2013 6.7 Ford or Ram? - Page 2 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 and Up Ford Super Duties > 6.7L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.7L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.7L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2011-Up Super Duty trucks. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.7L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 05:45 PM   #16 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
Is the tranmission issues fixed on the 2013 Fords?
It was fixed in the 2012 Fords. 2011 had primarily software glitches, though I've read they also changed out some valving and possibly the flywheel for 2012+. I am not aware of any changes for 2013 as they seem to have sorted it out.

Re: tranny, someone I know who just bought a 2012 said after he did a battery-pull reset to clear out a stuck condition in Sync, it of course reset the transmission memory and forced it to relearn. Since then it's apparently driven better as well, it seems all the yahoos test driving it taught the transmission bad habits.
rforsythe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2013, 06:07 PM   #17 (permalink)

My Photos: (4)
[QUOTE=rforsythe;2292690]It was fixed in the 2012 Fords. 2011 had primarily software glitches, though I've read they also changed out some valving and possibly the flywheel for 2012+. I am not aware of any changes for 2013 as they seem to have sorted it out.

Not so quick there. There are still problems on some 2012's. And have not resolved those. As for the 13's I haven't heard yet. Its still to early.
2011 F-350 Superduty 6.7. CC,LB, SRW 3.31 ELD.Vermillion Red.Bakflip HD,Spray in bedliner. Tint all windows.Edge Insite CTS. DDM Tuning,Hi/Low HID'S (H13,55W.Bull Bar. red grill lettering/stainless tailgate letters.AMI chrome locking fuel door.Plazma light bar.
2011 F-350 Superduty 6.7. CC.LB SRW Oxford white. (FORD BUY BACK)!!!
2009 F-250 Superduty 6.4. CC.LB SRW Trade in.
2010 Ford Focus. All the bells and whistles. Red Wifey's econo box
1994 F-150.XLT.5.8 litre 351. E4ODE.Extended cab LB. 198,000 miles.Don't use a drop of oil.
Hdslider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2013, 07:21 PM   #18 (permalink)

FWIW I have one of the early 2011's, bought it in November of 2010, and am just as happy now as the day I bought it. Only problem I've had was a chaffed wire inside the fenderwell that caused some intermittent codes and warnings. Other than that not a single problem.

I've had an '05 Dodge and my father an '06 Chevy, both diesels, and have been happiest with the Ford. Honestly I can't see myself going back to either but all 3 manufactures make a heck of a nice truck.

Best of luck and enjoy whichever you choose

Jeff
Old 02-19-2013, 07:31 PM   #19 (permalink)

gm,dodge and ford really are all 3 nice trucks. engines and trans r pretty close i believe. that being said i disassemble and reassemble all 3 routinely and the build quality nod def goes to the ford. followed by the ram and i put the gm last. drive em both several times if u can and dont read too much into the hoopla. take care of em and they all will last and perform... my opinion
wickedlester is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2013, 09:26 PM   #20 (permalink)

Ended up buying a 2013 F350. So far I'm loving it! Glad to be rid of the 6.4!
Doubletap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2013, 10:08 PM   #21 (permalink)

Did you drive the dodge, how did it feel? My bro in law has the 2011 (dodge 2500) and I hate how you can't see over the hood, that was one of the factors that helped steer me to my Ford.
Grout-scout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2013, 02:10 AM   #22 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (189)
My brother hauls RV's to all over the us, canada and alaska. he traded in his '03 5.9 for a
7.3 at 300K miles. he traded the 7.3 in at 277K for a 08 silverado diesel. After being out
of work for 2 years [knee and hip replacements] he traded that in at 700+K for another
silverado diesel a year ago. already has 300K on that. he liked all BUT the chevy
was the better on repairs for him. he is a stickler for maint. and fixing problems right
even if it costs a little more. he was never stranded "on the road" with the silverados
but was with both the 5.9 and 7.3's

roll the dice take your best guess and pray .

I've owned both a 99 7.3 and an 01 5.9. don't know what i'd buy if i had to.

jm

Pic under name is record holder high mileage vehicle. 3469.6 MPG. Built by UNLV Mechanical Engineering students.

