The Diesel Stop banner

Help buzzer won't go off

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Steve83 
#1 ·
I have a 02 excursion, today when i turned the key to the start position, i hear the key in the ignition chime as normal when the door is open. i close the door and it goes off as usual and i hear a steady buzzer that normally goes off when engine starts, only this time it comes back on shortly after engine starts and stays on. truck running as usual, no issues, no check engine light, just that annoying noise. shut engine down and it goes off. restart same issue. any thoughts on shutting it off? After further troubleshooting, i pull the 30A fuse located in fuse box on drivers side, position 116, labeled ignition, noise stops but Ex wont start, turns over but wont start. put fuse back in ex starts but annoying buzzer still there. any ideas? thanks Bob

#2 ·
Have you read the owner's manual to find out all the things that chime indicates? If you don't have one, you can probably download it free from Ford. Click this & read the captions:

This link has most of the wiring diagrams:
Search Wiring Diagrams

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.