04 f650 dual tank switch over problem - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Ford 650/750 Medium Duties

Ford 650/750 Medium Duties Technical discussion of the new Ford Super Duty 650 and 750 series trucks with Power Stroke, Cummins, or Caterpillar engines.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2009, 12:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
04 f650 dual tank switch over problem

I have a 2004 f650 with the vt365, it has dual 49 gal. tanks the pass, tank registers on the fuel gauge and when it gets low the low fuel light wont come on and it wont switch over to the drivers side that is full, it just decides to run out... Is this a common problem and what does it take to fix, thanks..
wilsontowing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2009, 12:07 AM   #2 (permalink)

no experience with f650 but the fuel circuit is simple, there is power being feed to the float in the pass fuel tank, and when the tank runs down the float attached to a switch now sends power to the low fuel light, which in turn sends power to a relay (automatic switch) which will then apply power to the fuel pump on the drivers side and turning off the pass. side. getting to the problem at hand you said you have a problem with the light not coming on so that mean you need to check the wire at the tank for broken or wires that have rubbed through there casing and grounded which would cause the relay not to operate check your wires and as for the gauge showing full or empty that is a different circuit so it should not be affected hope this helps, and don't know the wire colors will see if i can find more info
02 F-350 Reg Cab Auto Trans L2 Blue, Marinco Mod, ZooDad Mod, Bilstien HD Shocks, Ford Alarm Code 3 Remote Start, Energy Suspension Spring Bushings and SwayBar Bushings, 2500 Watt Inverter, Sirius Sat. Radio, (Hardwired), Garmin Nuvi 250 (Hardwired), Blue Sea 6 Circuit Fuse Panel X2, Western 8' Pro Plus Ultra Mount Plow, 08 Taillights, Stancor Mod, Ford AIC, AIH Delete, Stainless HPX, Foil Delete, 05 PTM Tow Mirrors, 05 Upfitter Switch, 05 Center Dash, Federal Signal Smart Siren with Signal Master...
nycpsd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2009, 02:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

I am having the same problem it was the solinoid for the transfer pump/something that activates the transfer/let me know how you make out
True cool tranny cooler 44'000
pweiler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2009, 04:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

wilson did solve the problem? I have an 05 f650 and it's doing the same thing,
precisiontow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2009, 03:33 PM   #5 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You probably have a bad sending unit in the tank that is full. I had both of my sending units go out over the years.

2002 F-450 PSD, Auto WheelLift
Mods: Banks Exhaust, Triple Gauge pod Autometer Ultra-lite (Boost Pryo Trans Temp), FactoryTech Valvebody, Dieselsite Trans Filter Kit

2003 F-550 PSD 7.3, Auto WheelLift
Mods: DiPricol Guages (Boost Pryo Trans Temp, DP Chip (Stock, 40 Tow, 80 Econo), BTS Valvebody, Dieselsite Trans Filter Kit, 6.0 cooler, 4" MagnaFlow XL Exhaust Customized to fit infront of the axle with a 6 inch tip

2004 F-650 Supercab Black Flatbed Cat 7.2 Straight 6 with an Allison Auto
Jacek82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Ford 650/750 Medium Duties

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.