F650 AC Problem - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Ford 650/750 Medium Duties

Ford 650/750 Medium Duties Technical discussion of the new Ford Super Duty 650 and 750 series trucks with Power Stroke, Cummins, or Caterpillar engines.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2010, 01:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
F650 AC Problem

I have a 2004 F650 with a 5.9 cummins, the AC isn't working in fact I have no power at the compressor. We've checked all the fuses and relays we can find, I don't have an owners manual so I'm shooting in the dark, they all check out fine. I changed the control panel, because when it was cold I had trouble getting the temp to adjust, but that made no difference. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
cuzintiny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2010, 02:53 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (7)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Welcome to the Diesel Stop

Have you tried to jumper the pressure switch? If the system is undercharged enough the switch won't allow the compressor to run. I routinely have to disconnect it and use a jumper wire to get the compressor to operate and pull fresh refrigerant after a service. Your charge might have leaked out over time.
1994 F-350 7.3 IDI Turbo, crew cab, E4OD,4:10 L/S, LB, Dually Photos
ATS Turbo upgrades: 3" DP with 3" exhaust Magnaflow XL muffler: Pictures Here
2012 Copper Canyon 273 FWRET w/2 slides, Air Lift 5000 bags
Pillar pod: Autometer C2 Series gauges: pyro,trans, boost, water, oil pressure
Hypermax Cowl induction, K&N air filter, flex-a-lite 26K trans cooler with fan,Tekonsha prodigy
Train Horns: Pictures here

PM please not visitor message
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2010, 03:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yes we tried jumping the pressure switch. Have you ran into a problem where the temp doesn't adjust properly? I just bought this truck a couple of months ago and when it was still cool I couldn't get the temp to go up then after hitting several bumps on our smooth highways it went up but then wouldn't go back down. Now it goes up but I still have trouble getting it to go down.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (7)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
No I haven't ran into that issue yet, but it seems like it would have to be in the controls somewhere. I saw in your original post that you changed the control panel. I would maybe start looking at vacum lines. Also maybe your "blend door" actuator or the door itself.
1994 F-350 7.3 IDI Turbo, crew cab, E4OD,4:10 L/S, LB, Dually Photos
ATS Turbo upgrades: 3" DP with 3" exhaust Magnaflow XL muffler: Pictures Here
2012 Copper Canyon 273 FWRET w/2 slides, Air Lift 5000 bags
Pillar pod: Autometer C2 Series gauges: pyro,trans, boost, water, oil pressure
Hypermax Cowl induction, K&N air filter, flex-a-lite 26K trans cooler with fan,Tekonsha prodigy
Train Horns: Pictures here

PM please not visitor message
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2010, 10:05 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for your help I'll see what I can figure out.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:49 PM   #6 (permalink)

I have seen many wiring problems on these trucks. Particularily at or about the low pressure cycling switch that is located on the suction line just behind the compressor. It is a round, black connector with 4 pins, but only two wires going in to it. Give it a wiggle and push on it with the engine running and the A/C on to see if the compressor clutch engages.
Ford Senior/Master/Diesel Technician in the Greater Toronto Area. Contact me for help getting your vehicle serviced. Do not contact me with anything pertaining to performance modifications. Proud to be a member of Ford Doctors Diesel Technician Society.
alexb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2010, 04:42 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexb View Post
I have seen many wiring problems on these trucks. Particularily at or about the low pressure cycling switch that is located on the suction line just behind the compressor. It is a round, black connector with 4 pins, but only two wires going in to it. Give it a wiggle and push on it with the engine running and the A/C on to see if the compressor clutch engages.
You hit it right on the nose!! Thanx alot, the pigtail had been replaced and it had bad connections. Again thanks for your advice.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:41 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzintiny View Post
You hit it right on the nose!! Thanx alot, the pigtail had been replaced and it had bad connections. Again thanks for your advice.
No problem. Glad I could help.
Ford Senior/Master/Diesel Technician in the Greater Toronto Area. Contact me for help getting your vehicle serviced. Do not contact me with anything pertaining to performance modifications. Proud to be a member of Ford Doctors Diesel Technician Society.
alexb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2013, 07:07 PM   #9 (permalink)

we found the same problem that the pigtail had been replaced, but when we tried to wiggle it nothing happened. we even tried to touch both ends of the connector with a paper clip to jump it, but nothing happened. any suggestions from here?
empire_kou_inoa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Ford 650/750 Medium Duties

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.