Class action lawsuit against ford - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > Off-Topic Discussions

Off-Topic Discussions This is the area for general banter/chat. There are rules for this section, please read the sticky post in the section before participating. Enter at your own risk as some posts in here may be NSFW

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2008, 05:32 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Class action lawsuit against ford

I saw on the news last night that a dennison Tx Ambulance co is Joining a class action lawsuit against ford over the nation wide trouble with the 6.0 L diesel. Have you guys heard about this lawsuit? Maybe ford will straighten up and stop trying to get out of fixing their defective product. Flamesuit on
durantdiesel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2008, 11:45 AM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (4)
Send a message via Yahoo to Texrob1
News: Page, Wolfberg & Worth signs on as co-counsel in national litigation against Ford
Old 03-05-2008, 08:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

why just ambulance company's why not everybody that has had major problems with these trucks?
tomdeorio is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2008, 05:08 AM   #4 (permalink)

Thats kind of what I was thinking, as many people who have had legitimate problems (not caused by mods) all those people should be able to participate in this suit. My estimation is ford rushed this truck into the market before sufficient testing was done or they calculated that a percentage of them would have problems but the ratio was worth the risk and here you go dump it on the unsuspecting public and let them be the guinne pigs. my $.02 But rest assured they new there would be problems.
durantdiesel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2008, 04:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

I would be out. Start doing mods right off the bat.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
OT

My Photos: (8)
DDiesel..I'm not surpirsed at law suit. Sometime ago one or more ambulance driver's reported here about problem's with their 6L's. IIRC..it made the new's, but when/where?

Keyword.."ambulance"..Obviously grabs one's attention rather quickly. Can't see how they can loose their case.JMO! Hopefully when settled, we'll know outcome.

% of bad 6L's we may never know. Report's here are only a small % of all the 6L's made since 03. Althou certainly a good indication, snowflake motor's for sure.

FWIW...mine STOCK..h.g. blew. Fixed 11/06. OEM head bolts used
Old 04-17-2008, 12:03 PM   #7 (permalink)

We have a 2004 F250 that Ford repaired, for free, many times and stopped when we reached 100,000 miles. We still have the same problems, low turbo boost (turbo charger replaced once by Ford), EGR sensor (replaced by Ford 8 times). Now we are trying to trade it in and we have no value. I tried the lemon law and guess what, out of warrenty! If there is a class action suit we would join in a heartbeat.
boatshipper is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2008, 01:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by durantdiesel View Post
My estimation is INTERNATIONAL rushed this ENGINE into the market before sufficient testing was done
There, I fixed that for you.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
Mark Kovalsky is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2008, 02:43 AM   #9 (permalink)

I am not sure what transpired with FORD / International on the 6.0 but from what I gather is that the Ford application runs at a higher power level than the IH applications for that engine. Did this cause excessive problems in the area of headbolts stretching? Probably. Like I said - what went on - did IH know what the power level that the FORD controls would take it to??? Things like turbo vanes sticking, injector problems, and EGR cooler failures are an IH problem. Whos problems were the other things like all the calibration woes (the consumers' I guess!!!).
··· Dark Stone Metallic / Pueblo gold
··· Readylift 3.5" levelling kit
... Toyo MT 315/70/18(bigger than 35-12.50-18)

----- --- BIG$HOW -------<Ơ¿Ơ¬
Bigshow is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2008, 07:58 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshow View Post
did IH know what the power level that the FORD controls would take it to???
Ford told International what power level the engine had to make. International agreed to it and were the ones that made it happen! Ford did the driveability calibration, but International did the emissions and power calibration.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
Old 04-18-2008, 09:46 PM   #11 (permalink)

My Photos: (19)
The 6.0 was a disaster in so many ways.........
KINGTUT is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2008, 03:13 AM   #12 (permalink)

My truck isn't an ambulance, but sign me up! I am so disappointed in my truck and pursuing buyback. Also, if the ambulance is on the Econoline chassis isn't the the power & torque less than the F series?

Last edited by dosdedojack; 04-20-2008 at 03:16 AM. Reason: spelling
dosdedojack is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2008, 04:19 PM   #13 (permalink)

international has had great service out of vt265. My 6.0 has been problem free in 55k miles. one thing that ford should do to help solve the problem.... bend over backwords on warranty. they should warrantee all engine issues to 200k miles. chevy did this on their first dmaxes with bad injectors. if you take care of the customer, you will win in the long run. ford makes so much money on the big trucks, you would think they would back them up on warantee repairs.

1982 jeep scrambler
2001 bmw 525i 90k miles
ncmallard78 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2008, 01:21 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Kovalsky View Post
There, I fixed that for you.
Anal-retentive

Conversationally, the term is often used to describe a person deemed to be overly obsessed with minor details. Its roots are said to be from the theories of Sigmund Freud.
The term is often used in a colloquial, derogatory sense to describe a person with such attention to detail that the obsession becomes an annoyance to others, and can be carried out to the detriment of the anal-retentive person.

Lighten up Mark....we're all not as perfect as you.
2008 F350...Lariet Super Cab , 6.4, 3:73 with all the goodies, 157,000 miles, 35 foot 11K Fiver,

New Radiator, new EGR Cooler...#6 Injector replaced twice... TCM at 105K, Alternator at 115K
TIM K is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2008, 02:20 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIM K View Post
Lighten up Mark....we're all not as perfect as you.
I understand that, but I'm trying to help all of you.

I was trying to point out, with a bit of what I considered humor, that most of these problems were caused from International, not from Ford. I was there and saw what was going on, all of you are assuming that since you don't hear about it that International has had great service from their version of the same screwed up engine.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > Off-Topic Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.