F650 front end on a F350? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Ford 650/750 Medium Duties

Ford 650/750 Medium Duties Technical discussion of the new Ford Super Duty 650 and 750 series trucks with Power Stroke, Cummins, or Caterpillar engines.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2003, 09:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
F650 front end on a F350?

I saw a F350 with a F650 front end on it. it was on page 72 of the april issue of off road adventure magazine. How involved would it be to swap the front ends?
IAmmBiggRedd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2003, 05:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Re: F650 front end on a F350?

Nope... It was a F650 with a F350 bed on it. I don't know who did the conversion, but it I see it at Glamis all the time.

I did remember someone I know saying that they know the owner, but I don't remember who. I do remember them saying it wasn't cheap.

89 F350 CC 4x4 Longbed Lariat. 7.3 with ATS Turbo and K&N. --SOLD--

More mods as the money allows.
MonkeyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2003, 08:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (14)

[ QUOTE ]
I do remember them saying it wasn't cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]

$100K is what I read...Ben
2003 Dodge RAM3500 Laramie DRW 4WD, H.O. Cummins & 6 Speed, Every conceivable option, Weatherguard tool box, Westin step bars, Very understanding wife, Couple of .45's in strategic places...Contemplating other mods...

Hey! Wait a minute! Where are you taking me and what am I doing in this handbasket?
Truck_Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2003, 09:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (23)

There has been a couple links put up for this truck. If it's the same one. Black F650? Jimmy something was the name I remember. I think I have the link on my work computer.

Larry
1969 F100 SB.....428 cubic inches of dual quad, 4 speed terror.
1964 Galaxie......390 cubic inches of blown big block...with a 4 speed
1964 Galaxie Country Sedan Wagon.....428 ci and 5 speeds of wheelstanding race car
40ft Haulmark trailer..for the car, quad, AND kitchen sink
FOKISD MEMBER
ATHS MEMBER
....old trucks RULE!
Freightrain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2003, 12:33 AM   #5 (permalink)

I had a 65' F-250 4x4 that the nose rotted off(a common thing up north lots of salt on the roads)well I couldn't find a nose for the life of me. Anyway I was at the junk yard and found a sweet 62' F-600 dump with a rotted frame. I asked the guy what he wanted for the nose and he said $200 I took it. Well to make a long story short it bolted right on no questions asked. Also my 38" tires cleared with no lift. From what I have heard 67'-72',73'-79',and even 80'-96'are the same mounts from the cab forward. I would think that the 99'-present trucks with the superduty cabs the nose will line up. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
bigblue250 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2009, 05:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
F650 Super Crewzer

There are quite a few of these around, Im actually looking for one and Trick My Truck guys (the original crew with Kevin and Rod Pickett) did one as their ultimate tailgating party truck
Just an F650 Crew Cab with a F350 Dually bed on the truck, When you get into most of the larger F series (450-550-650-750-850-950's) the dealers will buy from ford an incomplete truck, just a pre-determined cab and wheel base unit, then finish it to the customers specifications, such as say a F650 that you want a tow truck flat bed on it, so the ford dealer will order a single cab with XXX wheel base and then order the flat bed and hydraulics from Jer-Dan.
What you are seeing is something like this photo where the ford dealer will order a F650 incomplete and just get a same colored Dually F350 bed and just put it on there. BOOM you have the biggest, wildest pickup truck, the body lines of the doors and everything are all the same from the 250 on up so the modified nose of the 650 fenders curve fit the doors and hinges of any of the trucks.
So they are all interchangeable and you build what it is you want based on your needs and desires and your wallet abilities.
Now I dont know why, but to have a F650 with a regular everyday dually bed on it seems to be around the 117-135 thousand dollar range new.
Why I have no friggin clue
I am looking for a F650 myself to pull my race boat around but its more of a "want" than a "need" because my F350 dually pulls the boat just fine.
The 22.5 Alcoa rims and tires (off of a regular tractor trailer) will last with this GVWR and correct alignment 100+ thousand miles, with the step side tanks which are 107 gallons each (one each 107 gallon tank per side) will give you a road range without having to refuel roughly 2800 miles at 14 MPG highway estimated at 200 gallons (so you dont run the thing dry right?)
These little things to me make the truck more user friendly with these perks and plusses added to it, like BONUS that you have to fill up your truck once every 1 1/2 to 2 months rather than every 1 1/2 to 2 weeks with the stock F350 dually 38 gallon tank in the fuel rails.
I also LOVE the height of the thing as it sits compared to having to do a lift kit which we all know typically causes nightmare problems for U joints, Steering components, spring recoils and shocks that are 5 feet long, its fun, its cool looking but for functionality of towing my boat, its weaker than the stock setup from Ford and breaking down on the road with a driveshaft thats now across the street and the Ujoints are shattered in pieces behind you about 120 feet all over the road in metal chunks and your tie rods are klunking around because the steering geometry is now all dookied up with a steering arm and pitman arm thats got a 10 inch drop in it and the rest of the suspension has relocation brackets and is no where near as strong because its all dropped lower to bump up the height.
I dont want to have people starting to blast me about Rancho vs Skyjacker vs blah blah makes the best lift kit and that wont ever happen yadda yadda, thats fine and I really dont believe you because the simple physics of the equasion is easy, Take a 2 by 4 piece of wood, thats 2 feet long, hold it in the middle, shake it up and down, its pretty sturdy, now take that same 2 by 4 piece of wood and cut it at 16 feet, hold it in the middle and shake it, the ends are going to wiggle around like a pair of wings on a bird.

SAME theory, you take the stock pitman arm, its got a 1 1/2 inch drop and is overall length 9 inches, the new drop piece has a 10 inch drop to it and is now overall 19-20 inches long, the thing just will provide alot more play in the steering, and run the risk of breaking because its just physics.

Anyway back to the truck, the bonuses you get from having a truck thats very comfortable to drive, like a cadillac and its really way MORE than I personally would ever need and would never come near or exceed the towing capacity and abilities of the truck make it so I would never have to upgrade to a larger beefier model so for me if I can get one that the price is really right and inexpensive for my budget then Ill consider buying it but I need to find a ford dealer that will either build me one or allow me to take my dually bed from my current F350 and use it on the new one, buy a crew cab F650 bare bones unfinished incomplete truck and im ready to dance on the open road.
Then you can hit up the companies that do customizations and conversions like
F650 Super Truck
or
Ford f650, F650, Ford F650 Hauler, Aquasunmotorsports.com

Places like this do the conversions, so they go to FORD dealer, get a 650 and customize it and sell it like a dealer would to the public rather than custom from the ford dealer

I hope that sheds some light on what it is you are thinking about and some more specifics on the whole category, so it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck but its definitely not a duck but one mother humper of a pickup and for me, I can get away with it in my snotty stuck up *****y home owners association that will under no circumstances let you own a commercial vehicle and keep it at your house in your driveway. This model and setup eliminates that problem and issue completely because I dont get any BS about my F350 dually and this is the SAME truck on the outside, same wheel base, same body panels, same everything except it sits taller so if I get any BS, hey I lived here for 6 years without any BS and I got a new truck, same thing but I "lifted" it LOL they wont know the difference and yeah you snotty stuck up snobby ****essa B!TCH that thing cost TRIPLE what your BMW 325i was so lick it and stick it!
(shows you what I think of these Home Ownerrs Associations)
Attached Thumbnails
F650 front end on a F350?-himarc_f650_dominator_03.jpg   F650 front end on a F350?-himarc_f650_specs.jpg   F650 front end on a F350?-004.jpg  
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Ford 650/750 Medium Duties

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.