The Diesel Stop banner

PASSWORD FIASCO

7K views 44 replies 16 participants last post by  Administrator 
#1 ·
I have been on this site since shortly after Jason started it with user ID "Jimmy". I'm not sure what anyone could get by stealing my password from here.
The password reset thing has failed me repeatedly. I use the temp PW and progress through the process and it likes everything until I get to last step and then tells me the password does not match the user ID.

I wonder how many others are locked out but haven't made up another user ID and registered again to get back in?

#2 ·
Your the second one I know of. Took me 3 days and countless times of using the links in emails. I just about gave up and quit this forum.

#3 ·
Well, I'm glad you didn't give up. I had no problems with this forum but the GTO forum (same ownership) made me pull my hair out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#4 ·
So far my RV forum hasnt made anybody do anything. But it's not an AutoGuide forum.

I'm afraid to try logging into the Honda and Toyota forums.

#5 ·
Why would you want to do that? You don't have any rice burners, do you?

#6 ·
DD is an '04 accord EX. Haven't logged in for at least 9 months.

#7 · (Edited)
This forum was easy but another one that they own was a worse than a water torture. No matter what I did it would not accept any password and kept telling me that neither matched no matter what I did.

Then for some reason it took, but I did end up going back to the email and connecting through their link for about the tenth time to get it done.

I also just noticed that the problem that I was having inserting a thumbnail link into a post is taken care of. So other things were done when this password thing was implemented.

#8 ·
Not that it fixes the issue but it does me make feel better that I am not the only one that had the problem.
The first time I figured I missed a step, the second time I went through (and had to listen to a freakin' ad to get the captcha words!!) I thought maybe I made a typing error. The third and fourth times I copied/pasted, re-checked every typed entry, read the instructions carefully and it still didn't affect the PW change.

I quit then and sent a help request which has not been answered yet.

I will likely NEVER buy progressive insurance!!! They likely do not know their ad is used as a forced watch to get password reset but it still makes their stature in my mind fall to the bottom.

#9 ·
My request for help never got answered.

#10 ·
It's the weekend and I don't think that the owners are manning the offices. The same problems are going on with other forums that they own and no one is getting any responses for help other than from mods that can't do anything to help.

#11 ·
This has happened to me too. I've been flailing around for about 3-4 days, NOTHING seemed to work and we get NO response or advice from a moderator or administrator, I don't get it. I finally registered as a new member by adding a 1 after my screen name, got on, and stated the problem. No response from any administrator, but Chuckster57 finally helped me by way of a PM.

#13 ·
Hey Newbie - 3 whole posts, huh? I think I'd ask them to restore your old username once they get caught up with the password fiasco. I guess I could start a new one - maybe klhansen1 or RDG1 - and start knocking some heads around....:grin2:

#12 ·
I also had to do the reset procedure as my current password was not taking... and if the administrator reset all passwords this is to be expected. The email links did work form me. I had similar problems on other forums because of this. Yes, the advertisements in the Re-CAPTCHA form are unnecessary and kinda insulting to be frank. I get advertising, but to stick it into a security form? :huh:

#17 ·
From what I understand on other forums that are having the same problem it is that your temporary password went to a email that you registered with and if you no longer use that email you'll have to wait for a admin. You might also want to check your spam folder for the email.

#19 ·
I gave up yesterday. Frames would freeze. I would you and the curser would not move. Three seconds later the curser is laying down letters and the letter keys light up by themselves while the words I typed appear behind curser.
Got email from Apple saying to change password as unauthorized use was detected at 11:45 last night( while asleep). I did that and decided to see if TDS was any better than yesterday. It was a repeat of yesterday. I finally got it.

#20 ·
Finally, after 6 failed password resets (using a different forum sent password each time) it worked!! Long time member but haven't posted for some time because I sold the 2001 F350, replaced by a 2014 F150.
Dave

#21 ·
You're doing better than me, Dave, I can never get to a page where I can enter in a new password because I can't be recognized as a member due to my old PW being voided. Finally one of the administrators is trying to help me by way of my personal Email.

#23 ·
Hey all

If you've created a new account because you're having trouble with the password on your original account, could you please PM us with your original username and the email you registered with. We can update your profile with your new email and get you back where you belong.

Dayle

#28 ·
for anyone else having issues with passwords, If you are unable to get your password resets properly sorted out due to old emails on your account still after the notice was sent out, we ask that you go down to the contact us area, and with the subject line of "password reset" add the following contents for me:

- Account Name
- Email On the account
- Email You need it changed to if need be

add all this, then hit send, and someone on our team will answer that email and fix your account up no problem.

You can do the same and send us a PM privately to have it manually changed, but due to the influx and us tackling a lot of issues, this would be a slower way of getting it reset. we recommend you use the contact us form to get it resolved if you can. If that does fail though and you have waited too long, send us a PM and we will Manually reset it. Just make sure you supply the information above for a quicker fix.

Also, If you do have the right email on your account, I would ask you to please check your spam/junk folders as sometimes with certain email providers, it tends to land in there.

Again, I personally apologize about the wait. We are tackling the password transition as quickly as we can. if you all need anything else, please let me know.

~Shane

#30 · (Edited)
Does TDS/ Verticle scope keep the credit card and personal information of the paid members in their files?
Was their a hacking disclosure in the membership agreement?
Will members be further informed as to specifics as to what of members' was stolen?
Received email from TDS as everybody did. It says to say something if you know something or something to that effect. I will say plainly Apple and Bank of America emailed me saying a foreign intrusion was detected.
Would like to discuss this with an administrator.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.