6.7 fuel pump ? - Page 2 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 and Up Ford Super Duties > 6.7L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.7L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.7L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2011-Up Super Duty trucks. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.7L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks Cystal not really concerned, bought the 100,000 mile warranty so got 94,000 left to go actually thought it might be the fuel level that caused it but 1/4 tank just seems a little high to be sucking air. Still learning some of the quirks and noises from the 6.7 Back from my hot rodding days thought the fuel actually helped cool the pump so dry /air was bad. Actually going to take it in the next day or so had to have something else done will talk with them again about it
2012 F250 Lariat 6.7 Golden Bronze 4X4, MBRP Filter Back Duals, Alpine INE-Z928HD, Focal Amp and Speakers and a ton of Dyno Mat, RetraxPro, Clifford Alarm Recon smoked marker/clearance lights, HID Headlights, Rigid D2 Driving Lights (in fog location), Bilstein 5160 shocks,Hellwig Big Wig Sway Bar, Pro Comp 2 Inch Nitro Leveling Kit, Fuel 22" Maverick Wheels , Nitto 325/50R22 Terra Grappler, Westin Bull Bar

Protected by H&KUSP and friends

2006 Hummer H2 (traded for diesel hope never to go back to the dark side (gas)
2005 F250SD SB 4X4 6.0 Harley Edition (traded)
2003 7.3 F350 DRW 4X4 (traded)
2001 7.3 F250 4X4 (traded)
Steve Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 10:24 PM   #17 (permalink)

I sell at a dealership, and let me say we move a lot of 6.7s. so much that we dont even stock the gassers. we either have to do a dealer trade or order if someone wants a 6.2. that said in all honesty i have seen 2 come back with an obliterated hpfp. both times was contamination. hate to say it because they literally pay my bills, but the 6.7 needs to be revamped with better tolerances, or much much more filtration. i also rely on repeat business and one of em was a truck i sold. i tried to smooth him over but he went on to a cummins. probly never see him again. its hard for me just to say oh well his loss because i like to take care of my customer and be his friend as well. i see more than dollar signs
93 F250 ext cab 4x4, 7.3 5 speed, Banks Sidewinder, straight piped (I've actually seen people look up when I pass to find the low flying jet ) 2 tone beige (fugly) I dont worry about how much weight my truck will pull, I worry about how much it'll stop.
jacksonguitars4life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 10:32 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonguitars4life View Post
I sell at a dealership, and let me say we move a lot of 6.7s. so much that we dont even stock the gassers. we either have to do a dealer trade or order if someone wants a 6.2. that said in all honesty i have seen 2 come back with an obliterated hpfp. both times was contamination. hate to say it because they literally pay my bills, but the 6.7 needs to be revamped with better tolerances, or much much more filtration. i also rely on repeat business and one of em was a truck i sold. i tried to smooth him over but he went on to a cummins. probly never see him again. its hard for me just to say oh well his loss because i like to take care of my customer and be his friend as well. i see more than dollar signs
When you say contamination, do you mean actual confirmed water/gas or def in fuel? Or just Ford saying contamination and skating on warranty?
Old 01-10-2013, 04:52 PM   #19 (permalink)

What fuel pump problem?

All I can say is that the majority of companies that run these Super Duties in their fleets wouldn't be buying them if these problems that we read about on forums were running rampant among the trucks.

My independent diesel repair shop owners were certifed Ford diesel techs. They stay in tune with what's going on out there. When they were working on our Ram (Cummins) they were very open about all the diesels out there right now. I relied upon their opinion of the new 6.7 (among other opinions also) before purchasing this truck. They are saying that right now this motor is holding up very well with very few reported problems.

They haven't heard a peep about fuel pump problems, if they did they would be warning me to keep an eye on the truck.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:55 PM   #20 (permalink)

Well per Ford the dealership removed my fuel tank and checked all the connections, which were fine, so they now have a fuel pump on order which is back ordered. I hope the one I have now only sounds like the bearing is going out and not really going out. I am just glad that it continued making the noise until they could locate the problem.
2012 F250 Lariat 6.7 Golden Bronze 4X4, MBRP Filter Back Duals, Alpine INE-Z928HD, Focal Amp and Speakers and a ton of Dyno Mat, RetraxPro, Clifford Alarm Recon smoked marker/clearance lights, HID Headlights, Rigid D2 Driving Lights (in fog location), Bilstein 5160 shocks,Hellwig Big Wig Sway Bar, Pro Comp 2 Inch Nitro Leveling Kit, Fuel 22" Maverick Wheels , Nitto 325/50R22 Terra Grappler, Westin Bull Bar

Old 01-11-2013, 09:34 PM   #21 (permalink)

IMHO, the poor quality/low lubricity diesel supply (<15ppm ULSD) in the U.S. that is mandated by the Nazi's (EPA) can be improved with products such as Ford' PM-22/PM-23, DieselKleen, or other. Why not use these readily available, relatively low cost fuel additives to help insure that our HPFPs and other fuel system components stay healthier..?

2010 F350 6.4L FX4 Lariat Auto CC SWB- AFE Stage II, Flo Pro 5" TBE, H&S Mini Maxx on Hot Damn/Hot!

02 F250 7.3L 4x4 6spd Lariat CC LWB
3" lift, BFG A/T 315's on stock wheels, AFE stage II, Edge J/A, 4" straight piped, Ranch Hand frt/rear
highmtnstrokin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 09:39 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06ram610 View Post
When you say contamination, do you mean actual confirmed water/gas or def in fuel? Or just Ford saying contamination and skating on warranty?
Yes, I am curious about this as well..??

jacksonguitars4life..??

2010 F350 6.4L FX4 Lariat Auto CC SWB- AFE Stage II, Flo Pro 5" TBE, H&S Mini Maxx on Hot Damn/Hot!

02 F250 7.3L 4x4 6spd Lariat CC LWB
3" lift, BFG A/T 315's on stock wheels, AFE stage II, Edge J/A, 4" straight piped, Ranch Hand frt/rear
highmtnstrokin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 07:36 PM   #23 (permalink)

So Crystal what is the deal with the part number being changed for the fuel pump did they redesign it or is it a different vendor?

Old 01-16-2013, 10:31 AM   #24 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Campbell View Post
So Crystal what is the deal with the part number being changed for the fuel pump did they redesign it or is it a different vendor?
Hey there,

I don't have any specific information about changes to parts or vendors; you can always reach out to your dealership's parts or service department for assistance.

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordTrucks @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordTrucks facebook.com/Ford
FordService is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 and Up Ford Super Duties > 6.7L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.