Moving drivers seat back - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > E-Series Vans

E-Series Vans Technical discussion of topics related to vans powered by any of the Navistar engines. This covers a broad number of years, but there isn't enough demand to split it any further.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 08:45 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Moving drivers seat back

It seems to me the driver seat is way too far forward. I'm 6'3" and I can't get the seat to go far enough back and it could be 2" higher up.

I have the stock manual seats anybody ever raise and or move the driver seat back? if so how.
Lilnuts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2013, 09:12 AM   #2 (permalink)

seriously tho i once bought an e series ex church van that somebody had removed the seat from the base welded angle iron in then re mounted the seat on the angle iron about 2 inches back, when i put the seat all the way back i couldn't reach the pedals (im 6"1) and when i put the seat all the way forward my missis still couldn't reach them (5"4ish) i dont have any pics since that van is long gone but it looked like a fairly simple affair if you had a welder handy,
the basically re mounted the whole seat assembly right below the adjuster hand handle on the angle iron which thet had welded to the sheet metal thats about 10" high and supports the whole thing
Old 01-29-2013, 12:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

Stock if the seat is all the way forward Tatoo from fantasy island could drive it. The Mrs is 5'4" and she doesn't even move it all the way forwad.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:27 PM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (35)
I did a move on both of the front seats, mainly the passenger side for the wife as she found that it was to close for her.
Now I did mine a bit different than moving the full base back.
The base is in the same spot as stock but the track area has been added on both the base and the seat.
There are angles and extra bolts but now the seat is up about 1 1/2 and goes back about 3 inches.
I should take some photos of the set up that I did... It is by some outside of the box but I have no box....
2000 E350 7.3PSD, Hellwig Stablizer bar,140 Lightforce with covers, 55Watt High/Lows HID's (watch which company) , extras in the bumper. 4"Aero Turbin and 4" all the way back. 1705 program, Scangauge II,265/75/16E Toyo Open Country, My Photos http://photos.thedieselstop.com/show...ser/32366/sl/a
"FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION"

It riles them to believe
that you perceive
the web they weave
And keep on thinking free
Alaskapsdvan is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2013, 10:15 PM   #5 (permalink)

My Photos: (7)
I feel cramped also & my foot gets tired, Sometimes in mountains I dont use cruise control so tranny stays in one gear. I was thinking of raising my seat.
1999 E350 7.3psd , XLT , 15 pass/ext , purchased 6/6/05 w/255k on odo, 8/05 added BTM/straight pipe,5/06 BTS,1"shimmed front coil springs,Michelin XPS 235/85 16 R.,FredGroeske2"rear wheel spacers,1-1/2" rear sway bar,AIC,3 A-pillar guages, Tekonsha envoy,coolant filter,4 pos dp-tuner,In-tank mod & harpooned,dahl-100 prepumpfilter,Scan-guage,Bilstein shocks.
bork is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2013, 04:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

Here is how I did it. Remove the seat, leave the mount bolted to the floor. Drill 4 new holes behind the existing holes, I think I was able to go 1 1/4" to 1/1/2" back, reinstall the seat, it feels like it was moved back a foot!
HeyBob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2013, 11:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

My Photos: (7)
Bob! Good to see ya still around. Thanks for the redrill tip. sounds like a quick fix. I'd like to raise it a bit also. You still have any PSD vans? I thoght you sold them?
1999 E350 7.3psd , XLT , 15 pass/ext , purchased 6/6/05 w/255k on odo, 8/05 added BTM/straight pipe,5/06 BTS,1"shimmed front coil springs,Michelin XPS 235/85 16 R.,FredGroeske2"rear wheel spacers,1-1/2" rear sway bar,AIC,3 A-pillar guages, Tekonsha envoy,coolant filter,4 pos dp-tuner,In-tank mod & harpooned,dahl-100 prepumpfilter,Scan-guage,Bilstein shocks.
bork is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bork View Post
Bob! Good to see ya still around. Thanks for the redrill tip. sounds like a quick fix. I'd like to raise it a bit also. You still have any PSD vans? I thoght you sold them?
I still have the two ClubWagons, the 2002 only has 69,000 miles and since all of my kids are now grown and don't vacation with us anymore I have been toying with the idea of selling it.

It has spent the last 3 years in my garage going only to Florida and Delaware last summer.
HeyBob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #9 (permalink)

I ended up cutting two pieces of 2" x 3/16"wall sq tubing. Bolted them to the floor then redrilled them 3" further back. This raised the seats 2" and moved far back enough that I don't have to use the very last position. The 5'3" Mrs can still move enough forward to drive it. Most people would do better with 1-1/2" sq tubing.
2002 7.3 psd stretch window van, 103K Dp tuner F5 7 tunes, 4" turbo back, Bilstien Hd's, 235/85/16 Michelins, Hid's, Auto-meter tranny temp, boost and pyro gauges, towing mirrors, dynamat doors, Alpine 1000w blaster I found building 5 mast sail boats inside a mini bottle wasn't challenging enough, so I bought a powerstroke van!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > E-Series Vans

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.