***NOTICE*** New site look and software upgrade Feedback Thread - Page 3 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions Discussion of TheDieselStop.Com itself. What do you like or don't like, kudos and complaints, comments and suggestions.

12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 05:09 PM
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (0)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It needs some getting used too, but i do like the older style, displaying the older powerstrokes 6.0's, 7.3, OBS 7.3, and a 6.4 on the top of page. I also like how the supporting member "stars" badge used to show up. I do like the garage feature. And mentioning feature.

2003 F550 LARIAT CCLB P/U 6.0 PSD - 4.88's, 22.5 AF Independence, 2" ReadyLift Level Kit, Goodyear 36" Tires, Dual Tanks, SCT TS, Projection Halo's, Looney Wild, 4" LOUZ Straight, Pypes 10" Tip, ARP's, Sinister Coolant Bypass, Sinister EGR Del., Pmax, S&B CAI, Rugged Cover Hard Tri-folding Cover, Chrome Angled Toolbox, Bed Lined, Dorman O.C, Kelderman 5K Rear Airbags, Casserly 155cc's, Sinister IC Blues, Sinister CAC BT's, Zoodad, Sinister RR, Aeromotive Regulator, K40, Cobra CB, Tekonsha P3, 40 LED's, Bull Bar, AM Grille, FB Delete, Ported Heads, VR HG's, AirLift 5K Front Air Bags, AirLift Tank, AirLift Double QuickShot Compressor, AirLift Dual Path Guage, Bilstein 5100's, Total 5" Lift And Some More Stuff.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2000 F350 LARIAT SCLB 4x4 7.3 PSD - 3.73's, Manual Locking Hubs, 14' Bed, 14' Tailgate, 14' Bumper, Spyder 8000k HID Smoked Halo Headlights, Dual Alternators, Dual Batteries, LED Smoked Clearance Lights, WW2, Looney Custom, SCT TS+, FASS Titanium Fuel System, FRx, 6.0 FPR Spring, Tuff Country 4" Suspension Lift, EZ Ride Leafs, Skyjacker 8000 Nitro Shocks & Struts w/Red Boots, BetterBuilt Nerf Bars, Fuel Krank 20x12 -44 Offset, 35" Mastercraft MXT, Extang Trifecta ToolBox Tonneau, Black Husky Topsider LowPro ToolBox, Black Mesh Grille, 5" Diamond Eye Straight Pipe, 4" Diamond Eye Downpipe, Aero-Turbine AT5050 Muff., OBS CPS, Genssi 8" Exhaust Tip. Skyjacker Nitro 9000 Dual SS, 4 AutoTek 6x8 Door Speakers, Rockford Fosgate Punch 10" Subwoofer, Rockford Fosgate Punch 600W Amp, SoundStorm DD662B H/U, K40/K30, LED Dome Lights, Grille Strobes, Smoked 3rd Brake, 08 LED Mirrors, Colorshift Interior LEDs,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 E450 6.0 PSD - 4.10's, 16ft Unicell Box, Built By Timken Aeronautic Transmissions, 280k Miles Strong!

2005 Cardinal Fiver - 36FT, 3 Slides, Mor/ryde, 13,500lbs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Community Manager/Admin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOSPARKPLUGZ View Post
It needs some getting used too, but i do like the older style, displaying the older powerstrokes 6.0's, 7.3, OBS 7.3, and a 6.4 on the top of page. I also like how the supporting member "stars" badge used to show up. I do like the garage feature. And mentioning feature.
Let me check and get the badges recovered for ya.

Jeff

Jeff
Community Manager
AutoGuide.com

If you need Admin assistance please post here:

post #33 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 05:39 PM

My Photos: (12)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AG Jeff View Post
Hmmm, I think I need a drink to think about this one. lol

Can you screen shot what you are talking about, or what is it that you are missing between the two skins?

Jeff
OK,

The first two screen shots are off of the "Classic" skin.
In the gray tool bar you will see no "Tools" heading but it does have "Quick Links"
But when I open the Quick Links in the Classic mode there is no link to the old "Links" page

The next two screen shots are off of the new forum skin.
In the gray tool bar it does have the "Tools" heading and then after clicking on it you can to to Quick Links and then to the Links page for the old information.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Classic Tool Bar.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	288.3 KB
ID:	80874   Click image for larger version

Name:	Quick Link.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	321.8 KB
ID:	80882   Click image for larger version

Name:	New Tool Bar.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	325.8 KB
ID:	80890   Click image for larger version

Name:	New Quick Links.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	338.4 KB
ID:	80898  

96 F250 PS XLT 4X4 long box, 5sp,4.10, manual hubs,pyro+boost guages, Dark Toumaline, add a leaf, Dale's TYMAR, and HX hose, downpipe, coolant filter, Luk clutch

post #34 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 06:18 PM
Supporting Member

Garage
Quote:
Let me check and get the badges recovered for ya.

