The Diesel Stop banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Another what's my truck worth question

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  klhansen 
#1 ·
I'm sure you're all tired of hearing these types of questions, but you all may know better than I do.

It's time for me to part ways with my beloved Excursion. It mostly sits now with not much usage. So let me tell you a little about it.

It's a 2001 Limited, 2wd, White with gold trim of course. It is a one owner (me), and has been well maintained its entire life. Still in perfect mechanical condition, and Perfect physical condition. Never damaged.
Absolutely no rust of any kind anywhere. It was Ziebarted early in life.
All the paint is like new as is the interior.

Just turned 186,000 on the odometer.

Michelin tires still like new. Stock size, and original wheels.

Truck has a TTS chip since new(75hp)

Features I have added many years ago are Daytime running lights, and RideRight air springs in the rear, also added a body colored 2003 grill. Still have the original chrome grill.

I just don't know what it might be worth on the market these days. I live in East TN. NADA seems to think it's only worth about 11,600 in "clean" condition whatever that means. I consider this truck to be way better than "clean".

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
The problem is that all the used vehicle books out there will just give you a general value of your truck. My idea of a good shape truck might only be a fair shape in a book. Also the value is only what you can get someone to pay for it. If you drove it out of your driveway and totaled it odds are all your insurance company would give you is low blue book value unless you have it insured for more. If you go to sell it the farmer down the street might give you a lot less than the kid across town. You just never know. Also most add on unless factory do not add anything to a vehicles value.

So unless you are willing to pay for a independent vehicle appraiser to look it over and give you a fair value you will never know just what it is worth.

#3 ·
Take it to a car lot that you trust (kind of like a unicorn?) and ask them what they'd give you for it. Then add the percentage between NADA retail and trade-in. That would give you a starting point at least. 7.3L's are in demand, so you might go a bit higher than what the above results in to give yourself some negotiating room. That always makes a buyer feel like they're getting a good deal if you come down a bit from your initial price.

#4 ·
If it is as clean as you say it is you would get about $13,000 around here. If it was a 4x4 you would get $16,000 to $18,000. They are in demand around here. I have been looking for a one owner X for over a year.

#5 ·
That's kinda what I thought would be a good target. (13-13.5k) probably will ask 14-15k but take as low as 13k. And yes, it's everything I stated. As close to showroom condition as you'll ever see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
OK this has morphed into a for sale post.

Time to take it to the classified section.
This thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.