Best 6.0 EGR delete kit? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > E-Series Vans

E-Series Vans Technical discussion of topics related to vans powered by any of the Navistar engines. This covers a broad number of years, but there isn't enough demand to split it any further.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2011, 08:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Best 6.0 EGR delete kit?

With so many kits on the market now, I was wondering if anyone could share some experience installing one on the 6.0 van. Looking for a kit that doesnt require removal of the intake if possible?
Quigley 6.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2011, 11:51 PM   #2 (permalink)

man , I have a 2008 6.0 Quigley as well. The Vans are ignored by the aftermarkets. We are thought as "fleets of plumbers & electricans" The F-series folks most dont even know we exist.

i cant even find a Cat Delete pipe for a Van. A friend of mine is thinking about making one of stainless steel. Any market for this? i would be his first customer. This way you could switch back to stock before going into the dealer
Premier Kirby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2011, 12:50 AM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (9)
HEY... don't forget ROOFERS ... anyway , My nieghbor has an 07 F350 and is installing the " Egr Delete" from these guys BulletProofDiesel - Darn-Near Bullet Proof Diesel Products for your 6.0 since he plows snow and hauls dirt / rocks so he wants the reliability....If I had a 6.o I would do it too, it looks good anyway...
95 E350 PSD HD Cargo , BB shim , E4OD , B&M aluminium Trans pan , Twin HD coolers , Cat sleeps with the fishes , 3:55 D60FF, EBPV Delete , DP flashed 60 Tow , 140 V idm , Autometer Triple pod , Bridgestone /Hankook
1977 F350 Dually Dump , 460 , 429 POLICE heads , 4:56 D70FF, Edelbrock Intake , Holley 850 , MSD IGN , Custom C-6 Trans , Dual Exhausts , Bridgestone
blageurt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2011, 03:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

From what I've seen, any complete delete kit is going to require a serious tear down, including the intake. How else are you going to get the egr cooler out? Now...if you want to do a partial kit and keep the heat out of the cooler, you could get a bypass pipe. Basically you replace the passenger side up pipe with a straight pipe and put a cover on the intake side of the cooler. If you leave the EGR plugged in, at least on an 04, you won't get a CEL. The Scangauge won't see any codes either but that doesn't mean they're not there. Most likely some kind of "insufficient flow" code to the EGR is being thrown, but who cares, that's why you put the pipe in, right?

I would expect spiking of the coolant temps to diminish as well every time you floor it and no flash boiling of the coolant since no more exhaust gases are going into the EGR cooler. Hopefully with no(less) heat going in there it won't rupture and dump coolant into your intake. I know it's not a true EGR delete, but it's a lot cheaper, easier to do and may go along way to reducing or eliminating failure of the cooler.

When my oil cooler failed, they replaced the EGR cooler as well. I was ready to go for the complete delete kit, but it was already torn down at the dealership and they wouldn't do it so all the OEM parts went back in.

As far as the cat delete pipe, last I checked, eBay had a bunch for the 6.0. I would measure your pipe and see if one of these would fit. I think they were like $50. From what I've read, it doesn't seem to make much of a difference so now I'm looking at a complete turbo back kit for the pickups that I'll have a shop mod to fit my van.

Good Luck!!!

Oogs
Aluminess Front/Rear Bumpers.
125W Solar Panel.
Sportsmobile Trailer on 285/75R16 BFG AT/KO tires w/ dual deep cycle marine batteries, water pump, 10 gal water storage, air compressor, storage box & 15W Solar Panel.
SnowMan Mod / Door Seal Mod
"Blue Spring" Upgrade

Last edited by ridintall; 03-16-2011 at 03:31 PM.
ridintall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2011, 08:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for the replies guys. If I decide to go with the delete, I will definitely be taking the easier route that ridintall suggested. First I'm going to pull the egr and try cleaning it as im sure its pretty chummed up. Any ideas or shortcuts to make it easier to get the egr out? Cut up my arm pretty good just unplugging it! lol
Quigley 6.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2011, 07:59 AM   #6 (permalink)

problem is those delete pipes on ebay are for the F-series & excursion. They wont fit the vans
Premier Kirby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > E-Series Vans

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.