Rig of Month - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions Discussion of TheDieselStop.Com itself. What do you like or don't like, kudos and complaints, comments and suggestions.

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
Banned

My Photos: (1)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rig of Month

So a few months back we were talking about bringing Rig of Month back. Quite a few were jazzed up. I know KLHansen had weighed in and Admin. (Jason?) had clicked he liked my post about it and a site vendor gift card of choice to make it a little funner and would peak intrest of site sponsors hoping they get selected so they can sell more than gift card amount.
It was just all a notion bringing it back, add a little excitement, peak intrest, we had fun just talking about it. People were commenting on breaking out the buffers.....Good stuff.

There are manuals
There is " Just Answers"
There are other forums
There are average mechanics

Then there is The Diesel Stop
We are in our own realm

Let's fire that bad boy up and have fun and make money.

Who's with me on this one?

Last edited by Maryland dieselnick; 04-06-2016 at 12:57 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 02:05 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (0)
Garage
Yep I'm always up for fun stuff. 😜😜😜

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

F350 2002 7.3

auto,4" lift, 37/13.5/16 open country, Bilstein 5100, Maxtow gauges (EGT, Trans temp, Boost), 4 inch diamond eye turbo back axel drop with BTM muffler, S&B intake, RR AIH plug, billet FPR with gold spring, HPX, CNCfab 4 line fuel kit, ARP heads stud, RDP plenum reinforcing insert, complete CAC intercooler boot kit, full engine seal and gasket kit, 360* turbo rebuilt, WWII, EGPV delete, dark blue CPS, Hydra chip, Polished compressor manifold, HD coolant, 203* thermostat, Transgo HD kit, Energy suspension bushing kit, front and rear diff fully rebuilt with 4:88 gear ratio, Z36 powerstop heavy hauling brake kit, headlight relay mod, Fumoto drain valve AND STICKER

F350 2008 6.4 (sold)

TT 26' Springdale 2014
7x17 enclose trailer (shop) 2012
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 02:25 PM

My Photos: (12)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I think that the last time ROM was active there were only around 4 or 5 people submitting photos each month. Interest dies out fast when there are only a few participating.

96 F250 PS XLT 4X4 long box, 5sp,4.10, manual hubs,pyro+boost guages, Dark Toumaline, add a leaf, Dale's TYMAR, and HX hose, downpipe, coolant filter, Luk clutch

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 03:40 PM

Garage
maybe a way to advertise it more? lots of new people each month joining the forum and maybe lots of them didn't know that ROM was running.

should have something like people can't summit the same pick twice so instead of seeing the same truck with the same angle and background, you'll see the truck working, pulling, cover of dirt or mud, brocken LOL. not sure what the rule was, i'll have to go and look at them.

F350 2002 7.3

auto,4" lift, 37/13.5/16 open country, Bilstein 5100, Maxtow gauges (EGT, Trans temp, Boost), 4 inch diamond eye turbo back axel drop with BTM muffler, S&B intake, RR AIH plug, billet FPR with gold spring, HPX, CNCfab 4 line fuel kit, ARP heads stud, RDP plenum reinforcing insert, complete CAC intercooler boot kit, full engine seal and gasket kit, 360* turbo rebuilt, WWII, EGPV delete, dark blue CPS, Hydra chip, Polished compressor manifold, HD coolant, 203* thermostat, Transgo HD kit, Energy suspension bushing kit, front and rear diff fully rebuilt with 4:88 gear ratio, Z36 powerstop heavy hauling brake kit, headlight relay mod, Fumoto drain valve AND STICKER

F350 2008 6.4 (sold)

TT 26' Springdale 2014
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Oh I think a gift card would peak intrest.
Card would intrest vendors because they have a customer calling in with found money to spend. They know they will have a very good chance to sell additional.
yan7gin likes this.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 04:48 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryland dieselnick View Post
Oh I think a gift card would peak intrest.
Card would intrest vendors because they have a customer calling in with found money to spend. They know they will have a very good chance to sell additional.
yes, can be sure if i have 50$ gift card, I"ll spend 100$ and if I have 100$ gift card, ... probably 200-300$ lol
NOSPARKPLUGZ likes this.

F350 2002 7.3

F350 2008 6.4 (sold)

TT 26' Springdale 2014
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Yepper
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 05:52 PM

You are going to have to spend more than $50 if it is a vendor gift card.

What vendor on here sells anything for $50 or less?

96 F250 PS XLT 4X4 long box, 5sp,4.10, manual hubs,pyro+boost guages, Dark Toumaline, add a leaf, Dale's TYMAR, and HX hose, downpipe, coolant filter, Luk clutch
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 06:10 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugman View Post
You are going to have to spend more than $50 if it is a vendor gift card.

What vendor on here sells anything for $50 or less?
just need to get the point that with a gift card, people will most likely spend more to get something they want and at good price.

and for me $50 US is about $65 CAN right now

F350 2002 7.3

F350 2008 6.4 (sold)

TT 26' Springdale 2014
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 06:34 PM

If you want the Canadian dollar to go back up all I need to do is to schedule another vacation or hunting trip up there. Then it will be 1:1 in no time.
yan7gin likes this.

post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 10:19 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugman View Post
If you want the Canadian dollar to go back up all I need to do is to schedule another vacation or hunting trip up there. Then it will be 1:1 in no time.
Lets go fishing and hunting

Back to the subject.... is there only me and Nick that wants the ROM back...

LETS GO PEOPLE.......

what need to be done to get everything aligned for that to work????
bugman likes this.

F350 2002 7.3

F350 2008 6.4 (sold)

TT 26' Springdale 2014
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 02:19 PM

My Photos: (7)
Hey guys,

Rig of the month sounds pretty cool. Is there an old thread with all the rules that I can forward the request to my manager (on vacation, will be back in two weeks) I need their approval and permission to run this with prizes. As for now, all I can offer is premium memberships for winners.

Getting vendor discounts will be at the discretion of the vendors, we can not ask them to offer anything. If you think that this ROM contest will generate more discussion, I encourage you to ask a vendor of your liking to participate.

Lee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 03:18 PM

Garage
this is what I found about the rule was : Rig of the Month Rules

F350 2002 7.3

F350 2008 6.4 (sold)

TT 26' Springdale 2014
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Yeah, there ya go, TDS buys card from vendor out of a discretionary fund.
Vendors scramble to compete for the winner's business by offering discounted prices to winner to get them to choose them to get the gift card and offer to extend that discount on items added to that order. Now that's how you jazz things up and do more business all around.
yan7gin likes this.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 06:04 PM

My Photos: (7)
I almost submitted my old girl last time around. I just might have to spend some time seriously cleaning her up and submitting.

1994 F-350 7.3 IDI Turbo, crew cab, E4OD,4:10 L/S, LB, Dually

ATS Turbo upgrades: 3" DP with 3" exhaust Magnaflow XL muffler:

2012 Copper Canyon 273 FWRET w/2 slides, Air Lift 5000 bags
Pillar pod: Autometer C2 Series gauges: pyro,trans, boost, water, oil pressure

Hypermax Cowl induction, K&N air filter, flex-a-lite 26K trans cooler with fan,Tekonsha prodigy
Train Horns:

PM please not visitor message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > General Discussion > News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.