***NOTICE*** New site look and software upgrade Feedback Thread - Page 4 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions Discussion of TheDieselStop.Com itself. What do you like or don't like, kudos and complaints, comments and suggestions.

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Community Manager/Admin
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (0)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford_doctor View Post
Got it on the bookmark. Got some more feedback for you - less opinionated this time. I tried accessing the forums on my iPhone 6 and the forums display nicely - and without an app! But, the header is light tan and the text in the header is white making the lack of contrast nearly impossible to read the text. I am not familiar with vbulletin software and if you have a separate CSS file for the mobile version but you should take a look at this and see if it can be changed - text to #000000
Can you grab me a screen shot of what you are seeing?

Jeff

Jeff
Community Manager
AutoGuide.com

If you need Admin assistance please post here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Community Manager/Admin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill1013 View Post
I wish the forums had the "Auto save". There has been for me to many times when I would preview a post, especially when uploading a pic to make sure I had the correct pic. then when returning to it, if I hit the wrong button, all my previous typing has disappeared. I'm a hunt and punch typer, slow but sure.
Tell me about it I am 6 foot 275 lbs with sausage fingers, I look like an ape on the keyboard. LOL

Just try the back button instead of refreshing and most of the time it will keep the content.

Jeff

Jeff
Community Manager
AutoGuide.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #48 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 01:20 PM

My Photos: (12)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill1013 View Post
I wish the forums had the "Auto save". There has been for me to many times when I would preview a post, especially when uploading a pic to make sure I had the correct pic. then when returning to it, if I hit the wrong button, all my previous typing has disappeared. I'm a hunt and punch typer, slow but sure.
I have learned over the years with computers that before you start to do anything else on them, even on the same pages to save your work or you are going to loose it. You can save it as simple as highlighting it and then clicking copy with your mouse. Then if it disappears off of the screen you can just right click the mouse and paste it back onto the screen.
AG Jeff likes this.

96 F250 PS XLT 4X4 long box, 5sp,4.10, manual hubs,pyro+boost guages, Dark Toumaline, add a leaf, Dale's TYMAR, and HX hose, downpipe, coolant filter, Luk clutch

post #49 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
Community Manager/Admin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugman View Post
OK,

The first two screen shots are off of the "Classic" skin.
In the gray tool bar you will see no "Tools" heading but it does have "Quick Links"
But when I open the Quick Links in the Classic mode there is no link to the old "Links" page

The next two screen shots are off of the new forum skin.
In the gray tool bar it does have the "Tools" heading and then after clicking on it you can to to Quick Links and then to the Links page for the old information.
Ok, I got it. You want to be able to access the older links in the classic skin.

Should be able to get that up for you by next week.

Thanks for the info and followup,
Jeff

Jeff
Community Manager
AutoGuide.com

post #50 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 07:51 PM

My Photos: (1)
Garage
I hope this comes out... White text on tan at top
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1445644227349.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	80970  
post #51 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 08:58 PM

All the avator's were marked with a triangle and explanation mark Had to got back to the classic.

Running window 10 64bit.

1993 F250 7.3IDI Turbo (factory) 2X4 ZF5 4.10 Diff, Floating axle, Extended Cab Long Bed ZeeDee running boards, 185K miles, Second Owner

1999 Victory V92C Overdrive Sprocket, Power Commander, High Compression Pistons, Performance cam. Slash Cut pipes, Corbin Seat, Factory windscreen, Highway bars.

*Commercial pilot and certified aircraft mechanic by choice, Ford mechanic by necessity*

Most iconic aircraft ever built? Ford Tri-Motor of course!! Take a virtual tour
post #52 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Community Manager/Admin

Garage
Quote:
Got it on the bookmark. Got some more feedback for you - less opinionated this time. I tried accessing the forums on my iPhone 6 and the forums display nicely - and without an app! But, the header is light tan and the text in the header is white making the lack of contrast nearly impossible to read the text. I am not familiar with vbulletin software and if you have a separate CSS file for the mobile version but you should take a look at this and see if it can be changed - text to #000000
Quote:
I hope this comes out... White text on tan at top

Thanks for the info opening a ticket.

Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefishbeagle View Post
All the avator's were marked with a triangle and explanation mark Had to got back to the classic.

Running window 10 64bit.
Can you grab me a screen shot of what you are seeing?

Jeff

Jeff
Community Manager
AutoGuide.com

post #53 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Community Manager/Admin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOSPARKPLUGZ View Post
It needs some getting used too, but i do like the older style, displaying the older powerstrokes 6.0's, 7.3, OBS 7.3, and a 6.4 on the top of page. I also like how the supporting member "stars" badge used to show up. I do like the garage feature. And mentioning feature.
They are back!

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff
Community Manager
AutoGuide.com

post #54 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Community Manager/Admin

Garage
Quote:
We will have an update for this next week...

Standby for update.

Case #: 1664364

Jeff

Jeff
Community Manager
AutoGuide.com

post #55 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 10:22 PM

My Photos: (1)
Garage
Mobile style much improved! Looks good.
Administrator likes this.
post #56 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 03:34 PM

My Photos: (7)
awesome. Please keep on providing feedback

Lee

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > General Discussion > News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.