Which Excursion doors have switches to light the door ajar lamp/ dome lights? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Stroke Excursions

Power Stroke Excursions Technical discussion of the Ford Excursion SUV with the Power Stroke diesel.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2006, 09:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Which Excursion doors have switches to light the door ajar lamp/ dome lights?

I have the door ajar issue. My question is this. Does the rear passenger doors turn the dome lights/ door ajar lamp on when opened? Also, does the rear hatch glass or barn doors have switches? On the rear hatch/ barn doors specifically can anyone tell me where the switches are at if there is any?
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2006, 09:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

Re: Which Excursion doors have switches to light the door ajar lamp/ dome lights?

Hey Hope this Helps I have a F-350 cc and had the same Problem On the F-350 all doors have the switches, To save Your self some Time start with the Drivers door since it is the one that gets the most abuse,Pull the door panel off and peel back the moisture barrier,from the door latch to the handle (about 1/2 way)the switches are at the latch mechanisim,there are 2 wiring connectors at the latch and are a PITA to get to but if I remember it is the Connector closest to the outer door skin,disconnect it first and see if that is the door causing the problem,if not go to the pass, side and try it,but reconnect each one before You go to the next until You catch the Trouble maker.
As far as the tail doors on the excursion I don't Know But I think they Have them to,
I hope this helps

Shawn_O
skykam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2006, 07:10 AM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (17)
Re: Which Excursion doors have switches to light the door ajar lamp/ dome lights?

All of the doors will trigger the door ajar light.

2002 Black Excursion XLT 6.8L V10 ( Pics) - Timbrens, 2WD Lift Gate Struts, PIE adapter, Cell Phone Harness.
2002 Ford Explorer - Wifey's ride.
1999 Sunline T24 Saturn 25' TT (Pics) - Every option avail at the time.
obonaventure is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2006, 07:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

You have six door-switches in five doors that activate four circuits. Confused? Here's the skinny ... The LF and RF doors are each on individual circuits, the pair of LR and RR doors are on a single circuit, and the pair of switches inside the lift-gate are on a single circuit.

That info is in accordance with my 2001 factory wiring diagrams. Might be different on later models, but I doubt it.
Hoowasat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2006, 08:00 AM   #5 (permalink)

I tried the Odometer trick and it shows each front door open/ shut but not the rear seat doors nor the rear hatch door. Also, the front doors will trigger the dome lights and running board lights but not the rear doors nor the rear hatch. It seems my rear doors and/ or hatch are open maybe. Also, if I just unplug the door switches inside the door does that leave them in a state of registering open or shut?
Old 05-12-2006, 10:05 PM   #6 (permalink)

i just had this problem with my 02x, i replaced the two switches in the rear hatch and problem solved, they are about 26.00 each at ford, u need to remove the trim pieces around the glass on the inside of the hatch, then unscrew each latch and pull it down and change out the switch, the switch comes out by rotating it 45 degrees. the bolts that hold the latch are on the outside of the hatch near the rubber seal that goes around the hatch, you will see what i mean once you get to doing it, hope this helps, scott. here is the part # for the switch, same on both sides 2C7Z-14018-AA
97 f350 cc 4x4, srw ,tde1, 4.10 gears,head studs w/ factory gaskets' bts tranny mobil 1 synthetic diesel site full pull injectors h2 turbo, 02 hpop ,twin tymar intake ,beddins custom fuel system ,custom ladder bars,turbo life saver,dead kitty, ,dp tuner 4 position chip,hypermax innercooler,oil filler extension,,maghytec pan,4inch exaust w/ 4" stacks, aux tranny filter,dual aux tranny coolers, autometer a-pillar 3gauge,295 nitto at's,4inch lift,ranchhand bumpers front&rear

If you are reading this, THANK a teacher. If you are reading this in ENGLISH, THANK a soldier!!!
scottginfla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2006, 10:14 PM   #7 (permalink)

do the trim pieces just snap off or any near hidden screws that hold them on?
Old 05-13-2006, 09:43 AM   #8 (permalink)

[ QUOTE ]
do the trim pieces just snap off or any near hidden screws that hold them on?

[/ QUOTE ]

Other than the 2 screws on the pull-handle, all of the liftgate interior trim just snaps in place. Be careful not to pull them off too quickly ... those little metal clips can fling off & fly half a mile. I know ... spent an hour trying to find one of mine.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:17 PM   #9 (permalink)

door ajar jitsu

hello i thought i would post a success with the door ajar thing . after wizzing through posts on the topic i came to the conclusion it was either the driver door or the rear hatch sensor. was the rear door sensor , anyhow cleaning it is the first step i used some stuff for cleaning pneumatic nailers cost bout 6 bucks at home depo wont harm electronics. hose down the switch with the cleaner let it air dry for a few minutes. then use a spray lube dont use wd40 its a solvent cleaner it will evaporate and collect gunk (end up back where you started) . I used some heavy duty silicon spray got from wally world 4 bucks sprayed it fairly well and shut the hatch going on 2 months no further issues . hope that is of some use
thorscrowbar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2008, 09:30 PM   #10 (permalink)

My Photos: (7)
Hmmm...that explains why I had problems again after hosing things down with WD-40.
Allison 1000 5 speed auto
clamgulch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2008, 08:10 PM   #11 (permalink)

Bear in mind that Ford did change those switches later in the model run. You don't hear much about 'em on the newer trucks, do ya'? I replaced all 6 door-ajar in my '01 a few years ago, but have not had a single issue with 'em on my '05. Of course, now that I've said that, I am probably due for the door-ajar gremlin to rear his head in my '05.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Stroke Excursions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.