The Diesel Stop banner

'2015 F450 Feels Like it's Misfiring!!

5K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Marvin Lopez 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello,
I have a 2015 Ford F-450 with 83k. Its my work truck i haul cars with it so i put it to work every day. Went back to work after the weekend. starting driving and notice my RPM was at 2k and it was dropping like if it was missing firing. pulled over open the hood to check the belts or if anything looked bad. nothing was wrong. Got back in my truck and my oil temperature was a 300 degrees and ENGINE OVER TEMP came on. so i turn off and on the truck and everything went back to normal. I decided to take the truck to the dealer. it was still doing the misfiring feeling the whole way to the dealer

Truck was at the dealer for 2 days. They couldn't find anything wrong with the truck. Dear told me the truck is not acting up on them. i went to pick it up and it did the same thing on me. went back told them the problem is still there. they said there's no check engine light on so they don't know what the problem is. i told them its a brand new truck how can i be having issues already. so i told them to change the fluids on the motor and Transmission and Differential. pick up the truck from the dealer and its still doing the same thing. dealer says they don't know what the problem is. ANY BODY HAS THIS PROBLEM TOO???

Truck only does it when i accelerate. in every speed low and high.
Doesn't do it when Idling only on acceleration and when I'm using cruise control

Truck History:
1.Water pump has been changed twice.
2.taken to the dealer numerous times because check engine light turns on (dealer doesn't know why check engine light is on)
3. AC PROBLEMS.

Really Thinking of Hiring a LEMON LAW LAWYER.....

See less See more
#3 ·
Good point. I would ask to take someone for a ride and demonstrate the concern. I know that there were times that doing so was beneficial for me as a tech.

Reactions: Marvin Lopez
#4 ·
Thanks for the advice, the dealer advisor told me that the technician took my truck for a drive and he couldn't fine anything. i guess next time i will go with him, sounds like a good idea.

I have a friend that owns a dodge ram and his had the same issues, he suggested that maybe i had bad diesel. told me to change my fuel filters again and put (Royal Purple,
Max-Tane™ Diesel Fuel Injection Cleaner & Cetane Booster). i ran out of ideas so i did it, desperately because i haven't worked for a whole week.. Drove my truck for 100 miles to my mothers house, it did it over 40 times .. i wasn't happy at all. On my way back home it only did it in the beginning 4 times and made it home with no problems. Tomorrow im gonna go to work see how it does fully loaded.. This issue is really driving me crazy. hopefully that was it. Thanks again for your help.

#5 ·
Sorry for your problems, but have you thought of taking it to a different dealer? With a CEL on, there should have been a code set? And they couldn't find anything?
Would also be keeping very good records of what is going on, and always get a ticket for anytime you have it in the shop--so you have records of trying to get it fixed.
Joe

#6 ·
Hello again,
So the problem came back! When i first posted i said that my ENGINE OVERTEMP light came on and REDUCED ENGINE POWER light comes on as well. My oil gauge goes all the way to the right to extreme hot i look at my digital gauge and its over 300 degrees, when 5 sec ago it was at 199 degrees. so that tells me a sensor is wrong.. (i think)

When I'm driving i notice my digital oil gauge is at 203 degrees and out of know where it flickers to 316 degrees and that is when the MISS FIRE FEELING STARTS to happen. i think when it flickers from 203 degrees to 316 degrees it tries to go into REDUCED ENGINE POWER MODE and that's what makes it feel like MISS FIRE. it flickers really fast and then the truck is back to normal. truck runs fine doesn't waste fuel has great power. everything is normal until that oil temp starts flickering.

This is my work truck so i need to stay working to make money for my family. i have taken it twice to the dealer and they cant fine anything wrong. this problem is not there all the time, it does it randomly. it didn't do it for almost a week and then it just came back. i was thinking of trying to fix it my self like changing the oil temp senor, i called the dealer to talk to the same ADVISOR to tell him what i think it might be he said bring it and let us have it for couple of days. I'm losing a lot of money taking it there for them to tell me nothing is wrong. HAS ANYBODY HAD THIS PROBLEM?????

#8 ·
Are you using a digital link connector (OBDLink, etc) to connect to a Bluetooth or wifi device for digital readout? If so, try removing it with power off. Restart and leave it out for a fe hours. I the misfire problem persists, you can rule out interference from that device/adapter.

If you pull the adapter out of the port with engine running or too soon after shutdown, it can cause codes to be lost/erased.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.