The Diesel Stop banner

Rust on Quigley Van

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  7up2u2 
#1 ·
Has anyone had to deal with bad rust under a Quigley van? What'll take to repair? Replacement is $12,000!

#3 ·
Are you in snow belt? I'm always trying to find something to slow rust down. I dont have a Quigley, but google "fluid film". I've been playing with it lately.

#4 ·
Not a Quigley for me either but have developed a rust through just in front of the right rear
wheel on the most lower side & bottom joint area. Only took to one body shop guy so far
and he didn't even want to deal with it. Even told him I was not looking for some
perfect shape or color finish... It was a cash job, not insurance. He suggested MAACO body shop.
I think I would cut it out myself and rivet a piece of metal over it and slop on some bondo and
spray it over with paint or liquid rubber or that fluid film bork mentioned before I would pay
MAACO to do anything. It's a tough spot to be in when these things start to rust. Body work
is Damn expensive! Duct tape anyone? DDT

#5 ·
Rust need to be completely cut out or eliminated. it's a cancer that will come back.
I've used the POR15 stuff once on a friend's car and would never try it again. what a mess!

cut the rust out, grind it off, etc... then replace the panel and be sure to prep the best that you can and then apply a finishing coat of your choice.

#7 ·
Depending of how bad it is, you can sand/scrape the rust, apply rust converter (will convert rust back to metal) prime, a bit of bondo to hide defects, prime and paint.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.