PASSWORD FIASCO - Page 3 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions Discussion of TheDieselStop.Com itself. What do you like or don't like, kudos and complaints, comments and suggestions.

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 09:23 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (180)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Nick

You can read about the breach here: VerticalScope.com. Note that when they say "hashed" that means encrypted.

If you want more info, please PM Administrator.

If you feel that your credit card number (wasn't mentioned as the data that was compromised), then contact your bank and get the account number changed.

First truck -- 1929 Model A Ford pickup, restored from ground up. Wish I still had it!
'99.5 F250 PSD Supercab LB 4x4, ZF-6 w/SB Con OFE, 3.73LS, Boost & pyro gauges, Swamps S175/146 injectors, DP 80 HP Econo PCM (classic version
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
), AIS,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
regulated return,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 09:39 PM

My Photos: (7)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I got that email yesterday. I didn't see anything that said credit card info was compromised.

I don't use B of A and haven't gotten any notice from Apple.

1994 F-350 7.3 IDI Turbo, crew cab, E4OD,4:10 L/S, LB, Dually

ATS Turbo upgrades: 3" DP with 3" exhaust Magnaflow XL muffler:

2012 Copper Canyon 273 FWRET w/2 slides, Air Lift 5000 bags
Pillar pod: Autometer C2 Series gauges: pyro,trans, boost, water, oil pressure

Hypermax Cowl induction, K&N air filter, flex-a-lite 26K trans cooler with fan,Tekonsha prodigy
Train Horns:

PM please not visitor message
post #33 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 10:27 PM
Banned

My Photos: (1)
No, I'm not saying someone got to my card. I asked if credit card info and other personal was stored. For example, some vendors store your number, others do not just for that reason. This is why I asked. I'm nieve when it comes to computers and the net. Nieve = simple unworldly. Not unworldly anymore. There's probably 6 of me floating around the world. Bank and Apple said an intrusion was detected. That is all the emails said. I also did not know what hashed meant encrypted. Figured this might be the place to ask about such things.
Thank you for the information. I'll PM administration for questions as directed.
Nick

Last edited by Maryland dieselnick; 07-14-2016 at 10:29 PM.

post #34 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 11:19 PM

Nick, your doing the right thing by asking. Too many times I see people who say "can't happen to me". And then meltdown when they find out they bought a new vehicle in Delhi.

While I don't have any specific information about this breach, feel free to PM me for any help keeping safe on-line.

Hypermax Cowl induction, K&N air filter, flex-a-lite 26K trans cooler with fan,Tekonsha prodigy
Train Horns:

post #35 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-15-2016, 10:29 AM

hey all,

is there anything i can assist with here?

~Shane

post #36 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 04:29 PM

My Photos: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
hey all,

is there anything i can assist with here?

~Shane
Hey yeah Admin-I've emailed HELP and you I believe from my new username acct-I've been here the last few years as SuperDutyFiver-the handle I've used for the last 15 years on quite a few sites...is there any way to log back in as myself or am I stuck starting over...adding the X as i have???
post #37 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDutyFiverX View Post
Hey yeah Admin-I've emailed HELP and you I believe from my new username acct-I've been here the last few years as SuperDutyFiver-the handle I've used for the last 15 years on quite a few sites...is there any way to log back in as myself or am I stuck starting over...adding the X as i have???
Responded to your PM

Dayle

post #38 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
Responded to your PM

Dayle
Awesome-thank you!

Mark

SuperDutyFiver everywhere else...
just can't log in here anymore...

PSD 4x4 Custom Tow Vehicle-the 550
PSD 4x4 SUV-the X
PSD 4x4 F350 Duellie
34' Open Triaxle Dovetail
22' Gooseneck Dump
Carriage Carri-Lite
PSD E450 Chassis Cab
PSD E550 Cube Van
post #39 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 10:32 PM
Banned

Locked out by it wanting new passcode. Anything new going on here.
post #40 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 10:55 PM

I have logged out and back in several times. Haven't been asked to update. Hope you get this fixed.

Train Horns:

post #41 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 11:42 PM
Banned

Hi Chuck

Man I don't know.....
After I came back with that whole deal everybody, I thought had to do, I had dif the click her to get email with new password. I then went back and put it in. I thought that was it. I'm not sure I gave every manually logged out since I joined.
Aghhh!
post #42 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-08-2016, 11:20 AM

Hey there,

Sorry but I am having a hard time understanding your post above.
Are you still having issues logging in?

Richard.

post #43 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 12:37 PM

Screw it, I'm done fooling around with all this password BS, requiring new passwords on a website that is FUBAR not accepting the new password is a waste of time and extremely frustrating, the only way I made it here is a temporary password, what joke.
post #44 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 01:38 PM

I am David C and have been a member since Jason ran the show, and have attended many 'rallys' in years past, but now caught up in the password slaughter. Have not been able to sign in for months, but can read as the public can. Trying again to get password and login. When my latest workable password no longer worked, I was referred to a 'lost password' prompt and an email to me was the result. It did NOT give me a temporary password to get access for subsequent change. But when I try the link in the email and go to the location, it wants my "current" password first which it will not accept. I have gone around in circles several times today and am no closer to getting a new password. The link in the email gave me this entry to the site so I am now trying to reach anyone who can give me guidance in getting this straightened out. I doubt I will be able to gain access in the future for further discussing this problem as only the email link (which expires about 15 hours from now) has allowed me to access into this Quick Reply box.
If you can help me, my real email is david-rc@charter.net and I would certainly appreciate the help.

Lake Norman at Denver NC 1999 250 PSD (built Sept 98) Lariat XLE7 CC Auto LWB 4WD ESOF ABS 3.73LS X-Caliber cap BFG 285E AT/KOs Jayco-TT 31BHS
post #45 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 09:14 AM

In the email there are two links, clicking the longer one with the random numbers at the end will take you to the home page yes but also send you a second email with the temporary password.

Kyle

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > General Discussion > News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.