The Diesel Stop banner

Does this make sense to anyone?

5K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  DieselBudlite 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 · (Edited)
Very interesting indeed. They mentioned traction was an issue in the f250 during the 3/4 diesel comparo then said they had to use a little finesse to control the gm off the line, well, use a little finesse on the Ford too then, a good driver would have made a difference. I know these aren't racecars but I dont see how a 6.0 could be that close to a 6.7. Ford needs to find a way to trim some fat too, I don't want to go the route gm is ( paper thin metals and a lot of plastic) but the fords are always so much heavier. Thanks for posting those, I hadn't seen the TT article before.

#3 ·
I think a lot of it is cumputer contolled BS. That is my complaint about what I say is the dead pedal for the 1st second when you hit the throttle. The truck doesnt move. I mean it does, but not like a truck with this much power should. Has anyone else noticed you cant totally turn off the TC.

Tim

#5 ·
I like the programming idea, that is the conclusion I came to as well. Mash the throttle as hard as you want. The PCM probably ramps the fuel at a set number of rates based on throttle position....

#6 ·
Dead pedal

I have the dead pedal too and hate it. It is dangerous. I guess it's there to protect the drivetrain but its dangerous.

#7 ·
The truck doesn't respond well to mashing the pedal to the floor. If you want to get up and go quickly, either roll into the throttle or hold the truck back a little with the left foot and then let go. Then you have a 8,000 lb rocket.

#10 ·
I think the whole dead pedal thing is set that way for emissions. It gives the chance for the turbo to spool up before dumping the fuel; otherwise it would product more smoke.

#11 ·
Also have to remember unlike a belt driven supercharger, turbos used on these engines are exhaust driven. To completely eliminate ALL t. lag would be outstanding break thru in engineering to say the least.

#12 ·
Yeah, but I thought the whole reverse engine flow thing was supposed to significantly reduce lag? It sounds to me like these are almost worse than the 6.4's with this lag issue.

I'm thinking this either has to be a bug or some sort of intentional emissions/EPA bull**** programmed into the software.

#13 ·
Just one observation......if you want to launch off the line, why did you buy an 8,000lb truck? Wouldn't a Shelby GT500 be a better choice for racing.....Just my $.02. lol

#16 ·
I faintly remember my first 08 6.4L before the stop-sale, before the flash put out the torch...yep I faintly remember driving down Johnston street taking off from a light. I just can'nt remember any lag at all, like it took all that steel and took off like a bat out of hell.

Oh well, I guess Ford fixed that too...Hee, Hee

If you want it to go, just get a feel for the launch point...press the pedal just a little and see what happens in a safe area. Its all electric so let the electronic work...I'm always ramp-ing up from a stop light turning green. Its fun finding yourself far from the pack. When your truck has everything working just right, you should have no problems...just keep it out of the hands of a Ford mechanic, they tend to screw up more than they fix cause they do not view the truck as a system of one. They and the engineers do one thing that usually has nothing to do with the other and causes something else to happen...Yikes!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.