Mag-hytec pan on 4R100? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Stroke Excursions

Power Stroke Excursions Technical discussion of the Ford Excursion SUV with the Power Stroke diesel.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2002, 07:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mag-hytec pan on 4R100?

Has anyone installed the mag-hytec pan on an Excursion? Did you have to relocate the crossmember or was it a direct bolt-on? I want to put one on my 2002 X, but am hesistant to do so if I have to move the crossmember.

Thanks in advance,
Dave
2002 Excursion Limited - 7.3 PSD, 4x4, Auto. Tekonsha Prodigy Controller. ISSPRO EV Gauges in A-Pillar mount. Diesel Turbo Lifesaver. Pre-pump Mod. SCMT-Trimode. AIC. Back Door storage bins. Banks 3 1/2 inch Monster Exhaust. AIS. "U-Code" Springs. Powerstroker Exhaust Brake. Husky Liners. Bilstein Shocks. ART Brakes, Helwig Rear Anti-swaybar. Zoodad Mod. Airlift Rear Airbags. Racor 3550 CCV. Forest River Wildcat 26FBS TT.

2003 VW Jetta TDI - completely stock and 49mpg!
2003 Kubota B2910
dmftoy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2002, 07:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
Re: Mag-hytec pan on 4R100?

Dave,

Yep! You will definetely have to relocated the cross member if you plan on installing the pan on your X! I had my pan dropped and when I went to install the MagHytec found out about the crossmember relocation! I just put the old cover back on and have the MagHytec waiting for the next fluid change?? Perhaps I will than do the xmember mods?? Just didn't want to drill holes in the frame quite yet? [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Good Luck ! Lots of others have posted that they did the mods and the tranny pan bolts up fine. JMO

Clint
2002 Excursion Limited & 1999.5 F350 DRW CC Centurion Mag-Hytech US Gear Cyclone TS Propane&Chip&2stage nitros APP 19.5 Wheels AIC Pioneer GPS Viper Alarm 4 exhaust SunCoast(ProLoc)Tranny&Converter Hutch FUEL LINE MODS CV's removed,HPX mods done to both Hypermax Stage II
bikedoc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2002, 08:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks! I've just been reading all the thread's I can find. (This site is great). Looks like relocating and redrilling two new "rear" holes is the way to go. I'm like you though. I don't know if I want to drill into my NEW frame yet. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
2002 Excursion Limited - 7.3 PSD, 4x4, Auto. Tekonsha Prodigy Controller. ISSPRO EV Gauges in A-Pillar mount. Diesel Turbo Lifesaver. Pre-pump Mod. SCMT-Trimode. AIC. Back Door storage bins. Banks 3 1/2 inch Monster Exhaust. AIS. "U-Code" Springs. Powerstroker Exhaust Brake. Husky Liners. Bilstein Shocks. ART Brakes, Helwig Rear Anti-swaybar. Zoodad Mod. Airlift Rear Airbags. Racor 3550 CCV. Forest River Wildcat 26FBS TT.

2003 Kubota B2910
Old 05-29-2002, 01:08 AM   #4 (permalink)

Drill the holes, you'll be giad you did.
Piece of cake, used the existing rear crossmember holes for the front of the crossmember and drilled 2 new holes for the rear.
Don't forget to do the COMPLETE fluid drain including torque converter and pick some good tranny fluid. I went with Lubrication Engineers Fluid, but there's plenty of good stuff out there.
Troy
2007 4x4 F550 6.0L CrewCab Long Bed. RealPower 12kw PTO Driven Generator. Kelderman Air-Ride Suspension. 25,000# Hitchmasters Hitch, Road Armor Front & Rear Bumpers, Mag-Hytec Tranny Pan, Banks 3 Gauge A-Pillar, Banks Six-Gun w/ Ram-Air Intake & Monster Dual Exhaust. Banks SpeedBrake.

2001 4x4 "No Boundaries" 7.3L Excursion. Banks Powerpack w/ Monster Exhaust & Power Elbow, BTS Tranny, Code "X" Springs, 4" Rear Blocks, RS9000X, BFG TA/KO 295's, BFT Grille, Banks 3 Gauge A-Pillar, AIC, Ride-Rites w/ Compressor & Tank, PSWL, 15,000# Hitchmasters Hitch, Mag-Hytec Tranny Pan & Rear Diff. Cover, TYMAR Intake, Removed Cladding, Stitchcraft Custom Console, 3 Kenwood TV's, DVD, VCR, Back-up Camera, 3 360 watt Rockford Fosgate Amps, Cerwin Vega Separates and 12" Cerwin Vega Subwoofer.
capntroy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2002, 01:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

Has anybody installed the Mag-Hytec transmission pan on an Excursion PSD without relocating crossmember? What is their build date? Are they 4x4 or 4x2?

I wonder if Ford might have relocated the crossmember in early 2000, at the same time when they stopped installing the transfer case skid plate?

