The Diesel Stop banner

Repeated Caliper Freezing

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Steve83 
#1 ·
The last four summers my rear passenger caliper has locked up. Each time it resulted in replacing it. It seems too coincidental. Anyone have an idea?

#2 ·
Brake line failure

The fords are known for less than nice brake lines they break internally and form a check valve, easiest way to check is to smash the brakes with the engine on and turn the engine off and get a pair of channelocks and gently squeeze the brakeline working your way down until you see the calipers release their tension(you'll notice). Or you could buy the three rear lines and change them out. I changed the front as well and had to change all four calipers, front right locked up and both rears... GRRRRR

good luck:nerd:

#3 ·
I've heard the same...replace the rubber brake hoses.

#4 ·
If my memory serves me, isn't there a rubber hose that goes to the caliper but the main lines are steel?

#5 ·
Buy better parts.
Buy parts somewhere else.
Find someone else to do the repairs.
Use a better technique (clean everything, & use the correct grease).

#9 ·
Buy better parts.
Buy parts somewhere else.
Find someone else to do the repairs.
Use a better technique (clean everything, & use the correct grease).

Funny. Not at all helpful, but funny.

#7 ·
Have you ever flushed the fluid?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Yes. After doing research, it appears rusting of the lines is a common theme and would make perfect sense why it is happening on just one caliper. Is the best route to buy pre-bent stainless lines?

#10 ·
They don't have to be stainless.
Get good at doing double flares and make your own lines.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.