PLEASE HELP!! Driver window controls not working!! - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Stroke Excursions

Power Stroke Excursions Technical discussion of the Ford Excursion SUV with the Power Stroke diesel.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2011, 03:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
PLEASE HELP!! Driver window controls not working!!

I have no working controls for both driver and front passenger windows. However I do have working controls for the rear passenger windows. I have replaced the master control switch and still the same issue. I have lost my owners manual so I dont know what to look for under the dash at the fuse box.

Any suggestions as to what I should look for or to replace. Summer is coming and I want to be able to role the drivers window down!

Thank you in advance

T
Tikler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2011, 11:56 AM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (7)
This may sound simple but try turning your lights on and off, sometimes this happens to me and this fixes it.
2003 7.3 Excursion Limited Ultimate, Mineral Grey Metalic. DVD, Limited Slip, Badged, Cab Lights, Magnaflow, Thule Rack, Top Gun Bumper, 3" Lift, T Prodigy, Air Bags, Edge Programer, XM Radio, Extreme sound system. PIAA Lights, Toyo 325/60/18s on Chrome Alum rims.
MotionMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2011, 07:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

Owners manuals can be downloaded here. Good luck

2008 FX4 F250 CCSB w/ 6.4L PSD - Edge Insight, H13 Bi-HIDs, custom coolant filter, "all deleted", fumoto.
rock_doctor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2011, 11:17 AM   #4 (permalink)

@MotionMan, I tried the lights and it didn't work. Thanks anyway.
@ rock doctor, Thank you for that link.

Looking at the manual it isn't telling me anything about the switch not working. It doesn't show fuse for the window switch only has a fuse for the window motors which aren't the issue because the front passenger window can be rolled down from the passenger side. I'll still check it to see and will post my findings.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

No luck, the manual only shows fuse 601 for power window motors. I removed it and windows were unable to be rolled down from passenger doors. Not sure where the next point of failure could be.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

I wonder if the gem is dieing on you. Post this again in the 6.0 or 7.3 forum depending on the year of the truck. I would suspect the window wiring is similar enough to the crew cabs that they may be able to help you. good luck

7.3 = 2000-2003
6.0 = 2003-2005

2008 FX4 F250 CCSB w/ 6.4L PSD - Edge Insight, H13 Bi-HIDs, custom coolant filter, "all deleted", fumoto.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:18 AM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks again Rock doctor. I've got one other possibility, I have a remote start alarm with the ability to roll down the windows with the remote. I think the transponder that controls the windows is faulty. Ive got my alarm guy coming to look at it. Thanks again for your time and patience. If the problem persists I will go to the other forum

Peace!
Old 02-15-2011, 09:33 AM   #8 (permalink)

Good luck, let us know in case somebody else has the same problem and finds this thread though the search engine.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:50 PM   #9 (permalink)

had the same problem, here is what fixed it, took the control switch out and sprayed it down real good with WD 40 took the air hose and blew it out , reinstalled and windows worked perfect again!
2005 Eddie Bauer Excursion 4X4 ,White
All purchased from Bobby Williams At Sunrise in Fontana
STMPDUST is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Stroke Excursions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.