E350 Van Fuel Filter question - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > E-Series Vans

E-Series Vans Technical discussion of topics related to vans powered by any of the Navistar engines. This covers a broad number of years, but there isn't enough demand to split it any further.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2005, 08:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
E350 Van Fuel Filter question

I hope I'm in the right forum, but I don't see PowerStroke 7.3L van forums. We're having a hard time removing the fuel filter to replace it. It seems to be under the turbo and we're wondering if there are step by step instructions somewhere. We have two books and both say, "remove the fuel filter". Not so easy; it has a cap on it that is blocked by the turbo and air filter.

Thanks for any help.

Also, the resevoir that holds water from the fuel (can't remember the name of the thing (luckilly, *I'm* not the mechanic [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) is giving us trouble. The handle simply came off when we tried to remove the top to drain the water. Any hints there?

Can anyone recommend a good book for our van? It is a 2002 Ford E350 SLT (15 passenger) 7.3L PowerStroke van. Thanks!
harvestmoon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2005, 01:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (14)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Re: E350 Van Fuel Filter question

There are responses to your original post on this subject in this LINK TO YOUR THREAD which is now a few pages back in the Van forum. This is the correct forum for vans, the one forum covers all Ford diesel van models. LarryM also brought forward several other fuel filter threads which are also now a few pages back, although the responses in the linked thread pretty well cover it.

[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone recommend a good book for our van? It is a 2002 Ford E350 SLT (15 passenger) 7.3L PowerStroke van.

[/ QUOTE ]
The best book for your van IMO is the OEM Ford Service Manual.The manuals are available from Helm. www.helminc.com They are available in CD or paper. I prefer the paper manual. The set will be over $100.00 ($160 IIRC)but will cover everything.

Other Fords Gone:
1999.5 F250 CC SB XLT 4WD, 7.3 PSD, First F,2nd Diesel, nice but still liked the van better.
2003 E-350 Super Duty Chateau (Club Wagon)7.3PSD, 3rd Club Wagon,First diesel, Never should have sold it....
1996 Club Wagon Chateau Heavy Duty 7.5L (460) V8 Pass anything but a gas station, Traded it in on the '03
1992 E150 Club Wagon Chateau 5.0L (302) V8
ddog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2005, 08:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Thank you SO VERY MUCH!!! I could have sworn I posted before but couldn't find it anywhere. Since we're always on the move, I just assumed I did something wrong when I thought I posted. Thanks for the link to the original thread; I thought I never got it posted.
harvestmoon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2005, 10:14 PM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (14)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Your Welcome! I think your original post was in the 99 and up 7.3 forum and it got moved to here since it was a Van related question. If you click on your user name in any thread your profile will come up and along the bottom you will see "show all posts for this user" click on that and any where you have posted or replied to a post will show up. I use this feature to find back threads I have posted in but didn't start. Ithink you can also go to your home page and set it up to e-mail you when someone has replied to your post and I think the e-mail will contain a link.

By the way, removing the engine cover inside the van is much easier if you remove the drink holder/storage bin that is mounted on the front first. The release clip is behind the plastic storage door. You have to flex the sides of the storage door to get it to open past the stops so you can access the clip. The clip is springsteel, just pull back and lift straight up on the storage bin.

Other Fords Gone:
1999.5 F250 CC SB XLT 4WD, 7.3 PSD, First F,2nd Diesel, nice but still liked the van better.
2003 E-350 Super Duty Chateau (Club Wagon)7.3PSD, 3rd Club Wagon,First diesel, Never should have sold it....
1996 Club Wagon Chateau Heavy Duty 7.5L (460) V8 Pass anything but a gas station, Traded it in on the '03
1992 E150 Club Wagon Chateau 5.0L (302) V8
ddog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > E-Series Vans

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.