Jeff
thanks pal
AG Jeff likes this.

2003 F550 LARIAT CCLB P/U 6.0 PSD - 4.88's, 22.5 AF Independence, 2" ReadyLift Level Kit, Goodyear 36" Tires, Dual Tanks, SCT TS, Projection Halo's, Looney Wild, 4" LOUZ Straight, Pypes 10" Tip, ARP's, Sinister Coolant Bypass, Sinister EGR Del., Pmax, S&B CAI, Rugged Cover Hard Tri-folding Cover, Chrome Angled Toolbox, Bed Lined, Dorman O.C, Kelderman 5K Rear Airbags, Casserly 155cc's, Sinister IC Blues, Sinister CAC BT's, Zoodad, Sinister RR, Aeromotive Regulator, K40, Cobra CB, Tekonsha P3, 40 LED's, Bull Bar, AM Grille, FB Delete, Ported Heads, VR HG's, AirLift 5K Front Air Bags, AirLift Tank, AirLift Double QuickShot Compressor, AirLift Dual Path Guage, Bilstein 5100's, Total 5" Lift And Some More Stuff.

2000 F350 LARIAT SCLB 4x4 7.3 PSD - 3.73's, Manual Locking Hubs, 14' Bed, 14' Tailgate, 14' Bumper, Spyder 8000k HID Smoked Halo Headlights, Dual Alternators, Dual Batteries, LED Smoked Clearance Lights, WW2, Looney Custom, SCT TS+, FASS Titanium Fuel System, FRx, 6.0 FPR Spring, Tuff Country 4" Suspension Lift, EZ Ride Leafs, Skyjacker 8000 Nitro Shocks & Struts w/Red Boots, BetterBuilt Nerf Bars, Fuel Krank 20x12 -44 Offset, 35" Mastercraft MXT, Extang Trifecta ToolBox Tonneau, Black Husky Topsider LowPro ToolBox, Black Mesh Grille, 5" Diamond Eye Straight Pipe, 4" Diamond Eye Downpipe, Aero-Turbine AT5050 Muff., OBS CPS, Genssi 8" Exhaust Tip. Skyjacker Nitro 9000 Dual SS, 4 AutoTek 6x8 Door Speakers, Rockford Fosgate Punch 10" Subwoofer, Rockford Fosgate Punch 600W Amp, SoundStorm DD662B H/U, K40/K30, LED Dome Lights, Grille Strobes, Smoked 3rd Brake, 08 LED Mirrors, Colorshift Interior LEDs,

2005 E450 6.0 PSD - 4.10's, 16ft Unicell Box, Built By Timken Aeronautic Transmissions, 280k Miles Strong!

2005 Cardinal Fiver - 36FT, 3 Slides, Mor/ryde, 13,500lbs.
post #35 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 06:40 PM
Banned

My Photos: (1)
Jeff, another issue for iPad users is that you can only attach one thumbnail at a time vs being able to have multiple lined up like bugman has in his reply.
post #36 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 07:46 PM

Garage
Here is an embarrassing admission but an important adminition: Since the original owner sold the website and
it was converted to V-bulletin I have never entered the forums. I have only perused the active threads page. Now that the main URL / landing page does not even give us that so I am even more disinterested in the diesel stop as a website. All I see is some ads... That is how it comes across. I love the community here... I like the software and skin update. But. Nobody comes here for articles or content. They come here for the forums and the interaction. Move the forums to the front. There is no other content worth looking at here. JMHO
post #37 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 08:21 PM

My Photos: (12)
Ford doctor, if you don't want to see the main forum home page just bookmark the forums page. That way when you open it the forums will be the first page that you see.
AG Jeff likes this.

96 F250 PS XLT 4X4 long box, 5sp,4.10, manual hubs,pyro+boost guages, Dark Toumaline, add a leaf, Dale's TYMAR, and HX hose, downpipe, coolant filter, Luk clutch
post #38 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 10:08 PM

My Photos: (7)
Two replies on my tablet, and they don't show on the "new posts" page. I refreshed page, exited TDS and came back.

Go to my phone and they are there. Any ideas? Never happened before.

