Tranny temp - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Supporting Vendors > ISSPRO

ISSPRO ISSPRO

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 03:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tranny temp

My Isspro tranny temp guage stopped working last week. I will check all connections but I need to know how to check the sending unit with my DMM if anyone can tell me.

Thanks, B
02 F350 4x4 CREW 7.3 150K, BFG Rugged Terrain 285s, AIS, Isspro pyro, boost & tranny temp pillar pod, Dipricol coolant temp, ELC, Isspro EV-2 Fuel Pressure & HPOP, Dieselsite boots, coolant & tranny filters & 203* Stat, 6.0 Tranny Cooler, ITP pre pump tank mod, Bellowed Up Pipes, Riffraff Frx, netbook mount with AE, GPR LED, Stancor, Red Head steering gear, Battery Tender & 2 Marincos.
bigb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 04:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
RT

How cold is it there? Mine never moves off the lower peg on those rare days we get into the 60's here. I did have two episodes where mine "quit working" right - both times it ended up being the crimp connection to the sending unit. Hope that's all yours is.
2003 F-250 XLT Crew Cab 7.3L, Chrome BigTex Grille Guard, Quad pillar - 3 ISSPRO gauges (trans, pyro, boost) and DP-Tuner F6; Roush fuel pressure / temperature / oil pressure gauges, Ford Severe Duty AIS, 31 row 6.0 transmission cooler, ScanGauge II, Marinco mod, Walker BTM
RT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 08:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT View Post
How cold is it there? Mine never moves off the lower peg on those rare days we get into the 60's here. I did have two episodes where mine "quit working" right - both times it ended up being the crimp connection to the sending unit. Hope that's all yours is.
I don't have a crimped connection, it is a plastic connector and I took it apart and cleaned it with contact cleaner even though it looked like new. I know it's not working because it would always get to at least 130 on the highway in cold weather, now nothing.
02 F350 4x4 CREW 7.3 150K, BFG Rugged Terrain 285s, AIS, Isspro pyro, boost & tranny temp pillar pod, Dipricol coolant temp, ELC, Isspro EV-2 Fuel Pressure & HPOP, Dieselsite boots, coolant & tranny filters & 203* Stat, 6.0 Tranny Cooler, ITP pre pump tank mod, Bellowed Up Pipes, Riffraff Frx, netbook mount with AE, GPR LED, Stancor, Red Head steering gear, Battery Tender & 2 Marincos.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

Do you know what series it is? If it isthe older EV series (with amplifier box under the dash and curved glass lens), please see these troubleshooting instructions:
http://www.isspro.com/TROUBLESHOOTIN...leshooting.pdf

If it is the newer EV2 series (orange connector in the back of the gauge), please see these instructions:

Please let me know what you find!

Regards,
Michael Pliska
10 ISSPRO Performax gauges, Tymar Intake, Gutted EBPV, Tymar 3x4" downpipe, Tymar 5" exhaust, Cat's hiding in the shed, Baby Swamps & Tunes, Tricumulator springs and Accumulator Valve, Tru-Cool 4590 Trans Cooler, Lock-Right Locker
2000 Jetta TDI - Kerma reflash, Der Chimera Stage II Clutch
1998 S&S 9.5' slide-in camper
33' enclosed tag trailer with 2 doorslammer drag cars (73 Vega Super-Gas & 74 Vega ET Super-Pro)
1992 GMC Typhoon, 1973 Chevy Blazer with Pontiac 400, 1973 Trans-Am 455
NRA member and certified firearms instructor
GOA member
IDPA member
MJPliska is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 10:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPliska View Post
Do you know what series it is? If it isthe older EV series (with amplifier box under the dash and curved glass lens), please see these troubleshooting instructions:

If it is the newer EV2 series (orange connector in the back of the gauge), please see these instructions:

Please let me know what you find!

Regards,
Michael Pliska
Thanks, I did find that info on another site. So far my gauge resistance ohms out perfectly (Ohmed it from the amplifier side to include the wiring up to the gauge). My sender seems to be very close to the values on the chart at a couple of different temps. I have only had the opportunity to check the amp at two temps and once with the sender unplugged. Those readings were not exactly to spec but they were close. I don't have the paper in front of me with everything I wrote down but this weeken I am going to get it good and hot and take some more messurements.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

Well after removing the wires on the amp for testing them everything tested good. Put it back together and it started working again. I suspect there was a high resistance connection at the screw terminals on the amp. I know from experience at very low voltages it doesn't take much resistance to stop the flow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Supporting Vendors > ISSPRO

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.