice round replacement DP. FS2500 by-pass oil filter installed. Fumoto drain valve. Tymar Intake installed! HX mod from Tymar installed. TFI fillneck kits installed. Auto-Rx cleaner in engine & transmission done. Switched from Rotella dino to Rotella synthetic. Amsoil 5W-30 Series 3000 installed!
FS-2500 Bypass filter installed. CD Changer
Velvet rides installed. Joe Servo IDM mod was installed. Replaced with Swamps HV/HF IDM! Rear air lift springs. 4" exhaust installed all the back from DP and bye bye Kitty.
Sparkydm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2008, 01:23 PM   #11 (permalink)

It wouldn't let me use my password that I have had since 2000.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:19 PM   #12 (permalink)

Unhappy

I don't. Aside from losing my screen name and telling me I've been a user since before Al Gore invented the internet [actually, I think both he and I were at Fort Rucker, AL in 1970]. vbulletin may be an 'improved' forum manager, but it carries the disadvantage of making you scroll down past all the obnoxious, blinky ads. Moderators, is there an easy way to change the display to show the forums without the annoying sales pitches? Sponsors, the annoying adspace at the top is only going to run off loyal, educated users, folks who might actually buy your stuff. Please press the new owners to change the format to something less ad-intensive - you will benefit in the long run ....
2002 F350 Supercab Lariat 4x4 7.3L 6 spd. B&W gooseneck, Prodigy brake controller, PAC exhaust brake, WARN manual hubs, Ford AIS, Bilsteins, Michelin LTX, Line-X bedliner, 203F t-stat, Cat ELC coolant, by-pass coolant filter.
Wife's Ride: 2006 Mercedes Benz E320 CDI
Riggodeaux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2008, 04:34 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigrish View Post
I don't. Aside from losing my screen name and telling me I've been a user since before Al Gore invented the internet [actually, I think both he and I were at Fort Rucker, AL in 1970]. vbulletin may be an 'improved' forum manager, but it carries the disadvantage of making you scroll down past all the obnoxious, blinky ads. Moderators, is there an easy way to change the display to show the forums without the annoying sales pitches? Sponsors, the annoying adspace at the top is only going to run off loyal, educated users, folks who might actually buy your stuff. Please press the new owners to change the format to something less ad-intensive - you will benefit in the long run ....
If you will send me the username that you would like to use I would be more than happy to change it for you.

The blinking ads you are referring to are a carry over from the old site. They are Supporting Vendors that keep this site free
Old 01-16-2008, 04:36 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duplex View Post
It wouldn't let me use my password that I have had since 2000.
Send me a PM and we can change that for you
Old 01-16-2008, 04:45 PM   #15 (permalink)

I have no problems with the sponsors making their pitches, and I buy from them; the new format [including the big wide 'dieselstop' logo] does fill at least my computer screen with the adspace, and repeats it when you click to the forums, etc. - so the adspace is ALWAYS there to scroll past. Its' significantly more annoying than in the past. How 'bout making the sales pitch once at log on, and not repeating it to fill the screen at every switch? I emailed my display name, following your earlier post, thanks.
Riggodeaux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > General Discussion > News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.