Excursion Vibration Problem! - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Stroke Excursions

Power Stroke Excursions Technical discussion of the Ford Excursion SUV with the Power Stroke diesel.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2001, 08:43 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Excursion Vibration Problem!

Has anyone fix there Highway Vibration problem I have been hearing about?
Double Tap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2001, 10:06 AM   #2 (permalink)

Re: Excursion Vibration Problem!

No vibration problems here.
Old 11-01-2001, 11:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

some of the problem you might be hearing about have to do with two things angles (lifted rigs) and also flange runnout problems ford has always had - there are ways to fix these problems - a c/v shaft and also sometimes clocking the driveline around on the flanges can help -
Old 11-03-2001, 01:16 AM   #4 (permalink)

I just had mine serviced and complained about a vibration around 60 mph. It feels like a U-Joint is about to give. The mechanic said he drove my rig and felt a slight vibration. They checked all of the Ford recommended fixes but everything looked OK. The service manager recommeded that I get rid of the Fireblowns to see if the problem goes away. I'm looking hard at the Yokohama 285's. I've heard good things about the tires. Also, my vibration is more pronounced when I'm towing my boat - 600 lbs. of tongue weight. The vibration is pretty bad at 45 mph but goes away after the X is warmed up. Good luck... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2001, 10:49 PM   #5 (permalink)

a problem that changes hot and cold is most likely not driveline related- but the issue on acceleration makes me wonder if your rear diff angle might be a bit low- (don't think the ford dealer will fix or check all issue's there driving blid on most issue's ) Good luck -Jess
Old 11-10-2001, 01:17 PM   #6 (permalink)

Drivelineman, I agee with you on the hot/cold issue. New tires will probably solve that problem. However, I'm somewhat at a loss as to what to do about the driveline vibration. I've owned cars before that had the same symptom so I'm sure the driveline or u-joints are the problem. My X is stock except for new Bilstien shocks. If I hadn't paid so much for the X I could swallow taking it to a driveline shop and having it analyzed. The cheaper route is to get Ford to replace the driveline. I'll let you know when I find that snowball in Hell.

Thanks
Old 11-12-2001, 12:57 PM   #7 (permalink)

I have a 77 Trans Am, slight vibration since new. Replaced the Goodyears (told it was radial run out), had the drive shaft balance twice. Took to buddies in auto busness they couln't find anything, I owned and worked Arnies tune up for 23 years and finaly just lived with it. Had lots of cars so never used it much so no big deal. It still has only has 69k miles. I pulled the trany to rebuild, replaced the TQ converter at the same time. It had a out of balance TQ converter all those years. never crossed my mine to look there. DA... cliffsurfs
cliffsurfs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2001, 03:31 PM   #8 (permalink)

Mine has a slight vibration from about 55-60, above that it's fine.
2001 Black Excursion, 4x4, XLT, PSD, LS, (EBM2), Super-Duty grill, 4" MBRP exhaust, Bilsteins, X-springs, OilGuard bypass filter, 295's, Badges, Suvlights harness, APC headlights, Weatherboots, Centramatics, Clear corners, AIC w/ITP mount, ISSPRO EVs, BTS trans, Open element intake, ATS compressor housing, Thule rack, BD Torqloc, F350 rear blocks, Randy Ellis lightbar with a couple of Lightforce 170s, Front receiver hitch, DP Tuner chip
1975 Ford Bronco, neglected since I bought the Excursion
AJ'sDad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Stroke Excursions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.