The Diesel Stop banner

LIFT KIT CRISIS 4inch or 6inch what company? BUDGET HELP!

6K views 38 replies 6 participants last post by  NinjaRacer 
#1 ·
Hey I decided to lift my 7.3, I am still debating if 4in is going to be "worth it" or actually "look lifted". I want it to be significantly higher than stock, but dont want to lose practicality, like use of bed, extending brake lines, handling, to an extent fuel mpg lol. But if I go with a 6in or 4in I will be fitting 20in rims on 35"s. I just want a good all around "lifted" functional truck. Now if you guys could post pics of your 6in or 4in to help me choose that would be great. I am leaning toward 4in kit now, but that may change of a 6in is still practical, and does not need much modding. If I do end up choosing a 4in kit, should I go with Zone Offroad, Tuff Country, Superlift, Rough Country, and I did find a good deal on a ProComp. Which one is best overall? Im on a budget. Again let me know what your thoughts are, the trucks the 7.3 at end of my sig. THANKS ALOT!

#2 ·
anybody

#3 ·
4 inch and 35's looks good. 6 inch fits 37's.

I would go leveled or 4 inch if mpg is a concern.

I get decent mileage with a level kit and 285/75/16's

Reactions: NOSPARKPLUGZ
#4 ·
Not a huge concern but I don't want like half my mpg loss. I think I may do the 4in would you say a 4 is noticeable and looks high?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#5 ·
It's the tires that make the difference. My truck is pretty tall with a 2.5-3 inch level and add a leaf in the rear

I have 33's now And will consider 35's next time i need tires

#9 ·
That's what I thought the 4in with 35 should be the best of both worlds for me I think I'm going with that

#6 ·
Look at my pic in my garage, i have 4" with 37" (modifications required) and average 13 mpg (check my sign for info) next would be to go down to 35x12.5 see if i pick some mpg. The thing is loaded or not i get the same mpg

#7 ·
The only reason I'm considering not getting 35's is mpg loss.

I just towed my quads at 60-70 mph and got almost 17 mpg on the 500 mile trip.

#8 ·
I agree, I'm looking at the toyo R/T 35x12.5 instead of toyo M/T 37x13.5 and hope to pick some mpg. But i was running them at 40psi and put them at 55psi today, will see if it help

#10 ·
Now the question is which one rough country with n2 shocks, zone off-road standard shocks, tuff country upgraded nitro or regular shocks, or superlift with upgrades shocks or finally pro comp regular shocks. I'm getting a pro comp set up for 950$ either way I'll do a dual steering stabilizer setup lmk thanks

#11 ·
Do no go with zone off road. All the lift from them i saw where sagging after a year or 2. I had their shocks on my truck and they lasted 6 mounts.

The procomp is the best way IMO, their shocks are ok but best would be to upgrade to the bilstein 5100. I heard good comment on the rought country one but never had one.

#12 ·
Do no go with zone off road. All the lift from them i saw where sagging after a year or 2. I had their shocks on my truck and they lasted 6 mounts.

The procomp is the best way IMO, their shocks are ok but best would be to upgrade to the bilstein 5100. I heard good comment on the rought country one but never had one.

yea later on I will get the 5100's for now its either pro comp with stock shocks, or rough country with the n2 upgraded ones. I did think that zone would be good as it is a bds company i planned on using the nitro shocks from them but never mind dont want sagging. So down to 2 choices now.

#13 ·
Can people please post lift pics with 7.3 supercabs on 4in with 35's please. Do you think the truck looks "high" like i dont want to spend lift $$ when it looks like a level. If not I would just do 6 with 35's

#14 ·
I'll try to take pic later with me beside the truck. I'm 6' tall so it will give you a better idea.

I had the procomp shocks for awhile and they are not bad. Never try the n2 from rough country.

I think if you go either procomp or rough country, you wont be disappointed.

For what i heard BDS are pretty good so if zone are BDS i'm not impress. Like i said, all zone suspension lift i saw where sagging after a year or 2, truck or jeep

#15 ·
yea that pic would be great so i can get a good idea. Im only 5'6 so yea lol. I think the rc n2 shocks should be better than stock procomps, so may go with rc but still looking it over. Thanks for all the help!

#16 ·
#17 ·
I looked at all 3 link you post and i would almost be tempted in the TC one. It has the EZ ride front spring and a full block for the back. The other 2 stack block on the back.

#18 ·
see thats what i thought somebody knows more about the lifts, so i will go with the TC!

#19 ·
I have no idea of the quality though, i never had one or know someone who had one.

And it 10% off?

Let me know how those ezride spring are. I'm thinking to order a set for me

#20 ·
Will do should I go with the ez rides or the upgraded nitro shocks for 145 Extra?

#21 ·
For what i can see is the kit come with the EZ ride spring no matter what. You just have to choose what shocks you want with it. $145 for 4 shocks is really not expensive if you are on budget, if you don't mind spending a bit more i would buy the kit without shocks and get 4 bilstein like suggested earlier.

#22 ·
Ok I'll do that thanks if you could post that pic it could be great or next to car or something

#23 · (Edited)
#24 ·
#27 ·
Look more at ground clearance under the cab. I can do my maintenance sitting under the truck rather than laying down lol

#28 ·
K, the wife wont be back on time for the picture. So i took another one in front of my little shed. The door is a bit over 6' tall and i put outside plastic chair (my son ad some fun with my spray paint. Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Car

#29 · (Edited)
#30 ·
#32 ·
#31 ·
#33 ·
A few other things to consider are;

Wheel width and offset.
Mud flaps or not.
Fender flares or not.
And tire manufacturers have different OD

I am in the middle of doing a lift on my 02 F350 CCLB.

I went with a 6" ICON lift system for the front.
OUO traction bar lift for the rear.
Rancho 9000 XL shocks
20 x 10 Centerline Bigfoot forged wheels.
BF KO2 325 60 20.
Bushwacker Fender flares.
BulletProof Diesel SS mudflaps.

I did a lot of reach and this seemed the way to go for me.

Budget was not an issue, but I understand.

And rebuilt all the front end parts.......... ALL OF THEM!

I'll post pictures when it's all done. It's a side project sitting in the garage between work........

#34 ·
Sounds like a really nice setup

#35 ·
I had 6" FAB on my last Nissan Titan, ProComp on the one before that. Personally, I prefer the FAB lift, and am putting it on my F250, with 37's. I am still trying to figure out the shocks though because the FAB shocks s u c k. Waiting on a call-back about FOX 2.0's..... If not, then I'm going with bilstean's.

#36 ·
I've got an 2004 F350 CC PSD...tires are about worn out (they went pretty quick with the SCT and Xtreme X tune!).

Just bulletproofed it last year as well and have decided to keep it (vs a new car payment) and give it a little love. Needless to say, I like this thread. Great info. :)

#37 ·
Glad you found it useful :grin2:

#38 ·
Hey Nosparkplugz,

did you end up installed that TC lift kit? wondering how's the ride quality ....

#39 · (Edited)
Getting mine lifted on Monday. Same as the OP, struggled with the 6" and 37s, or 4" and 35s. Thought about 6" and 35s as well.

In the end, I do like the convenience of using my bed, so I'm going with the following (for now :) ):

4" Pro Comp with Bilstein 5100s
Pro Comp dual steering stabilizer (with ProComp ProRunners)
18x9 Fuel Coupler wheels
35x12.50 Toyo Open Country RTs.

Dropping if off Monday, and picking it up on Wednesday. We'll see how long it takes before I go to 6.5" and 37s. :)

Pics forthcoming.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.