The Diesel Stop banner

'2015 Lariat will be mostly sitting for 4-5 months

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  ArcticDriver 
#1 ·
Due to circumstances, my new 2015, 6.7 L Diesel equipped crew ab Lariat will only be used for short runs about town about twice a week and 200 mile trips about once a month for the next five months at which time it will be used to pull my 5th Wheel on extensive camping trips for several months.
My question to all you kind folks out there is " Should I be taking any special precautions, maintainence - wise, due to my "soft" treatment of this work horse? " As someone totally new to Diesel engines, I am looking for advice. Thanks for your help.
Jim

#2 ·
The only thing I would pay attention to is the fuel level. ULSD has an affinity to absorb water.

Reactions: HeavyAssault
#5 ·
Short trips, anything under the 12 miles or more is needed to clear out the Soot from when the Regen Light comes on. Do your best to be fully drive out the emissions systems. Cetene boost may help with cleaning the filter out, and offer better performance for the winter blended fuel. Winter fuel is better fuel than Summer, has more fuel economy and more power. As above poster said Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel does indeed grab water like a champion, you truck has 2 fuel filters to try and prevent this water in fuel from going into the high pressure fuel rail. Water Separator needs to be dumped routinely all year long especially in the winter. Also the last resort fuel filter in the engine bay needs to have a replacement nearby for when it's gelled off and frozen 30 below or colder.

#6 ·
Winter fuel is better fuel than Summer, has more fuel economy and more power.
I think you swapped that around backwards.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.