Loading Pages Hang Time - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions Discussion of TheDieselStop.Com itself. What do you like or don't like, kudos and complaints, comments and suggestions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-03-2016, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (12)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Loading Pages Hang Time

When I am using the classic view and when I load the Diesel Stop forums I am getting a lot of hang time before the page loads, also when I click on a thread it is doing the same thing. If I switch over to the Full view everything loads very quick. I've been having this problem for a while and have been playing around with it to see just what is going on.

I am viewing it on Windows 10 with Firefox 47.0 as a browser but it was actually happening on older versions of Firefox. I haven't tried it on IE to see what happens yet.

96 F250 PS XLT 4X4 long box, 5sp,4.10, manual hubs,pyro+boost guages, Dark Toumaline, add a leaf, Dale's TYMAR, and HX hose, downpipe, coolant filter, Luk clutch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-04-2016, 09:53 AM

My Photos: (7)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey,

When you do notice the site loading slowly, could you please take a screenshot of the loading bar, normally found on the bottom left hand corner of your browser? This will help give us a better idea of what is causing the site to hang.

~Sheena

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-04-2016, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

I'll see what I can do. Most of the time it is just a blank screen with The Diesel Stop header on the top and I am unable to scroll down to the bottom.

96 F250 PS XLT 4X4 long box, 5sp,4.10, manual hubs,pyro+boost guages, Dark Toumaline, add a leaf, Dale's TYMAR, and HX hose, downpipe, coolant filter, Luk clutch

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-04-2016, 11:27 PM Thread Starter

Here is all I get when it hangs up

The text in the bottom left hand corner says:

Waiting for as2.autoforums.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	98185  

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugman View Post
Here is all I get when it hangs up

The text in the bottom left hand corner says:

Waiting for as2.autoforums.com
Hey there

I hopped over to the Classic skin and bounced around the site a bit trying to catch this slow down you're getting but I wasn't able to. Have you cleared your cache and cookies recently? When you were on the FF 47 were you still getting it, or just on the older version?

Dayle

ETA: Did you try out IE - was it any different?

Last edited by Administrator; 08-05-2016 at 02:03 PM.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

I just got another long hang time and the box in the lower left hand corner said that it was "connecting to WWW.google.com"

Then another ones was something like "connecting to www.analyticgoogle.com"

I have also tried it with and without my add blocker turned on for this site.

I haven't tried it on IE since I don't like to use it anymore but will play with it over the weekend.

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

It is hanging on IE also. It appears that when it hangs it is trying to load a add banner or something along that line.

The last few time that I had problems accessing a thread the site address in the lower left hand corner were .

waiting for cm.gdoublecheck.net

waiting for www.google.com

Waiting for analyticgoogle.com

I don't know whey these are trying to load since I am a premium member also my add blocker might be blocking them but I get the same thing with it on or off

All my cookies have been dumped along with my cash, history.

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-08-2016, 10:27 AM

Hey guys,

Thanks for passing that information over. Do you notice a pattern with the time that this normally seems to happen?

~Sheena

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-08-2016, 10:43 PM Thread Starter

Whenever I have a problem loading a page the page itself is trying to load a add, by looking at the lower left hand corner of the page. They are all different type of adds that are trying to load. And here I thought that as a paying member of the site I was immune to these type of problems. It was happening on both Firefox and IE or whatever they are calling it now.

I downloaded a update for my add blocker and it seams to help a lot more, but why do I need a add blocker on this site as a paying member.

I would hate to see what a regular member is experiencing with these adds that are all but stopping the pages from loading.

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-10-2016, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Whenever I have a problem loading a page the page itself is trying to load a add, by looking at the lower left hand corner of the page. They are all different type of adds that are trying to load. And here I thought that as a paying member of the site I was immune to these type of problems. It was happening on both Firefox and IE or whatever they are calling it now.

I downloaded a update for my add blocker and it seams to help a lot more, but why do I need a add blocker on this site as a paying member.

I would hate to see what a regular member is experiencing with these adds that are all but stopping the pages from loading.
Hey,

Were there ads that show for you or is the site just telling you that it is loading ads? As a subscribing member, I ask because you should not have to deal with the ads that regular members see.

~Sheena

post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-10-2016, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

The adds are trying to load but never do load. That is what is causing the delays.

I noticed that before I updated my add blocker that there was a banner add at the top of the page, now that I am running a newer version of my add blocker the pages are loading faster and the banner add is gone.

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-11-2016, 11:16 AM

Is this still happening? I notice that there's a dramatic change when the site is on compatibility mode on IE. And the same ads are take a while to load?

Lee

post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-11-2016, 10:55 PM Thread Starter

If I turn my ad blocker off it is still lagging quite a bit when certain sites try to come up.

The longest lag times happen when googleadservice.com tries to load.

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-17-2016, 10:30 AM

Quote:
If I turn my ad blocker off it is still lagging quite a bit when certain sites try to come up.

The longest lag times happen when googleadservice.com tries to load.
How long would you say that it lags for?

~Sheena

post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-17-2016, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

I shut off my add blocker and checked the lag time and it is between 15 and 30 seconds at times and other times it loads as it should. I am running on a DSL line at 10meg.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > General Discussion > News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.