1994 F-350 7.3 IDI Turbo, crew cab, E4OD,4:10 L/S, LB, Dually

ATS Turbo upgrades: 3" DP with 3" exhaust Magnaflow XL muffler:

2012 Copper Canyon 273 FWRET w/2 slides, Air Lift 5000 bags
Pillar pod: Autometer C2 Series gauges: pyro,trans, boost, water, oil pressure

Hypermax Cowl induction, K&N air filter, flex-a-lite 26K trans cooler with fan,Tekonsha prodigy
Train Horns:

PM please not visitor message
post #39 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-22-2015, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
Community Manager/Admin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryland dieselnick View Post
Jeff, another issue for iPad users is that you can only attach one thumbnail at a time vs being able to have multiple lined up like bugman has in his reply.
Is this in the drag and drop, more info on the device, software, etc.

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff
Community Manager
AutoGuide.com

post #40 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-22-2015, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Community Manager/Admin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford_doctor View Post
Here is an embarrassing admission but an important adminition: Since the original owner sold the website and
it was converted to V-bulletin I have never entered the forums. I have only perused the active threads page. Now that the main URL / landing page does not even give us that so I am even more disinterested in the diesel stop as a website. All I see is some ads... That is how it comes across. I love the community here... I like the software and skin update. But. Nobody comes here for articles or content. They come here for the forums and the interaction. Move the forums to the front. There is no other content worth looking at here. JMHO
10-4, understood and thanks for sharing.

Just bookmark and enter here to avoid the "Soft, Noob" homepage and get to the meat. We have to have something like that to attract the OEM's and new members.

http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/

Jeff

Jeff
Community Manager
AutoGuide.com

post #41 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-22-2015, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
Community Manager/Admin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Two replies on my tablet, and they don't show on the "new posts" page. I refreshed page, exited TDS and came back.

Go to my phone and they are there. Any ideas? Never happened before.
It will show news post you have not viewed since last log in, not all new posts.

Jeff

Jeff
Community Manager
AutoGuide.com

post #42 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-22-2015, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Community Manager/Admin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugman View Post
OK,

The first two screen shots are off of the "Classic" skin.
In the gray tool bar you will see no "Tools" heading but it does have "Quick Links"
But when I open the Quick Links in the Classic mode there is no link to the old "Links" page

The next two screen shots are off of the new forum skin.
In the gray tool bar it does have the "Tools" heading and then after clicking on it you can to to Quick Links and then to the Links page for the old information.
Thanks for the followup, I will look into it and see what we can do.

Jeff

Jeff
Community Manager
AutoGuide.com

post #43 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-22-2015, 06:34 PM

Garage
Got it on the bookmark. Got some more feedback for you - less opinionated this time. I tried accessing the forums on my iPhone 6 and the forums display nicely - and without an app! But, the header is light tan and the text in the header is white making the lack of contrast nearly impossible to read the text. I am not familiar with vbulletin software and if you have a separate CSS file for the mobile version but you should take a look at this and see if it can be changed - text to #000000

Last edited by ford_doctor; 10-22-2015 at 06:40 PM.
post #44 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 01:26 AM

My Photos: (180)
Quote:
Thanks for the followup, I will look into it and see what we can do.

Jeff
On bugman's comment about "quick links", isn't it a bit of a misnomer to have something called "Quick Links" below the top level. If it takes two pulldowns or clicks to get to it, it isn't that "Quick".

Lots of software that I use daily has been "upgraded" to do similar things (functions that were one click away now two or three levels down in a menu). This is supposed to be productivity software, but those type of "upgrades" make it less productive.

First truck -- 1929 Model A Ford pickup, restored from ground up. Wish I still had it!
'99.5 F250 PSD Supercab LB 4x4, ZF-6 w/SB Con OFE, 3.73LS, Boost & pyro gauges, Swamps S175/146 injectors, DP 80 HP Econo PCM (classic version
), AIS,
regulated return,

post #45 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 11:18 AM

I wish the forums had the "Auto save". There has been for me to many times when I would preview a post, especially when uploading a pic to make sure I had the correct pic. then when returning to it, if I hit the wrong button, all my previous typing has disappeared. I'm a hunt and punch typer, slow but sure.

99.5 F350 XLT Lariat 4X4 4R100 4.10 DW CC LB Centurion conversion, 183K miles Garret Turbo, Radio SD &Tape, SP Performance 40-60-80 chip, 100 Gal.Transfer Flow W/Trimax Control Aux. fuel tank. ScanGaugeII, Boost, EGT, Trans. Temp. Oil Temp. Build date 03/99

92 F350 2WD 7.3 IDIT E4OD CC LB dually Banks turbo US Gear O/U, 79K on the engine. 129K body.

Have AutoEnginuity W/Ford enhanced. Lima OH area.

My mind works lightening fast. One Flash and it's gone forever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > General Discussion > News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.