Best 20-Inch Replacement Tire - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension

Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension Discuss your wheels, tires, brakes & suspension topics here.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2012, 10:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (9)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Best 20-Inch Replacement Tire

So, the new Harley could use some better boots. The existing are wrangler AT/S skins, and they were probably rarely rotated. Now ta
hat I have rotated them, they are noisy and have poor traction. I'd rather think about trading them out.

So, I have been thinking about BFG T/A KO's, or Cooper AT3's. I really like them both, a
but am looking for input. Also, I am a raised white letter guy, but are blackwalls mandatory on a 2010 Harley?
Smokewagun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

Well, I guess that answers that. Everyone trades for a new truck before they need tires, apparently.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:31 AM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
When my OEM GY ATS wranglers wear out I'm considering the BFG T/A KO's in a 325/60-20 with the white letters on the stock wheels. I only put about 5k per year on this truck so the tread appears only about 2/3 worn.
I like the pics of Jassman's Silver 2011 SD in this thread.
Will they fit??
06 F350 Amarillo, 4x4, 6.0L, CC/SB, SRW, factory 20's, Line-X, ATC Platinum tonneau, MBRP downpipe to custom dual straight pipes, ISSPRO EV2 gauges, scangauge II, coolant filter, Fleetrite ELC, upgraded STC fitting & turbo oil supply & drain, EGR cooler delete, Innovative Diesel SCT X3 tow & economy tunes, custom 3M ScotchCal paint protection film.
Amarillo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2012, 09:51 AM   #4 (permalink)

I put Toyo Open Country MTs in a 33x12.50x20 on my Amarillo and love the look. They are loud on the road but they look great. I get many compliments on the looks and it still rides and tows like a dream. I've always been a toyo guy and have always had good luck with them. Ive got about 30k on them now and still are about 3/4 tread left so I expect to get some good life out of them.
robertvinnie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2012, 01:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks guys. What are your thoughts on RWL's on a black Harley.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:35 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokewagun View Post
Thanks guys. What are your thoughts on RWL's on a black Harley.
I like RWL's, but then I like polished wheels. I think the best is what you like and how they look on your truck. If you got the BFG's KO's and didn't like the RWL's you could always have them remounted with black to the outside.
06 F350 Amarillo, 4x4, 6.0L, CC/SB, SRW, factory 20's, Line-X, ATC Platinum tonneau, MBRP downpipe to custom dual straight pipes, ISSPRO EV2 gauges, scangauge II, coolant filter, Fleetrite ELC, upgraded STC fitting & turbo oil supply & drain, EGR cooler delete, Innovative Diesel SCT X3 tow & economy tunes, custom 3M ScotchCal paint protection film.
Amarillo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.