I will get underneath mine and try to get some good measurements as to exactly where the crossmember is located in relation to the transmission.
2000 Excursion Limited born 11/99 4x4 Toreador Red ext./gray int. 7.3PSD, 3.73LS, Skidplates, Pwr/Htd TeleMirrors, 6CDchanger, HtdBuckets, LT265/75R16E Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo, Ford Wraparound deflector, PSDV8 badging, RoofMarkerLights, Tekonsha Sentinel brake cntrlr, PCM=AXD0, Edge Evolution II, WalkerBigTruck Muffler, RS9000, RS5410, Performance Friction 2 piece rotors/pads, Sylvania SilverStars, Landyot Gen III, Air Lift rear air bag system, Amsoil from MAXoil.com in diffs/trans/transfer 413k miles.
ExcursionPSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2002, 08:40 AM   #6 (permalink)

If this helps, my build date is 7/00 and I bolted the skid plate right on as an add on. I can take measurements if you need it.

John
Old 06-05-2002, 09:59 AM   #7 (permalink)

Sorry this is a lttle late, I was out of town for a while. I installed the Mag-hytec pan on my X
without relocating the x-member. I have about 1/4 inch clearance between the x-member and
the pan. My X has a build date of 11/00. Hope this helps.

01 4WD PSD Ex - EBM2 - Autometer's on the A, Mag-Hytec Tran Pan, Front Hitch, Dome Light Override, TTM, Tymar Intake, Coolant Filter, Hellwig Bar, Walker BTM, BTS Trans, DP-Tuner, BIG SMILE!
scott-c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2002, 04:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks! I ordered mine and will install it when I get back from this business trip. Hopefully I can do it without having to move the crossmember, but if i have to I'll drill 2 new holes on each side and slide it back. Have you had any problems with it rattling against it under throttle? (1/4 inch seems pretty tight)

2003 Kubota B2910
Old 06-07-2002, 09:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

My X is a 4x4 and looking at the crossmember I think I need to drill more than 2 holes to relocate it. Also, the cross member is tied into the support for the transmission and I don't know how to relocate this part. Has anyone put a Mag-Hytec pan on a 4x4 X?
02 EX 4x4 XLT Premium PSD, AFE Magnum, SPA gauges, Evolution programmer and Edge box, boost tube, Zoodad, 4" DP & exhaust, breather bypass, pre-pump mod, tank mod, H/X mod, AIC, coolant filter, Cyclone fan, Transgo kit + Sonnax valve, rear swaybar, Timbren, Rancho 9000 shocks & stabilizer, Stonecrusher 16x9 and GY 315-70-16/285-75-16 AT/S, Westin bullbar and skid plate, Lund stainless deflector, Mag-Hytec differential, PML tranny pan, Redlines, Amsoil, Hella, Brite Box, BackOFF, Parking Partner, Husky floor mat, full tilt front seats.
AZExcursion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2002, 03:32 PM   #10 (permalink)

CaptnTroy, did you have to do anything to change the mounting point for the transmission? I've just received my pan and have crawled underneath and the crossmember appears to bolt to the transmission. Do you have any pictures of what you did?

Thanks!

Dave

2003 Kubota B2910
Old 06-23-2002, 03:40 AM   #11 (permalink)

Guys
How much fluid does it take for a purge and change?
Got the Mag-hytec pan in the garage and it's time for a fluid change. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
TIA
Oley
FleetGuard pre-pump spin-on fuel and Oil Guard by-pass oil filters and homemade ccv re-rout
{homegrown air intake} Western Diesel Ram Air scoop with HUGE 'TYMAR STYLE' paper filter,
ATS turbo housing W/Wicked Wheel on stock Garret, with Riley air charger boots
and intake heater deleted also Billet aluminum air intakes
{Exhaust is} Jardine 4" with 3 1/2" DP
{She's been} "hutcned" & "TT"d & HX oil crossover hosed
BTS/W V10 cooler, BD TorqueLoc, and Cyclone fan clutch, Mag-Hitec tranny & rear end pans
For ride and tow she's got the Hellwig rear anti-sway bar, Edelbrock IAS shocks,
Firestone Ride Rite over-loads, Tekonsha Prodigy, and Hensley Arrow
knuckledrager is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2002, 01:11 PM   #12 (permalink)

I"m still planning my crossmember relocation, cut it's supposed to take 7 1/2 quarts more than the standard flush. I would just add 8 quarts to the faq on flushing.

Regards,
Dave

2003 Kubota B2910
Old 07-01-2002, 03:17 PM   #13 (permalink)

I installed mine this weekend without moving the cross-member, but trimming it slightly for clearance. I have some pictures, just not posted anywhere just yet. PM me if you want to see the outcome.

I also performed several torque load tests, and there is not enough movement in the powertrain to even come near making the pan hit the cross-member.
Old 07-08-2002, 05:07 PM   #14 (permalink)

If you've got pictures I'd really like to see them. How did you clearance your crossmember? (I have an Angle grinder that I was thinking of using, but wasn't sure how that would work.

Regards,
Dave

2003 Kubota B2910
Old 07-08-2002, 08:43 PM   #15 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)

Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!
2k1 Limited PSD X. Proudly displaying the PSD badge on the rear door, molded mudflaps, rear door storage and crystal headlights from Ford, Husky liners, K & N air & oil filters, U code springs, Hellwig rear sway bar, Mag-Hytec trans pan, Magnaflow turbo back exhaust, Aeroturbine, Fog light mod, Gas tank mod, Rancho 9000 shocks, Coolant filter, XM radio.
Fordasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Stroke Excursions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.