The Diesel Stop banner

Rear squatting with trailer

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  texaspsdx 
#1 ·
Hey guys-

I have an Equal-I-Zer WDH hitch, but my Ex still squats just a bit. The ride is great (surprisingly) but it does sag a bit. I know I could use air bags, but that's a bit more than I'd like to spend at the moment.

I've seen posts on the spring mods...will this work to cure the sag? If so, could I get some pricing and info on it? Thanks, yet again!

#2 ·
I would do a B or F code SD rear spring change with the spring pack mod I came up with. It should help .. but how much?? Whats your tong weight and how much did it sag?

I never have used a Equal-I-Zer WDH hitch but I thought they could be adjusted to level the truck?

PM me if you want info on modding the springs, cheap easy to do.

Cary

#5 ·
I don't know the exact tongue weight, and it probably sags about 21" more than the front. I am goin gto try and readjust the Equalizer to see if that helps, but I did it once before, and I don't think it'll do much. I'd love some info on the spring swaps. Thanks!

#3 ·
I have Timbrens on mine, they seem to do the job just fine with the W/D hitch. Cheaper than airbags and easier than springs.
FS

#6 ·
Jumping in here. Got a new (to me) 7.3 X PSD, '01, and will be towing 7500#. Will something like a Hellwig bar and Bilstein shocks give me enough stability in rear? Will I need Timbrens also?

#8 ·
I swapped my rear springs to those from an F350 4x4 that I picked up at a 4x4 shop that had removed them from a new truck when they did a lift. Fit with no problem and helped the rear end of mine a bunch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.