How much lift on my X to fit 37x12.5x17 tires? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Stroke Excursions

Power Stroke Excursions Technical discussion of the Ford Excursion SUV with the Power Stroke diesel.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2010, 06:34 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How much lift on my X to fit 37x12.5x17 tires?

Just need some help here. Want to lift my excursion and keep getting alot of different answers. How much lift do I need to fit 37's? Some manufacturers say 8" and others say it will work with 6". Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tom
mx731 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2010, 11:49 AM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (3)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Min a 7" lift..your going to need a new rear driveshaft ..

We developed the Reverse Shackle SD spring swaps for D60 '85-04 and D60 '05 up axle swap with suspension for the OBS.
We developed the B mod, Bilstein special valving, suspension and handling cures for the Excursions.

We know what it takes to make a OBS or SD ride fantastic!

We only carry the BEST parts and never compromise just to get a sale.

Dealer for: Custom kit H2e and H2e modded turbos, Full Force Diesel Injectors! Icon, Pure Performance, Bilstein, RS-SD and 99 up suspension swaps kits for OBS and SD trucks, BTS Trans, Tunes by Tony Wildman , Tymar products, Hella lighting, True Projection Hid's, Isspro guage kits, If I can help you with your truck please PM or Email me.

Cary
email: ctperformanceinc@yahoo.com
Website: http://www.ctperformanceinc.com introduction only, we want personal contact to insure you get what you need.
caryt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2010, 02:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (54)
Send a message via AIM to dvldog458
I would do the 8" lift.
I have 37x13.50 tires w/ 20x10 wheels and -43 offset....and and times my tire hits the inner front fenderwell.
I'm looking into adding 2 more inches to the existing lift.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

Superlift tech are telling me no rubbing on a 37" x12.5 tire if I run their 7" suspension kit Going to play it safe and run a BFG KM2 345/75/16 (36.4")with a 4.5 backspacing on a 9" wheel. Superlift also says no driveshaft mods? Anyone else running this lift and having driveshaft issues?

Thanks for all of the info.

Tom
Old 10-18-2010, 05:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

My Photos: (3)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Good luck I wouldn't try it..most lift companys don't understand the Ex and just sell you a truck lift..not going to cut it.

We developed the Reverse Shackle SD spring swaps for D60 '85-04 and D60 '05 up axle swap with suspension for the OBS.
We developed the B mod, Bilstein special valving, suspension and handling cures for the Excursions.

We know what it takes to make a OBS or SD ride fantastic!

We only carry the BEST parts and never compromise just to get a sale.

Dealer for: Custom kit H2e and H2e modded turbos, Full Force Diesel Injectors! Icon, Pure Performance, Bilstein, RS-SD and 99 up suspension swaps kits for OBS and SD trucks, BTS Trans, Tunes by Tony Wildman , Tymar products, Hella lighting, True Projection Hid's, Isspro guage kits, If I can help you with your truck please PM or Email me.

Cary
email: ctperformanceinc@yahoo.com
Website: http://www.ctperformanceinc.com introduction only, we want personal contact to insure you get what you need.
caryt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2010, 05:34 PM   #6 (permalink)

My Photos: (54)
Send a message via AIM to dvldog458
If I could do it again I would have done the 10" lift BDS sells w/ the same tires and wheels.
Keep us posted and take some pics.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:00 PM   #7 (permalink)

I don't think you could lift it that high and not modify the rear drive shaft. At 6 1/2 inches I occasionally get rear driveline vibrations.
2002 Excursion Limited 7.3L PSD, Auto, 4x4, 35x12.50-17 Mickey Thompson ATZ, Blue Gold, AFE Stage II with ProGuard7, MBRP 4" stainless, DP tuner (hi idle, stock, 40, 60, 80, 120), Adrenaline HPOP, Coolant Filter, Amsoil bypass filter, Ford rear sway bar, 6 1/2" spring arch.

2000 BMW 540i, 6 speed, sport package, daily driver.
jnyost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2010, 12:42 AM   #8 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
I have the 7" super lift on my 01 excursion(havnt changed my signature yet) with 37 12.5 20 nit to terra grapplers they rub pretty good on the front inners when just before lock.....and I'm pretty sure there were no alterations to my drivshaft(bought the truck done) but have looked it over pretty well........
4" turbo back
7"superlift
20" ultra goliath 20x9
nitto terra grapplers 355/60/20
viper 7601 alarm remote start w smart start

SOLD....... 2008 xlt crew 6.4 4x4 silver 17x9 kmc spy wheels black 315/70/17 bfg tko
clearshiled paint protection
3m tint 20% fronts 5% over factory rear
uriah products rapid hitch
pionner avicz2 ipod control xm navtraffic
2 pioneer tssw1241d subs custom box around rear seat belt
rockford bd100 amp
edge insight
hid headlights (foglights next)
putco smoked led mirror lights
stay tuned!!more to come soon

87 mustang notchback new 391 cu in stroker dart block jegs/kasse heads turbos or big nos undecided??
installking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2011, 12:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

Hmmm...I have the BDS 6" all-spring lift and 37x13.50 Nittos and they only rub at full lock when reversing. Wheels are 20x10, et -25.
22x14 Fuel Octane | 37x13.50" Toyo M/Ts | 2006 Harley headlights | Bestop steps | Air Ride 5000 rear springs
4" Magnaflow turbo-back exhaust | AFE intake | Road Armor bumper w/12k winch | ARB air lockers F+R
Sinister coolant filter | MKM Complete Solution | Bully Dog PMT | Sun Coast auxiliary tranny filter
Kleinn train horns | 6.4 banjo bolts and blue springs
BimmerDawg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2011, 01:53 PM   #10 (permalink)

If you get the glassworks fenders you can do it with about 3" of lift. Guy by the name of JDHolder had a Ex with 5" of lift, the fenders, and 40" tires stuffed under it. The fenders are about $400 right now.
TxCanyonero is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Stroke Excursions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.