Front HD Leaf springs 2000 F-350 4x4 (X-code ?) - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension Discuss your wheels, tires, brakes & suspension topics here.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Front HD Leaf springs 2000 F-350 4x4 (X-code ?)

Yes, I have read all the 'X-code' threads I could find on the site, and the last one was from 2014....
my 2000 F-350 CC dually 4x4 has been heavily used for the last nearly 350k miles. The super heavy replacement bumper and bad roads have taken their toll. It's time for an upgrade to the suspension.
Of course I don't really want to pay dealer price for the 'X-code' springs but my truck could seriously use heavier than stock springs. The ones from SD Truck Springs aren't true x codes and are really only slightly heavier rated than the stocks. My search also turned up a 3-leaf spring from General Spring that is rated higher than the Ford x-code... Any one have any experience with these? Or any other suppliers that might be better for me to consider?
Heavy front bumper, heavy flatbed with heavy tool boxes and hooked to a heavy trailer towing down bad roads... and I don't plan to replace the old girl any time soon so I'm willing to put into her what she needs, but I want the best bang for my buck.
Thanks in advance.

Gator
>|--|~

2001 F-450 4x4 XL CrewCab Flatbed (Loved this truck, sold it to a friend and he says he will never sell it!)
2000 F-350 4x4 Lariat LE CrewCab Flatbed - 325k miles all stock, needs some maintenance but still going strong! (My daily driver)
1999.5 F-350 XLT CCSB - 335k all stock (now a parts truck)
2002 F250 CCSB 4x4 previous owner threw a lot of aftermarket money at it with little gain, added a TS6 w/Gearhead tunes. (Brother's daily driver)
2001 F350 CCLB - 180k all stock (Sister in laws daily driver)
2005 Ford Expedition (Wife's daily driver)
Wife is patiently waiting for the right Diesel 4x4 Ecursion to show up....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And many other non-Ford vehicles...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

Happy Father's day to all as well as a shameless bump to this thread as I am about ot spend a fair amount of money and want to make sure that I am making the most informed decision that I can!
Thanks.

Gator
>|--|~

2001 F-450 4x4 XL CrewCab Flatbed (Loved this truck, sold it to a friend and he says he will never sell it!)
2000 F-350 4x4 Lariat LE CrewCab Flatbed - 325k miles all stock, needs some maintenance but still going strong! (My daily driver)
2002 F250 CCSB 4x4 previous owner threw a lot of aftermarket money at it with little gain, added a TS6 w/Gearhead tunes. (Brother's daily driver)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

After talking with JR at Leaf Springs and Suspension Parts by Auto and Truck Springs this morning I ordered their heavy duty (3-leaf) complete kit with all hardware and a set of shocks. Great guy that really seems to know his stuff and doesn't mind answering questions and helping you get exactly what you are looking for! And the springs are completely made in North America (Canada), not China!
Since I'm apparently talking to myself I will try to remember to update this thread upon and after install to hopefully help out someone else in the future.

Gator
>|--|~

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.