2012 6.7L P228F Code, Truck Dies - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 and Up Ford Super Duties > 6.7L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.7L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.7L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2011-Up Super Duty trucks. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.7L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2012, 09:51 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2012 6.7L P228F Code, Truck Dies

I have a 2012 F350 6.7L and it is throwing a "P228F Fuel Pressure Regulator 1 Exceeded Learning Limits - Too High" code. First the dealer blamed the AFE intake, then they backtracked and blamed the DiabloSport Power Puck and now they are saying I have water in the fuel system and the whole fuel system needs to be replaced to the tune of $10,500.

I know it wasn't the intake. The "learning limits too high" part sounds liemk the programmer but DiabloSport says they do not have a single complaint in their tracking system for this code being set. I am fairly certain it wasn't the programmer (it's a stack module and doesn't alter the computer and it was disconnected and the codes cleared and the code returned). I never got a water in fuel light or code. Only code in the system was the P228F.

I have a specific question: what causes this code?

I am having the fuel and fuel filter analyzed but need better info about this code and what would have caused it. If there was water in the fuel when the truck was running, would there be (trace amounts) water in the oil?
insolution is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2012, 09:59 AM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (29)
This is why I leave everything stock and add PM22 at every fill up. I know PM22 won't keep water out of the system, but I have read too many warranty denials on the fuel system in these trucks.
Good luck on getting this covered under warranty.

2002 F250 CC, 4X4 - Sold
2004 F350 CC, FX4, loaded - Sold
2006 F350 CC, DRW, FX4 - Sold
lincster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2012, 11:00 AM   #3 (permalink)

Is the truck together? Do you have possession? I seriously doubt you are in need of a new fuel system at this point.
Stsmark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2012, 01:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincster View Post
This is why I leave everything stock and add PM22 at every fill up. I know PM22 won't keep water out of the system, but I have read too many warranty denials on the fuel system in these trucks.
Good luck on getting this covered under warranty.
x2 .
United States Navy Veteran
juneau92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2012, 09:03 PM   #5 (permalink)

Hey for giggles I googled P228F obd2 code and there were a couple of comments about H&S owners having this issue with the shutdown. Also some talk of CAI owners seeing it as well.
Stsmark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2014, 06:45 PM   #6 (permalink)

Any luck getting this tracked down? Yes, I know it's an old post.
'04 Excursion EB, 6.0 PS, 4X4, Magnaflow Performance exhaust, Isspro gauges (boost, pyro and tranny), Bilsteins, aFe intake, front and rear leaf spring upgrade w/ bags, 30mm rear sway bar, SCT Xcal2, Red-Head box, Jordan brake controller, Arctic Fox 29V - 20,420# GCW, Everything haulin' me, the wife, the 5 Amigos, Millie and Yogi (our 2 Berners).
Stewey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 and Up Ford Super Duties > 6.7L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.