Power windows go down slow after 1/2 way. - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Stroke Excursions

Power Stroke Excursions Technical discussion of the Ford Excursion SUV with the Power Stroke diesel.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2002, 08:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Power windows go down slow after 1/2 way.

Both my front door windows go down fine at first. After they get more than 1/2 the way down they go really slow. The back door windows work fine. Does everbodys do this? Thanks.
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2002, 02:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

Re: Power windows go down slow after 1/2 way.

My drivers front JUST started doing this...if you use the auto down feature, it will stop partially open.

It is also kind of intermittent...

They didn't used to do it...

Rover
Old 01-14-2002, 11:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mine are just really slow, but it's only when the X is first started up. After the alternator juices the batteries back up, all is well.

I would definitely say that it's the 2nd half of the window rolling down that takes the longest. Don't try to roll down more than one window at a time, it takes quite a while. I like to "race" mine and see which one wins. The rears are always down before the fronts. The power windows draw quite a bit of juice.

My auto-down feature has never stopped mid-way through rolling the window down, it always opens it completely.
Old 01-15-2002, 11:42 AM   #4 (permalink)

To clarify:

The window motor does not stop 1/2 way down...just the window...motor keeps going and I have to click the switch "up" to stop...

I think it is losing grip or something...

Worked great this AM (I have to fold in the DS mirror to get in and out of the garage so I lower and raise the window at least 2x/day even in the winter) so it is still intermittent...

Rover
Old 01-29-2002, 02:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

My Photos: (6)

Just noticed this post. I had this problem (drivers door), so I pulled the inner panel to see what's up. Turns out the runner the window slides down in is narrower at the bottom. Any junk at all causes the track to become sticky as it loads up with crap. Wiped it off with a cloth, then sprayed window lubricant (silicone spray'll work too) into the track, now everything's fine.

Score another brain fart on the design engineers part.

Scott

01 Wedge Blue XLT 4x4, many mods.
<font color="red">PCM EBM2 </font color>
scottt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2010, 12:36 PM   #6 (permalink)

my drivers window will stop dead about 2/3 down without a little help from my hand. Doing this for 5 years, guess I'll clean the tracks out. It will go down ( but slowly ) all the way only if the drivers doors been sitting in HOT direct sunlight though. Thanks I almost bought a new regulator and motor on ebay because it just started to bother me enough to fix it.
2001 X Limited 4x4 PSD;F5 DP Tuner;Ford AIS intake; Magnaflow 4in;Autometer GS 3pod pillar;BFG M/T KM 285x75x16;X-codes and f350 blocks;6.0 trans cooler;Delo ELC;Dieselsite 203 stat,eng.coolant filter,turbo/intake hoses;ITP HPX line,tank pre-pump kit;CCV mod;Hellwig sway-bar;RS9000XL;OEM clearlenses/silverstar ultras;XM radio;Yakima MegaWarrior Rack;Dark Satin Green.

1973 K5 Blazer 383stroker,TrickFlow alum.heads,Crower forged rods-roller lifter cam-roller rockers,Keith Black10.5:1,Doug Thorley tri-y,MSD,ARP,Q-jet,on 1 ton axles,1991 front clip,3K miles on FULL body off rebuild

2003 Mastercraft X9 Wakeboard Edition
boomboom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Stroke Excursions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.