2014 Fusion Hybrid 40 MPG
2009 Mitsubishi Outlander SE - (24 MPG in town)
2004 VW Golf TDI - (42 MPG in town)

click on or copy & paste for forum rules
http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/...=rula#faq_rulz
johnm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2013, 08:58 AM   #23 (permalink)

depends on the cost... I am sure the Ford is 10=15% higher?? Both New, both with great reviews...its a decision you are your backside needs to make,,,sit in both and YOU make the decision.
NealTrombley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2013, 07:32 PM   #24 (permalink)

Not sure you could go wrong with either. Personally, I think the new Super Duties are ugly, while the Dodges are a little better looking, but that's just me. I hope Ford does a good job on the upcoming redesign.
2003 Ford Explorer XLT 4.0L V-6 5-spd auto 4wd 3.55
NRA Life member
Wobblin-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2013, 06:53 AM   #25 (permalink)

The new RAMs are much better than the 20yr old truck ford wants to pass as a 2013... Lol come on... It's an insult to just keep on changing the front fenders to call it a new truck... Lol

I call it the Joan rivers of the truck world.

Drive them both and decide on the truck you like. Take a look at all the issues fords have compared to the GMs and RAMs. Gets very easy at that point...
Jdmuscle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2013, 07:24 AM   #26 (permalink)

Ford
Old 04-25-2013, 07:27 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdmuscle View Post
The new RAMs are much better than the 20yr old truck ford wants to pass as a 2013... Lol come on... It's an insult to just keep on changing the front fenders to call it a new truck... Lol

I call it the Joan rivers of the truck world.

Drive them both and decide on the truck you like. Take a look at all the issues fords have compared to the GMs and RAMs. Gets very easy at that point...
WOW that is a statement,
I have a 2011 and 2012 Ford and trust me they are a tad better than a 20yr old truck.....

The Dodge is a great product for the price, I drive mine a lot and like the Ford under my butt..it rides better and has a lot better interior..( except my arm rest). All vehicles have issues ALL of them..it all comes down to what you can afford and your preference...
NealTrombley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2013, 12:51 PM   #28 (permalink)

2011 f350 srw crewcab 0 issues

I have 2011 f350 I have 0 issues average about 17 miles per gallon Hwy -city . One problem with a Dodge who will own them next year ?
ridgerun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2013, 11:40 PM   #29 (permalink)

I have drove and owned all of the big 3 manufacturers, and settled in for a new 6.7L F350 Ford. The Fords seem like a better built truck and have had few problems with them , wasn't a fan of the 6.0L Ford diesel though and had a couple minor glithches with one and it never left me stranded but love the 6.7 Liter so far and believe most other reviews prove that as well. Fuel economy and performance is great and I am sure it would fair better then the competition on a majority of comparisons.
And to top it off , I prefer the looks of the Ford over the others as well so I couldn't be happier.
King of the Hill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2013, 11:55 AM   #30 (permalink)

Cool 2005 Ford F350 Crew Cab 4x4 with 6.0l diesel

In the past 2 weeks my Ford has been in the shop twice.....the first time needing a new #7 ejector....after picking up the truck and 1600.00 later I drove 50 miles, stopped to refuel...started the truck....low oil pressure light came on, oil gauge dropped to nothing and the truck shut down...back to the shop.....metal found in the oil pressure relief valve.....traced back to lots of metal in the oil pump....conclusion.....need a new engine......truck has had 3 turbos, several oil leaks that took multiple visits to fix......other that ALL that the truck was fine....Did I mention there is only 40k miles on this truck....looks great but not getting a new engine......Now I need a new truck to haul my Camper and tow my boat......Diesel seems to be the only way to go......I have had a Dodge (V10) and the trcuk started to fall apart and the transmission failed......now the Ford is Dead....Wish I could buy the Ford interior with the Dodge Cummins and the Chevy Tranny....but since I can't.....Does Ford still own Cummins? Is the 6.7 Cummins related to the Ford 6.7 in any way? Any guidance is truly appreciated.
BlownEngine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 and Up Ford Super Duties > 6.7L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.