2012 F250 6.7 update - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 and Up Ford Super Duties > 6.7L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.7L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.7L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2011-Up Super Duty trucks. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.7L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2012, 08:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2012 F250 6.7 update

See below to get the first part of the story and now thge update. Dealership says all the shifting issues are just us the drivers (me and brother in law both) said we left a 4 spd and went to 6 spd we just need to get used to it. Also says that the computer has to learn our driving habits and it will take up to 10k miles to do so. Talked to an acquaintance today that has 30k on his personal truck and says his still shifts funny (guess the computer hasn't learned him yet). Also he has 14 company trucks in his fleet and they do the same thing. So looks like its time to document for the Texas lemon law and let Ford buy it back.

When the truck had just about 200 to 300 miles on it took it to a local dealer to have a recall on it for a sensor and told him about the shifting problems. He said reprogrammimg it may help since that was part of the recall. It did not help. Went to same dealer today and was told they could not work on it because they do not have a certified transmission tech and referred me to another dealership. Tranny has shift issues, bucking at times, surging, power cutting out before shifting. Hesitates when going from park to reverse or drive, or drive to reverse, or reverse to drive. It seems like lugging the engine at low speeds. Currently have 4800 miles on my 2012 F250 Lariat FX4. Ford man all the way here but this is frustrating, may have to go test drive the bad word DODGE. Sad part is my brother in law bought one at the same time and same place and comparing our vin numbers they came off the same line because our numbers are only off a couple of numbers in the sequential part of it. He is having the same problems I am. Ford makes a great truck just get the bugs out of it quickly.
tazawoo2006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2012, 09:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

Not all of us are having the trans issues. I suggest trying a different dealer. It is possible that Cory with Ford Cust Svc will pop in and try to help.
scjmc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2012, 07:39 AM   #3 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazawoo2006 View Post
...Tranny has shift issues, bucking at times, surging, power cutting out before shifting...He is having the same problems I am...
I want to see this is resolved once and for all, tazawoo2006. I can help by arranging a call from your regional Customer Service Manager; please send me a PM with your contact information, VIN, mileage, and dealer name/state. Please check with your brother-in-law to see if hes comfortable giving you his details to forward as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scjmc View Post
Not all of us are having the trans issues. I suggest trying a different dealer. It is possible that Cory with Ford Cust Svc will pop in and try to help.
Thanks for the shout-out, scjmc.

Cory

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordTrucks @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordTrucks facebook.com/Ford
FordService is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2012, 09:36 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
I want to see this is resolved once and for all, tazawoo2006. I can help by arranging a call from your regional Customer Service Manager; please send me a PM with your contact information, VIN, mileage, and dealer name/state. Please check with your brother-in-law to see if hes comfortable giving you his details to forward as well.

Thanks for the shout-out, scjmc.

Cory
Not familiar with the PM.
tazawoo2006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2012, 10:58 AM   #5 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
Click on cory's name in left of reply window and it opens up a menu on which you'll find "private message" so you can send him an e-mail through the internal mail system of this site.

The learning thing is misunderstood by your dealer. It does not learn you the trans control module, TCM, is adjusting the completion time of the gear changes. When the time is too long it will incrementally change the electric pressure regulator valve signal to increase fluid pressure during that shift until the time falls within the target time. If the shift is too fast (usually after towing where the adjustment {"learning"} has ramped up pressure for the load) then t will incrementally decrease the pressure. The adjustment could be one gear change and it is "fixed" or it could be several.
The TCM does not care who drives the truck as it is not learning them. The response of engine to throttle is the same regardless of who pushes the pedal.
The only thing that the driver can do to mess this up is to change throttle as it shifts. Some people develop a habit of anticipating a gear change and changing the throttle "to help it shift". If you do this (and you may not know you do it) it will inhibit the shift control adaptation process.
36 feet on the floor Elite/Outlaw LQ horse trailer.
36 foot double tandem axle flatbed trailer.
36 foot Sooner 6 horse large dressing/ mid tack.
2003 EB Expedition 149K (no engine repairs, gas burners are the new longevity leaders)
2004 Volvo V70R AWD-high miler in fleet, 215K (no engine repairs)
2007 BMW 550i 6MT 112K
jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2012, 11:04 AM   #6 (permalink)

My Photos: (4)
Tazawoo....I'm sorry to hear about your problems. I'm in the same boat, a large list of trans problems, and nearly the identical complaints and mileage as yours. I'm going through the Ohio Lemon Law, simply becase of the poor customer service and their lack of care when trying to handle this problem. I dont want this truck anymore. I hate driving it because its simply a pain the the you know what. BTW Cory, I never heard back from my rep after you "re-escalated" my case. Monday mine is going back again, this is the 7th trip in 3 months. I did send you PM's in regards to this.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazawoo2006 View Post
Not familiar with the PM.
tazawoo2006,

I see jimmy already jumped on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
Click on cory's name in left of reply window and it opens up a menu on which you'll find "private message" so you can send him an e-mail through the internal mail system of this site...
Thanks a bunch for helping out, jimmy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50stealth View Post
...BTW Cory, I never heard back from my rep after you "re-escalated" my case. Monday mine is going back again, this is the 7th trip in 3 months. I did send you PM's in regards to this.
50stealth,

I arranged for you to be called before the end of the day today. I sent you a PM with more details, so please see your inbox.

