Broken headlight switch - Page 2 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Stroke Excursions

Power Stroke Excursions Technical discussion of the Ford Excursion SUV with the Power Stroke diesel.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2011, 07:50 AM   #16 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
OK... I have the 04 F-250 Superduty... same knob?
TJPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2011, 09:07 PM   #17 (permalink)

I did the same as clam, probably 2 years ago, and no problems since.

My PSD X

2000 Excursion 7.3L PSD 4X4
DP-Tuner F5 : no start, stock, 40T, Decel, 80T, 80E - AutoMeter A pillar w/ 3 Phantom gauges - DIY Tymar intake w/ S&B conical filter - Zoodad mod - Suncoast Extreme Duty Trans rebuild w/ TransGo Shift kit, Amsoil synthetic ATF & Magnefine inline filer - BD Triple Disc Billet Torque Converter - 4" Stainless Steel Turbo Back (4" down pipe) Magnaflow exhaust - ATS Turbo housing and 4" intake sleeve - Turbo Master Wastegate Controller - HX Oil Crossover - Morse Ceramic brake pads - Monroe Reflex Shocks - Energy Suspension Bushings - IC foil wrap delete - Fumoto Oil Valve - 08' Aluminum Rear Differential Cover - White Night reverse light system - Garmin StreetPilot c340 GPS - 6.o tranny cooler - Dieselsite Coolant Filter w/ CAT ELC coolant - Amsoil Single Bypass Oil Filter w/ Rotella 5W40 synthetic oil - APC white gauge cluster face - Dual in-dash DVD w/ Infinity Reference speakers & Blaupunkt 200A powered sub - 4.5" LED marker/turn lights in front bumper - ViAir HD onboard air system w/ 380C compressor, 2.5 gal tank & Grover stutter tone air horn - FireStone RideRite suspension air bags -

TOWING:
2004 Dutchmen 31BH travel trailer
detroitfd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2011, 02:40 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMartin View Post
Just talked to the dealer. There are two knobs that will fit. The original replacement is p/n 1L2Z11661AA - $14.85. There is another one that fits but is configured just slightly different ("knob handle does not slope down like the original replacement"), p/n 1F1Z11666AA for $4.22. Hope this helps.
I just replaced my switch knob, and yes, the parts guy told me I had to buy the whole new switch..... I gave him the numbers from your post and of course he said,"Huh... well I guess you can get just the knob". Well, both of those numbers had been superseded by a singular number (which I don't have handy, but will dig up if someone needs me to post it) and that is the non - sloped knob, and apparently the sloped one is no longer available. The singular replacement is, you guessed it, $14.85... I guess they saw folks were buying the cheaper of the two, and adjusted according to their needs.
TJPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Stroke Excursions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.