PASSWORD FIASCO - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions Discussion of TheDieselStop.Com itself. What do you like or don't like, kudos and complaints, comments and suggestions.

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
PASSWORD FIASCO

I have been on this site since shortly after Jason started it with user ID "Jimmy". I'm not sure what anyone could get by stealing my password from here.
The password reset thing has failed me repeatedly. I use the temp PW and progress through the process and it likes everything until I get to last step and then tells me the password does not match the user ID.

I wonder how many others are locked out but haven't made up another user ID and registered again to get back in?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 01:56 PM

My Photos: (7)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Your the second one I know of. Took me 3 days and countless times of using the links in emails. I just about gave up and quit this forum.

1994 F-350 7.3 IDI Turbo, crew cab, E4OD,4:10 L/S, LB, Dually
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ATS Turbo upgrades: 3" DP with 3" exhaust Magnaflow XL muffler:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Copper Canyon 273 FWRET w/2 slides, Air Lift 5000 bags
Pillar pod: Autometer C2 Series gauges: pyro,trans, boost, water, oil pressure

Hypermax Cowl induction, K&N air filter, flex-a-lite 26K trans cooler with fan,Tekonsha prodigy
Train Horns:

PM please not visitor message
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 02:27 PM
RT
Lifetime Supporting Member

Well, I'm glad you didn't give up. I had no problems with this forum but the GTO forum (same ownership) made me pull my hair out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2003 F-250 XLT Crew Cab 7.3L, Chrome BigTex Grille Guard, Quad pillar - 3 ISSPRO gauges (trans, pyro, boost) and DP-Tuner F6; Roush fuel pressure / temperature / oil pressure gauges, Ford Severe Duty AIS, 31 row 6.0 transmission cooler, ScanGauge II, Marinco mod, Walker BTM

I wonder if clouds ever look down on us and say, "Hey, look - that one is shaped like an idiot!"

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 02:36 PM

So far my RV forum hasnt made anybody do anything. But it's not an AutoGuide forum.

I'm afraid to try logging into the Honda and Toyota forums.

Hypermax Cowl induction, K&N air filter, flex-a-lite 26K trans cooler with fan,Tekonsha prodigy
Train Horns:

post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 02:52 PM
RT

Why would you want to do that? You don't have any rice burners, do you?

2003 F-250 XLT Crew Cab 7.3L, Chrome BigTex Grille Guard, Quad pillar - 3 ISSPRO gauges (trans, pyro, boost) and DP-Tuner F6; Roush fuel pressure / temperature / oil pressure gauges, Ford Severe Duty AIS, 31 row 6.0 transmission cooler, ScanGauge II, Marinco mod, Walker BTM

I wonder if clouds ever look down on us and say, "Hey, look - that one is shaped like an idiot!"
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 03:09 PM

DD is an '04 accord EX. Haven't logged in for at least 9 months.

Train Horns:

post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 03:10 PM

My Photos: (12)
This forum was easy but another one that they own was a worse than a water torture. No matter what I did it would not accept any password and kept telling me that neither matched no matter what I did.

Then for some reason it took, but I did end up going back to the email and connecting through their link for about the tenth time to get it done.

I also just noticed that the problem that I was having inserting a thumbnail link into a post is taken care of. So other things were done when this password thing was implemented.

96 F250 PS XLT 4X4 long box, 5sp,4.10, manual hubs,pyro+boost guages, Dark Toumaline, add a leaf, Dale's TYMAR, and HX hose, downpipe, coolant filter, Luk clutch

Last edited by bugman; 06-26-2016 at 03:12 PM.
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

Not that it fixes the issue but it does me make feel better that I am not the only one that had the problem.
The first time I figured I missed a step, the second time I went through (and had to listen to a freakin' ad to get the captcha words!!) I thought maybe I made a typing error. The third and fourth times I copied/pasted, re-checked every typed entry, read the instructions carefully and it still didn't affect the PW change.

I quit then and sent a help request which has not been answered yet.

I will likely NEVER buy progressive insurance!!! They likely do not know their ad is used as a forced watch to get password reset but it still makes their stature in my mind fall to the bottom.

A couple of 2006 6 liters and a 2002 7.3.
Would have traded several times but it is cheaper to keep two 6.0's running than to buy injection parts and radiators for the newer Ford diesels.

Used to be Jimmy on here until password reset crap
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 09:02 PM

My request for help never got answered.

Train Horns:

post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 10:29 PM

My Photos: (12)
It's the weekend and I don't think that the owners are manning the offices. The same problems are going on with other forums that they own and no one is getting any responses for help other than from mods that can't do anything to help.

96 F250 PS XLT 4X4 long box, 5sp,4.10, manual hubs,pyro+boost guages, Dark Toumaline, add a leaf, Dale's TYMAR, and HX hose, downpipe, coolant filter, Luk clutch
post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 09:09 AM

My Photos: (27)
This has happened to me too. I've been flailing around for about 3-4 days, NOTHING seemed to work and we get NO response or advice from a moderator or administrator, I don't get it. I finally registered as a new member by adding a 1 after my screen name, got on, and stated the problem. No response from any administrator, but Chuckster57 finally helped me by way of a PM.
post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 09:26 AM

My Photos: (1)
Garage
I also had to do the reset procedure as my current password was not taking... and if the administrator reset all passwords this is to be expected. The email links did work form me. I had similar problems on other forums because of this. Yes, the advertisements in the Re-CAPTCHA form are unnecessary and kinda insulting to be frank. I get advertising, but to stick it into a security form?
LMJD1 likes this.

Ford Senior Master Diesel Technician

Diesel Technician Society
Diesel Mentor Directory
post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 10:59 AM
RT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMJD1 View Post
This has happened to me too. I've been flailing around for about 3-4 days, NOTHING seemed to work and we get NO response or advice from a moderator or administrator, I don't get it. I finally registered as a new member by adding a 1 after my screen name, got on, and stated the problem. No response from any administrator, but Chuckster57 finally helped me by way of a PM.
Hey Newbie - 3 whole posts, huh? I think I'd ask them to restore your old username once they get caught up with the password fiasco. I guess I could start a new one - maybe klhansen1 or RDG1 - and start knocking some heads around....

post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 11:54 AM
RDG

My Photos: (16)
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT View Post
Hey Newbie - 3 whole posts, huh? I think I'd ask them to restore your old username once they get caught up with the password fiasco. I guess I could start a new one - maybe klhansen1 or RDG1 - and start knocking some heads around....
Be nice now

I had to scroll down to the bottom of the page (on the left side) and change from TheDieselStop.com (Full) to The DieselStop.com (Classic) before I could change my password so you guys are not the only ones to have issues. I'm sure that the Admins will be around soon but they have been very busy due to the password changes.
Bob

TheDieselStop.com Moderator
TDS Member since 12.18.99 # 4366
NRA Member
Retired UAW 383
post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 12:29 PM

My Photos: (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT View Post
Not too much of a newby, I was on here a number of years when Jason first started this site up until 4 days ago with IIRC about 10,000 posts.
RDG, thank you for clearing up what the problem is. Personally it's nothing I can't live with now that someone (you) has finally explained it.

Last edited by LMJD; 06-27-2016 at 12:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > General Discussion > News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.