Cory

Last edited by FordService; 07-11-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:59 PM   #8 (permalink)

I am having the exact same issue with my truck. I have owned it less than 30 days and noticed the same problem the very next morning. It is slow to engage into reverse or drive in the mornings or when it has sitting for a while. Shifting is sluggish and seems like it may be slipping at times. I was drawn to this forum after searching for my problems on the net and have found several people with the same issue. At first my dealer told me I needed to get used to the new engine and transmission as it was different from my 2010 f250. After a few more days I drove It to my dealer and discussed my problems with service dept and now without even driving my truck or even sitting in the seat they tell me I need a new transmission pump and parts are on order. Going on 2 weeks now. Has anyone else been told this and is this the correct fix. Truck only has 800 miles on it
Jw21179 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 08:36 AM   #9 (permalink)

I had the same exact stuff happen to my truck. It took them 2 years to figure out it was the trans pump. Once they put the new pump in my truck was 100% better. It was a totally different truck.
chiro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 11:49 AM   #10 (permalink)

Exclamation F250 Diesel Shift Problems - Drive to Reverse

Has anyone had shifting problems with the f250 diesel 6.7 shifting from drive to reverse? It does not want to go into drive as quickly as it should and possibly still be in drive when the stick shows reverse?
I have had a couple times where this has happened and the last one was very serious. I need help finding out if this has been an issue with the tranny. I have seen other posts here with different kinds of shift problems that I am also experiencing but thought "it was just they way the truck was" and had to get used to it. My truck was bought in July 2012 and has been great otherwise....this last incident was seroius and want to dig into the matter to see if there are any other issues out there.
Please let me know.
Thanks!
kstop57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 01:16 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstop57 View Post
Has anyone had shifting problems with the f250 diesel 6.7 shifting from drive to reverse? It does not want to go into drive as quickly as it should and possibly still be in drive when the stick shows reverse?
I have had a couple times where this has happened and the last one was very serious. I need help finding out if this has been an issue with the tranny. I have seen other posts here with different kinds of shift problems that I am also experiencing but thought "it was just they way the truck was" and had to get used to it. My truck was bought in July 2012 and has been great otherwise....this last incident was seroius and want to dig into the matter to see if there are any other issues out there.
Please let me know.
Thanks!
Hi kstop57,

I want to loop in your regional customer service manager and get them involved. To do so, I'll need a PM from you with your VIN, dealership, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name; I'll escalate your case and ensure that your CSM contacts you promptly.

Crystal

Old 06-16-2013, 02:10 PM   #12 (permalink)

Question F250

.wish I would have found this Saturday I am suppose to pick up my new F250 6.7 Monday but now thinking maybe not and just go back to a chevy also is the F550 having same problem were looking at buying one for a rescue truck at the fire department but maybe should go chevy for it also
Ccvfd1302 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2013, 03:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccvfd1302 View Post
.wish I would have found this Saturday I am suppose to pick up my new F250 6.7 Monday but now thinking maybe not and just go back to a chevy also is the F550 having same problem were looking at buying one for a rescue truck at the fire department but maybe should go chevy for it also
I'm hoping that since we haven't heard from them since December the problem got fixed.
Old 06-16-2013, 03:54 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccvfd1302 View Post
I have had my 250 6.7 for a year now with 19000 miles n it and no problems or issues. I love my truck.
Meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2013, 03:43 PM   #15 (permalink)

We have a 2012 F250 FX4 Diesel with just a little over 10,000 miles. We have been working with the service department since the 1st part of June 2013 with the same complaints that you describe. We have used 2 different 'flight recorders' from the Ford service people to try & help solve this problem. Well..... today they called and stated that it's not a tranny, engine, etc... problem, but a SOFTWARE problem!!! They want us to allow them to put a 'TEMPORARY FIX' in the truck to see if it fixes it - BUT THEN THEY CAN'T TELL US WHEN IT WILL HAVE A PERMANENT FIX AVAILABLE!! How's that for a kick in the teeth!!! Gee, they know what's wrong, but don't want to fix it permanently!! I told them to take the item out of new truck on the lot and put it in ours, then the new truck without an owner can wait to be fixed. Sounds like FORD MOTOR CORP. knows exactly what's going on, but they want to see how many irate customers complaints they can get before they will do anything PERMANENT about it.
pearl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 and Up Ford Super Duties > 6.7L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.