The Diesel Stop banner

'2011 Won't Start just hesitates then lights flicker

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  edjunior 
#1 ·
So just went out to start the truck and she won't start. I have checked batteries and both are at 12.56 volts a piece. I can hear the fuel pump working and the starter acts like its engages but then can turn over the motor so it hesitates lights flicker then nothing.

#2 ·
So not quite sure but wondering if I have a bad cell in a battery. Put my charger up to one of the batteries and was messing with the fuses and got it to start. Thought it was the fuse for the starter. But nope not it once I pulled the charger off the battery it would not start. Hooked the charger back up to the other battery and within 2 min I got it to start. Not going to turn the truck off and going to run it around to see whats up. When I look in the inspection glass of the battery should it be a solid green?

#3 ·
on my 2015, the glass is solid green

#4 ·
Batteries are dead. Diesels need batteries that are fully charged and working.

A battery should be tested under load. Check the volts when u turn the key. I bet they drop more than u think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.